Horse Racing

Postby Dunking Donut » 29 Jan 2007, 12:50

It's a horse, who cares? Get it to jizz in a cup and you can have a bunch more. Or clone the fucker.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Jan 2007, 14:47

From this article:

"This horse was a hero," said David Switzer, executive director of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association.

That may be the absolute dumbest thing I've read since the last time Dickie V. wrote a column for ESPN.com. Did Barbaro save a baby from a burning building? No. You fucking put him in a high-risk sport for profit and it didn't work out.

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Jan 2007, 16:09

Dammit, i just figured out this irrational Boston hate for Barbaro. Barbaro was a colt! I get it now. Clearly, he was evil.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Jan 2007, 16:12

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Dammit, i just figured out this irrational Boston hate for Barbaro. Barbaro was a colt! I get it now. Clearly, he was evil.

Don't forget I hate the Patriots. Barbaro just blows. Or I guess the proper tense is "blew".

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JichaelDick » 29 Jan 2007, 18:23

Frank the Tank wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Dammit, i just figured out this irrational Boston hate for Barbaro. Barbaro was a colt! I get it now. Clearly, he was evil.

Don't forget I hate the Patriots. Barbaro just blows. Or I guess the proper tense is "blew".

I don't hate Barbaro...I hate the people on the Barbaro message board that compared him to Gandhi. I bet they all fly up to Philly for the equine funeral.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 29 Jan 2007, 18:34

I think it's sick that people are making jokes about this. Most of the people that are horse/dog owners for racing could give 2 shits about them. I feel bad for these animals.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Jan 2007, 20:13

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:I think it's sick that people are making jokes about this. Most of the people that are horse/dog owners for racing could give 2 shits about them. I feel bad for these animals.

With all due respect Ogie, when they regularly shoot horses who have broken legs but then call one a "hero" because they wouldn't put him out of his misery earlier but he could run really fast it's sickening and asking for a backlash. You're right, the people who've overdone it deserve the taunting more than Barbaro, but I don't know their names so fuck the horse.

Yes I'm a bad person. Yes I'm okay with that.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 29 Jan 2007, 20:16

Frank the Tank wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:I think it's sick that people are making jokes about this. Most of the people that are horse/dog owners for racing could give 2 shits about them. I feel bad for these animals.

With all due respect Ogie, when they regularly shoot horses who have broken legs but then call one a "hero" because they wouldn't put him out of his misery earlier but he could run really fast it's sickening and asking for a backlash. You're right, the people who've overdone it deserve the taunting more than Barbaro, but I don't know their names so fuck the horse.

All I mean is it isn't the horses fault. It should have been put out of it's misery a long time ago but the greed overwhelmed the owners and that poor thing suffered because of it.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby mister bacon » 29 Jan 2007, 20:22

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

All I mean is it isn't the horses fault. It should have been put out of it's misery a long time ago but the greed overwhelmed the owners and that poor thing suffered because of it.

i really dont care, and thats the thing that pisses me off... that ive been subjected to fucking updates about this horse for over a goddamned year, especially on ESPN. a horse is not an athlete to me, nor does anyone give a single crap about horseracing unless its derby time. i am sick of this fucking story, and by extension that fuckin horse. may he rest in peace, but if i hear another story about that goddamned horse it will be too goddamned soon.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 29 Jan 2007, 22:21

Casey Kasem wrote: And now a dedication to a little horse named Barbaro

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZBRTDuWH1c
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 30 Jan 2007, 09:02

Man, you guys are cruel. While I agree that the media coverage of this has been ridiculous, it's hard to not feel bad for an animal dying like that. It's not his fault they made him race.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Jan 2007, 09:05

Theny wrote:It's not his fault they made him race.

True, but that doesn't make him a hero. It doesn't make him a fighter. It doesn't make him larger than life. It's not his fault they made him race, it's not the cow's fault it's being bred for ground beef, and it's not the mole's fault it was born in the vicinity of my yard. However that does not spare the animals from being (in order) overexposed, tasty, and fucknuts marked for death at my hands.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Jan 2007, 09:35

Maybe Im blind, but i dont really see the over-coverage. Maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks, espn.com or si.com would mention a surgery or something. You dont have to click on the story! You guys are just hatin.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Jan 2007, 09:40

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:You dont have to click on the story!

Not all news comes from the internet. It's hard to "not click" when it's on Sportscenter, or the local news, or the national news, etc. etc. etc. Thankfully NBC News last night saved their Barbaro ball-washing for the end of the show so I could just turn off the set. Barbaro was almost as over-exposed as Paris Hilton.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Jan 2007, 09:47

Frank the Tank wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:You dont have to click on the story!

Not all news comes from the internet. It's hard to "not click" when it's on Sportscenter, or the local news, or the national news, etc. etc. etc. Thankfully NBC News last night saved their Barbaro ball-washing for the end of the show so I could just turn off the set. Barbaro was almost as over-exposed as Paris Hilton.

I dont know.....I rarely see SC, dont watch the news ever. I have seen some updates locally, bc its a local horse, but i didnt get the feeling it was overkill, even in Philly.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports