Horse Racing

Re: Horse Racing

Postby PhillyJim76 » 08 May 2017, 12:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Can you even bet $1? I feel like every time I get up to the window to place a 1 or 2 dollar bet, i end up spending like $8 or something.

You are boxing it or something. If you bet a $1 and just a $1, it has to come in the exact order . Otherwise you are making multiple bets in theory. Sincerely, dirtball Jim who has been betting and drinking at racetracks since he was 16
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Goose » 08 May 2017, 13:22

Goose wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I will take "Irish War Cry," which i assume is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAST CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

I giggled.

I tee-heed.

Also, I'm going with Always Dreaming. Best horse in the most favorable position.

I know horsey sprots!

Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 May 2017, 13:45

PhillyJim76 wrote:

Can you even bet $1? I feel like every time I get up to the window to place a 1 or 2 dollar bet, i end up spending like $8 or something.

You are boxing it or something. If you bet a $1 and just a $1, it has to come in the exact order . Otherwise you are making multiple bets in theory. Sincerely, dirtball Jim who has been betting and drinking at racetracks since he was 16

Yup. Boxing the trifecta costs 6x your bet amount. Boxing the superfecta costs 24x your bet amount. Wheeling the exacta costs (2 times (the number of horses minus one)) times your bet amount.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby PhillyJim76 » 08 May 2017, 13:58

Frank the Tank wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:

Yup. Boxing the trifecta costs 6x your bet amount. Boxing the superfecta costs 24x your bet amount. Wheeling the exacta costs (2 times (the number of horses minus one)) times your bet amount.

FTT back in the day me and my boys would chip in, bet trifecta / exacta combos on races w few horses. Our favorite was when there was one favorite and a bunch of long shots. We'd have the favorite finishing second. Always paid for our beers when it hit.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby chrisco » 20 May 2017, 21:23

I picked Cloud Computing today because I was heading over to a friend's place who is an IT guy and it seemed like a decent coinkydink before heading out the door.

Kid B watched the race with my Ma and was over the moon when the horse came in. No one is telling him that was completely random, and that I've prolly not picked a stakes winner in 5 years.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Previous

Return to Other Sports