Golf

Re: Golf

Postby chrisco » 11 Oct 2017, 16:12

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Theny wrote:I think weekly lessons would be better for your game. A school like that would likely jam too much info into your head in too short a time.

That is a good point. My friends even explaining basic swing adjustments tend to fuck me up for the next couple holes.

Still if I am heading somewhere warm just to get platinum airline status, I do need some sort of a story to sell the missus. When I did it a couple years ago it was an overnight to Miami to meet with a business partner down there that didn't need to see me. I'm not sure just going to Arizona (or wherever) to play some golf is good enough.

Blockchain conference in Tucson. Internet of things. Machine Learning. Data Mining. Conference includes a golf camp.

Blockchain conference in Hong Kong did cross my mind, but those things are generally hella expensive when you are not showing up on an exhibitor pass you got for free.

#s - what is expensive? Does it get cheaper if I look outside the US? Let's remember, I suck at golf and don't need a really great pro giving me lessons. Anyone in the DR, Mexico, insert Delta destination here will do.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 11 Oct 2017, 16:14

chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Theny wrote:I think weekly lessons would be better for your game. A school like that would likely jam too much info into your head in too short a time.

That is a good point. My friends even explaining basic swing adjustments tend to fuck me up for the next couple holes.

Still if I am heading somewhere warm just to get platinum airline status, I do need some sort of a story to sell the missus. When I did it a couple years ago it was an overnight to Miami to meet with a business partner down there that didn't need to see me. I'm not sure just going to Arizona (or wherever) to play some golf is good enough.

Blockchain conference in Tucson. Internet of things. Machine Learning. Data Mining. Conference includes a golf camp.

Blockchain conference in Hong Kong did cross my mind, but those things are generally hella expensive when you are not showing up on an exhibitor pass you got for free.

#s - what is expensive? Does it get cheaper if I look outside the US? Let's remember, I suck at golf and don't need a really great pro giving me lessons. Anyone in the DR, Mexico, insert Delta destination here will do.

What about sailing or tennis? Because honestly fuck Arizona, go sailing in Puerto Vallarta.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 11 Oct 2017, 16:23

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

What about sailing or tennis? Because honestly fuck Arizona, go sailing in Puerto Vallarta.

this looks good 'sco. A 3 day golf school in December would run you about $1,100

https://jacobsgolf.com/legend-trail-golf-club/#

This would cost you $1400 for a 3-day school:

http://www.pgatourexperiences.com/tour-academies/golf-schools/
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Oct 2017, 18:12

the golf schools at Reynolds Plantation in Georgia are supposed to be excellent, as are the ones at Sea Island, GA. neither gets you enough miles doe.

Dave Peltz runs short game schools which may be more helpful than a full game golf school. He does them in several locations in the US and Europe.

tank and I can both speak highly about the one day golf school at Kapalua (hi fletch!), which is a morning of instruction, lunch, and playing a round in the afternoon on one of the two courses. they also have multi day schools. not cheap.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 18 Oct 2017, 13:39

Spent some time at the Fresh Meadows Pitch N Putt today.

Pros: I figured out how to really loft a wedge and managed to cut down on the number of times my ball lands on the green then hard bounces another 30 feet into the rough.

Cons: Putting. Just absolutely horrendous. I 3 putted both balls the first 5 holes.

I seriously love this place. I was out on my own playing two balls a hole. Everything went to shit for me, and I saw that I was creeping up on a terrible foursome which I'd have to wait on. There was an old couple and an old guy solo on the two holes behind me. Instead of waiting, I decided to stop scoring and replayed holes 5-11, then finished my round once everyone cleared out.

If I ever grow up and play real golf, I'll have sadz for turning my back on this little bandbox of a course.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby bosux » 18 Oct 2017, 15:13

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

fuck arizona but go to mexico...ok
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby the cheese » 18 Oct 2017, 15:50

bosux wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

water and sand > sand

therefore

Mexico > Arizona

it's science.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby bosux » 18 Oct 2017, 20:16

the cheese wrote:
bosux wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

water and sand > sand

therefore

Mexico > Arizona

it's science.

not when that water and sand is in a 3rd world nation in which 75% of the liquor is tainted
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby the cheese » 18 Oct 2017, 21:28

bosux wrote:
the cheese wrote:
bosux wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

water and sand > sand

therefore

Mexico > Arizona

it's science.

not when that water and sand is in a 3rd world nation in which 75% of the liquor is tainted

That's racist and not true.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 19 Oct 2017, 05:52

the cheese wrote:
bosux wrote:
the cheese wrote:
bosux wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

water and sand > sand

therefore

Mexico > Arizona

it's science.

That's racist and not true.

I dunno about racist, but it's definitely not true. All the liquor is tainted as well as all that water in the "water and sand > sand" equation
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 Oct 2017, 20:56

Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JT99 » 19 Oct 2017, 23:34

Guess that they can use that tee box next season
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Theny » 20 Oct 2017, 04:56

I enjoyed that.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby chrisco » 23 Oct 2017, 15:39

Shot 119 on Ponkapoag 1 today. I can reliably use a fairway driver, a 4 iron and a pitching wedge. Everything else is a crap shoot. Had some good shots, a lot of shit ones and my putting remains a disaster. It felt good to get out there though. Enjoyed. Will golf again.

Next step, buying clubs.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Oct 2017, 17:54

chrisco wrote:Next step, buying clubs.

what's your budget?
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports