Olympics

Re: Olympics

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2018, 11:51

After one match each I was very impressed with the men’s curling team and incredibly disappointed in the women’s curling team. John Shuster really seems to have put some of his Olympic demons behind him. That new fitness regimen and new attitude led to some solid skip work against Korea. if he can keep throwing the last stones like that they’re a threat to make the semifinals. For the women though, echos of Sochi with Nina Roth having a horrible game. Hopefully it was just opening day Olympic nerves, but they’re a threat to go 0-9 if she can’t pull it together.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Goose » 14 Feb 2018, 12:58

Frank the Tank wrote:After one match each I was very impressed with the men’s curling team and incredibly disappointed in the women’s curling team. John Shuster really seems to have put some of his Olympic demons behind him. That new fitness regimen and new attitude led to some solid skip work against Korea. if he can keep throwing the last stones like that they’re a threat to make the semifinals. For the women though, echos of Sochi with Nina Roth having a horrible game. Hopefully it was just opening day Olympic nerves, but they’re a threat to go 0-9 if she can’t pull it together.

That's funny. I was thinking the exact same thing.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby jman » 14 Feb 2018, 14:42

If only they could get the hammer on the button more often #thatswhatshesaid

Also the greatest snowboarder in history just may be an asshole.

I'm legit surprised this didn't get more play leading up to the games considering all the other stuff going on, but I'm sure NBC couldn't say anything negative about the golden boy.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby TheWolf » 14 Feb 2018, 14:50

jman wrote:If only they could get the hammer on the button more often #thatswhatshesaid

I'm legit surprised this didn't get more play leading up to the games considering all the other stuff going on, but I'm sure NBC couldn't say anything negative about the golden boy.

No one knew about it before today. Not even Farva.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2018, 15:03

I just finished watching this morning's USA vs. Slovenia hockey game. We lost 3-2 in in OT which has a 3 on 3 sudden death format and then goes to penalty shots. It was clear from about 10 seconds into OT that this was not going to penalties. We looked like we've never played 3 on 3 before which is very likely since this team had 6 practices before their first game. I'm pretty sure that Goose's kids practice more than that each week.

The game started kinda slow until Team USA got into gear midway through the first. We looked fine for most of the second, and went into the break up 2-0.

Jordan Greenway looked nothing like the Jordan Greenway I've seen this year. He consistently established position in front of the net and was rewarded with a goal.

The end of the second started our slow descent which turned into a nose dive into the ground about 5 minutes into the third when Slovenia scored. After that it was just shitty hockey, especially in the defensive end. USA could not flip possession and the big Slovenian forwards just camped out in front of the net. The Jordan Greenway I saw in the third looked awfully familiar to me.

Slovenia pulled the keeper with just under 2 left and there was little doubt they were going to get the equalizer.

Our goalie looked fine. Our defense blows. Offense could use some sharpening up.

I am not optimistic.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby jman » 14 Feb 2018, 15:08

TheWolf wrote:
jman wrote:If only they could get the hammer on the button more often #thatswhatshesaid

He was too focused on the biathlon.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Feb 2018, 15:35

jman wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

He was too focused on the biathlon.

and claiming credit for my kids' sporting exploits, don't forget that one
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Feb 2018, 18:36

And spending a lot of time watching the Paddington franchise solo.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 15 Feb 2018, 09:23

Sure it wasn't a win against a powerhouse program like Slovenia, but Finland looked very sharp last night against Germany. We've got a couple of up and coming kids who put in work. I've been following Eeli Tolvanen since the middle of February and he looked great last night in the biggest game of his young career. 1 goal and 3 assists. This could be what we need to get over Sweden or OAR for yet another bronze.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Feb 2018, 11:06

Still too many mistakes from Team USA. Nina Roth’s squad did great against 2014 Bronze medalists Eve Muirhead and Team GBR but then missed a double takeout to send it to extra ends in the evening session, so they’re 1-2. The men played reasonably well against Italy but lost by one when the fucked up the third end and gave up five.

ED2D2E9E-EB85-4D2B-A13A-719079DE199D.png

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Feb 2018, 11:09

Maybe ARE country should try and develop ctz''s broach squad for 2022.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TheWolf » 15 Feb 2018, 11:11

For those of you who don't know who these people are, Google tells me they look like this...

Nina Roth:

Eve Muirhead:

"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Feb 2018, 11:35

I was gonna look up that Eve Muirhead lady after seeing her on the tv yesterday. She's a looker.

You know what I appreciate about the Olympics? When athletes like Shaun White and Mikaela Shiffrin (and Michael Phelps) are promoted as being great and they absolutely crush it on the field (or in the pool or on the slope, whatever) when their moment comes. It's ridiculously difficult to do that when the biggest moment of your sport comes only once every four years.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Feb 2018, 11:36

I'll take muirhead from her, please :corn:
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Feb 2018, 11:44

I am trying to quote my curling post from Sochi where I mentioned Team GB’s Eve Muirhead and Anna Sloan but the board won’t let me quote it without crashing for some fucked-up reason. So, here’s a link.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports