Olympics

Postby mister bacon » 16 Feb 2006, 20:18

Montecore's Revenge wrote:Interesting story linked on Drudge this morning.

http://newsbusters.org/node/4057

As far as I'm concerned, Gumbel can say whatever he wants. More power to him.

But what would Gumbel's reaction be if someone made a similar, but opposite point about the NBA? I think the question answers itself.

How could someone make an opposite point about the NBA?
Wouldnt the opposite point be "the best athletes in the world arent in the NBA because there arent any white people"

First of all, thats not true there are plenty of white people in the NBA. I dont think its an accurate analogy.

I just think what he said was funny and to some degree kinda accurate. Dont worry though, you all still control the world. Bryant Gumbel making a comment itsnt going to change all that.. relax Mr. Limbaugh.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 16 Feb 2006, 20:30

mister bacon wrote:
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Interesting story linked on Drudge this morning.

http://newsbusters.org/node/4057

As far as I'm concerned, Gumbel can say whatever he wants. More power to him.

But what would Gumbel's reaction be if someone made a similar, but opposite point about the NBA? I think the question answers itself.

How could someone make an opposite point about the NBA?
Wouldnt the opposite point be "the best athletes in the world arent in the NBA because there arent any white people"

First of all, thats not true there are plenty of white people in the NBA. I dont think its an accurate analogy.

I just think what he said was funny and to some degree kinda accurate. Dont worry though, you all still control the world. Bryant Gumbel making a comment itsnt going to change all that.. relax Mr. Limbaugh.

Yes, I'm just like Rush Limbaugh. Exactly.

As I just said, he can say whatever he wants. I'm not objecting. But if somebody said, "I can't watch the NBA. It looks like an NAACP Convention," wouldn't he take some heat.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby mister bacon » 17 Feb 2006, 00:27

I think there is a subtantial difference between a politcal party, and a caucus whose soul purpose is to advance the interests of an ethnic group.

ETA: Unless your trying to claim that the GOP is like the NAACP for white people, in which case I'd agree.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 17 Feb 2006, 00:33

mister bacon wrote:I think there is a subtantial difference between a politcal party, and a caucus whose soul purpose is to advance the interests of an ethnic group.

His point was that (1) the Winter Olympics is too white / not black enough, which makes him not want to watch, and (2) the GOP, like the Winter Olympics, is all about whitey.

My point was that, if someone said: (1) the NBA is too black / not white enough, which makes him not want to watch, and (2) the (insert name of whatever predominantly black organization you want - which one is beside the point), like the NBA, is dominated by blacks. If someone said that, they would be taking a lot of heat from the MSM.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby mister bacon » 17 Feb 2006, 00:35

Montecore's Revenge wrote:My point was that, if someone said: (1) the NBA is too black / not white enough, which makes him not want to watch, and (2) the (insert name of whatever predominantly black organization you want - which one is beside the point), like the NBA, is dominated by blacks. If someone said that, they would be taking a lot of heat from the MSM.

That is because there isnt a long history of discrimination and bigotry directed toward white people in this country.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 17 Feb 2006, 00:37

mister bacon wrote:
Montecore's Revenge wrote:My point was that, if someone said: (1) the NBA is too black / not white enough, which makes him not want to watch, and (2) the (insert name of whatever predominantly black organization you want - which one is beside the point), like the NBA, is dominated by blacks. If someone said that, they would be taking a lot of heat from the MSM.

That is because there isnt a long history of discrimination and bigotry directed toward white people in this country.

Ok, so we're in agreement about the double-standard. Ok, good.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby mister bacon » 17 Feb 2006, 01:16

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

I live by the double standard every day. I would never claim that there isnt one... but while I get to make the occasional whitey joke, I also dont get the privledge of not being harrased on my way to law school functions i have been invited to by security at restaraunts.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mister bacon » 17 Feb 2006, 01:16

mister bacon wrote:

I live by the double standard every day. I would never claim that there isnt one... but while I get to make the occasional whitey joke, I also dont get the privledge of not being harrased on my way to law school functions i have been invited to by security at restaraunts.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 17 Feb 2006, 01:21

mister bacon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

All I'm saying is - both double-standards are wrong.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby bosux » 17 Feb 2006, 15:30

just pretend your visa checkcard just got stolen :lol: :

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5340282
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 17 Feb 2006, 15:36

mister bacon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Doesn't the very existence of the double standard mean that we have not reached equality? And if so, wouldn't that mean that both "sides" need to make concessions [i.e. give up their part of the double standard] in order to have progress?
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Feb 2006, 15:37

bosux191820042090 wrote:just pretend your visa checkcard just got stolen :lol: :

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5340282

aww, fall down go boom.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 17 Feb 2006, 15:45

I laughed. Fuck you, Lindsey Jacobellis. Fuck you right in the...ahh, never mind.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Feb 2006, 15:47

I didn't have a problem with her so much as Bode. She was just trying to make a buck, he was being a dick about it.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Re: Olympics

Postby PhillyJim76 » 17 Feb 2006, 15:48

Magnum wrote:Thought this deserved a thread. Looking forward to them. Go USA!

Let me ask the question to anyone who might know. Have the Olympics ALWAYS been geared towards women? Or is that just recently? They are unwatchable, in my opinion.

P.S. Magnum is still a rich, spoiled C-C-C-C-C-C-unt
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports