Olympics

Postby The Last Jet Fan » 10 Feb 2006, 14:13

i agree with bosux that the winter games are far more entertaining than the summer. While track is boring, speed skating is somehow very entertaining...

Maybe this year our skiiers will be sober enough to do some damage against the competition and not the orange fencing which lines the outside of the downhill course. haha, great interview bode~!
The Last Jet Fan
Farva's Driver

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Feb 2006, 14:17

The Last Jet Fan wrote:While track is boring, speed skating is somehow very entertaining...

It's funny that you mention that because I was having a conversation about this earlier today. I'm bored by Nascar, and a 400m dash puts me to sleep, but a 1,000m speedskating race is high drama. I'll probably watch every minute of speedskating they put on NBC.

TiVo is perfect for the Olympics. I've got one TiVo set to record everything show that'll feature curling, and I've got the HD DVR set to record all the coverage on NBC HD with the occasional Universal HD offering. Since there's a lot of stuff that I couldn't care less about (stories about some bobsledder's puppy, any sport with judges except the 70m and 90m ski jumps) six hours of coverage only take an hour or so to watch. A huge time saver.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 10 Feb 2006, 14:29

jesus you are a nerd, frank (it's a great idea...i think i'm going to do that too) :D
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Feb 2006, 17:46

I would just like to say that the disco tracks that they played during the parade of nations in the Opening Ceremony were inspired. Fantastic. Fuck all those bloggers who are tearing the music choices apart. Somebody needs to get all those songs into an iTunes playlist.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 11 Feb 2006, 17:52

For some reason, INHD2 has become Universal HD on my cable system. I'm not sure if this is just because of the Olympics, or if it will remain UHD post-Turin. This is an interesting development.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Scoring Machine » 11 Feb 2006, 18:31

I'm officially boycotting the Winter Olymics.

The Jamaican Bobsled team is not there due to a toughening to the times required to compete in the olympics.

That is complete bullshit. They allow a cross country skier from Ethopia that finishes 3 hours behind the winner but you can't let a bunch of Jamaicans go down the bobsled run?? Some 52 year old bitch is competing in the luge and THAT is OK?

This is all complete and utter bullshit.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 11 Feb 2006, 19:09

Scoring Machine wrote:I'm officially boycotting the Winter Olymics.

The Jamaican Bobsled team is not there due to a toughening to the times required to compete in the olympics.

That is complete bullshit. They allow a cross country skier from Ethopia that finishes 3 hours behind the winner but you can't let a bunch of Jamaicans go down the bobsled run?? Some 52 year old bitch is competing in the luge and THAT is OK?

What about that Iraqi woman (Read: Human interest story) who took like 30 seconds to run the 100? She may or may not have been wearing a burka at the time.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Scoring Machine » 11 Feb 2006, 19:37

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
Scoring Machine wrote:I'm officially boycotting the Winter Olymics.

What about that Iraqi woman (Read: Human interest story) who took like 30 seconds to run the 100? She may or may not have been wearing a burka at the time.

My point exactly!!! If we get all these other human interest stories, why not the Jamaicans??

When I was in Jamaica like three months ago at the Montego Bay Airport they had a bobsled there looking for sponsors to help their olympic program. In the future I might have to help.

Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 11 Feb 2006, 19:53

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106611/

Stop living in the past Machine. That happened over a decade ago.
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Scoring Machine » 11 Feb 2006, 20:18

[quote="bostonredsox1002"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106611/

Stop living in the past Machine. That happened over a decade ago.[/quote

Wow, that's pretty weak. Do you actually have an argument?

I just don't see why Jamaicans can't bobsled if Ethopians cross country ski or elderly women luge. Go hang out with a Jamaican for five minutes and tell me you don't want to see them bobsledding.

Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Feb 2006, 10:37

Is anyone else happy that Bode Miller didn't medal in the Downhill? I mean, I realize he's an American and all, but after hearing about that jack ass nonstop for two weeks leading up to the Olympics, I was somewhat happy to see him suck.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Feb 2006, 10:41

Briandean79 wrote:Is anyone else happy that Bode Miller didn't medal in the Downhill? I mean, I realize he's an American and all, but after hearing about that jack ass nonstop for two weeks leading up to the Olympics, I was somewhat happy to see him suck.

I said that exact same thing to Mrs. Tank. Seeing Rahlves medal would have been nice, but I've long thought Bode's a jerk.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Feb 2006, 10:48

Frank the Tank wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:Is anyone else happy that Bode Miller didn't medal in the Downhill? I mean, I realize he's an American and all, but after hearing about that jack ass nonstop for two weeks leading up to the Olympics, I was somewhat happy to see him suck.

I said that exact same thing to Mrs. Tank. Seeing Rahlves medal would have been nice, but I've long thought Bode's a jerk.

It was very much like seeing Gary Hall Jr. fuck up at the summer olympics in 2000. He was so obnoxious that i was almost glad that the russian rocket (who's name i forget) beat him in the 50 free.

ETA - the russian rocket's name is Aleksandr Popov. He was a bad ass.
Last edited by SouthernYokel on 13 Feb 2006, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby God Shamgod » 13 Feb 2006, 12:44

We bounced defending champ Norway in curling. Where does this rate on the upset scale?

Not only was I rooting against Bode Miller, I was hoping to see him crash badly. Wilbon is going to be all over him on PTI today.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Colonel Angus » 13 Feb 2006, 14:10

SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

It was very much like seeing Gary Hall Jr. fuck up at the summer olympics in 2000. He was so obnoxious that i was almost glad that the russian rocket (who's name i forget) beat him in the 50 free.

ETA - the russian rocket's name is Aleksandr Popov. He was a bad ass.

National pride aside, it is tough to root against someone named after vodka.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports