Olympics

Re: Olympics

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 17:37

Frank the Tank wrote:Olympic bidding for 2024 down to just two cities as candidates drop like flies. Second Olympics in a row. Maybe it has something to do with how they keep getting more expensive and frequently the venues just lie in ruins as little as six months after the games.

They mention that they might award both the 2024 and 2028 games at the same time. If there's no formal bidding process, is that their way of just giving both LA and Paris Olympics assuming one is willing to wait an extra four years? That would certainly signal that the IOC is giving up hope on Olympic prestige recovering any time soon.

only one man can save them

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mj3528 » 22 Feb 2017, 17:39

mister bacon wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Olympic bidding for 2024 down to just two cities as candidates drop like flies. Second Olympics in a row. Maybe it has something to do with how they keep getting more expensive and frequently the venues just lie in ruins as little as six months after the games.

They mention that they might award both the 2024 and 2028 games at the same time. If there's no formal bidding process, is that their way of just giving both LA and Paris Olympics assuming one is willing to wait an extra four years? That would certainly signal that the IOC is giving up hope on Olympic prestige recovering any time soon.

Just go to a 4 city rotation of L.A., London, Paris and Sydney. Done.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JT99 » 22 Feb 2017, 18:22

mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

So close, we were looking for New York, London, Paris, and Munich so we could talk about Pop Muzik
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Feb 2017, 18:25

JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

So close, we were looking for New York, London, Paris, and Munich so we could talk about Pop Muzik

All you non-NATO countries can eat a dick!
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 18:31

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

All you non-NATO countries can eat a dick!

swap out Paris for Bejing

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 19:04

Those chinamen really put on a show, i am a big fan of their displays of dominance.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JT99 » 22 Feb 2017, 19:06

SouthernYokel wrote:Those chinamen really put on a show, i am a big fan of their displays of dominance.

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Feb 2017, 19:08

SouthernYokel wrote:Those chinamen really put on a show, i am a big fan of their displays of dominance.

I am also a big fan of how they have a pretty girl lip sync for a more talented ugly girl, when both of them are 9.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Feb 2017, 19:10

JT gets a gold star for putting cromulent Pop Muzik and 30 Rock references on the same page. He has avoided banning for one more day.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 19:13

they gave the world gunpowder and general tso's. they deserve to talk sum shit.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 19:17

mister bacon wrote:

General tso is American food son. But fireworks are enough for an olympic turn in my book
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 19:30

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

General tso is American food son. But fireworks are enough for an olympic turn in my book

i know you're right but because those who invented and made it popular were 1st gen i think china should get credit for that. if you wont budge then give it to them for dumplings.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 19:32

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

i know you're right but because those who invented and made it popular were 1st gen i think china should get credit for that. if you wont budge then give it to them for dumplings.

Shit i aint giving nuclear power to germany (or italy, pour 1 out for enrico) either
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Feb 2017, 22:10

Dem Chinamen put too much peepee in the Coke.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 22:21

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Shit i aint giving nuclear power to germany (or italy, pour 1 out for enrico) either

we get credit for the german jews for obvious reasons.

edit: and gays too.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports