Golf

Re: Golf

Postby babylurch » 03 Oct 2017, 15:13

Rodney Farva wrote:finally broke 100 at farva cc. didn't strike the ball all that well but kept blow ups to a minimum. great weather, walked 18 without having a heart attack or anything. good times!

What is the sweat report?
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Oct 2017, 18:28

babylurch wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:finally broke 100 at farva cc. didn't strike the ball all that well but kept blow ups to a minimum. great weather, walked 18 without having a heart attack or anything. good times!

What is the sweat report?

started at 8am and it was in the mid 50s. i had on a golf shirt and a pullover. as we played it got a little warmer, into the low to mid 60s. took the pullover off around the 12th hole. i was sweaty, along the lines of what a normal human would be if the temp was in the low 80s but nothing like my usual levels.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 06 Oct 2017, 11:49

played again this morning, first one out and on my own. got around walking in 3 hours flat. played better but didn't score as well, had a 103. one of the groundskeepers (old white dude) told me to have a blessed day.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby babylurch » 06 Oct 2017, 15:15

Rodney Farva wrote:played again this morning, first one out and on my own. got around walking in 3 hours flat. played better but didn't score as well, had a 103. one of the groundskeepers (old white dude) told me to have a blessed day.

Wow, rare from a whitey...

I enjoy playing with myself first thing in the morning, but I think that I would be done in less than 3 hours.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Rodney Farva » 06 Oct 2017, 15:37

[quote=“babylurch”]I think that I would be done in less than 3 hours.[/quote]

hilly course and I’m a fat tub o’ goo. with a cart I could probably do it in 2:30, maybe less
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 06 Oct 2017, 16:10

Rodney Farva wrote:[quote=“babylurch”]I think that I would be done in less than 3 hours.

hilly course and I’m a fat tub o’ goo. with a cart I could probably do it in 2:30, maybe less[/quote]

Psssst, Farva. That was a maturation joke.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Theny » 06 Oct 2017, 17:21

I've always wanted to be first one out in the morning, that would be great.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby TheWolf » 06 Oct 2017, 21:07

TheWolf wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:[quote=“babylurch”]I think that I would be done in less than 3 hours.

hilly course and I’m a fat tub o’ goo. with a cart I could probably do it in 2:30, maybe less

Psssst, Farva. That was a maturation joke.[/quote]

:lol: masturbation
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 10 Oct 2017, 08:39

Had the client golf tournament yesterday, played with a trio of dudes I had worked with but never met face to face before, which was nice. Played at the home of the Club Special, the greatest drink that none of you people had ever heard of, apparently. Played like actual dogshit for the first six, but caught fire late.

With three holes to go I probably had the best stretch of scramble golf of my life.

Hole 9, 425 dogleg left, I'm the only one in play, 175 out behind a big oak tree, can't see the green. Worst place to hit on the whole damn hole, because the only options you have are punch out or try to go straight over the tree, which is maybe 30 yards in front of us. I go first and hit the most perfect 6 iron I've ever hit to five feet out. I cleared the tree and made it stop on the green, which I never do. I put out for my own birdie.

Hole 10, 275 dogleg right, stand of trees blocking a fairly small green that is ringed by sand. Play bogged down so my boss's group comes right behind us. The idiots I'm with are like, try to drive the green! Which shouldn't be hard, but it's a small green, I'm not the most consistent player, and my fucking boss, who is scratch and really cares about golf is right there. Fuck it. I hit a great drive that ends up 10 yards long down a hill. I pitch in for eagle.

Me, at this point:

Hole 11, 185 par 3. I stick a 6 iron to three feet, put in for birdie. I win closest to the pin. Prize, a Scotty Cameron.

We end up shooting 69 and winning B flight (We were bad).
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Oct 2017, 12:21

had the first tee time of the day, 8:02. come in to see they’re prepping for a tournament with a 9:00 shotgun start with teams from a bunch of other clubs see the pro, ask if it will work, and he tells me not a problem as they’re starting from 1 backwards and will all be behind me (I still don’t quite know what that meant). the guy who was paired up to play with me was a no-show but a guy who I’ve played with before who’s really nice was booked for 8:10 so he joins me.

we get through 7 holes and at the 8th tee find the back end of the tournament field. They’re playing foursome plus a pro in each group in some weird pro-am format (pro plays his ball for the entire hole while the other four play some variation on a scramble but can use the pro’s drive twice and some other weird shit. could see the course ahead of them was a parking lot and they would take all day, so we walked in and left.

bummer.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 11 Oct 2017, 15:49

I'll join Rod in the old retired guy golf story category...

Went out to the pitch and putt this afternoon. Par 57. Played two balls, gave the low score to player 1 (61) and the high score to player 2 (74). Somewhere on the back nine I started playing a third balls because the course was empty and why not. I ended up cherry picking that and using it when one of the first two sucked. So sco story short, I have no idea what I really scored.

Getting a lot better with my short wedge shot. Putting sucked.

I'm looking to manufacture a trip between now and the end of the year to get to platinum on Delta and get out of the house. Was thinking of doing a golf school for a coupla 3 days. I've literally put no research into this thought other than it needs to be like 4500-5000 miles round trip from NYC so I can hit the platinum mileage target...so Arizona ? Iono.

Anyone have any thoughts about this great scheme of mine? I assume if I did it then I'd go in early December, then do some golfing in Hawaii in Jan.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Theny » 11 Oct 2017, 15:55

I think weekly lessons would be better for your game. A school like that would likely jam too much info into your head in too short a time.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby chrisco » 11 Oct 2017, 16:00

Theny wrote:I think weekly lessons would be better for your game. A school like that would likely jam too much info into your head in too short a time.

That is a good point. My friends even explaining basic swing adjustments tend to fuck me up for the next couple holes.

Still if I am heading somewhere warm just to get platinum airline status, I do need some sort of a story to sell the missus. When I did it a couple years ago it was an overnight to Miami to meet with a business partner down there that didn't need to see me. I'm not sure just going to Arizona (or wherever) to play some golf is good enough.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 11 Oct 2017, 16:01

chrisco wrote:
Theny wrote:I think weekly lessons would be better for your game. A school like that would likely jam too much info into your head in too short a time.

That is a good point. My friends even explaining basic swing adjustments tend to fuck me up for the next couple holes.

Still if I am heading somewhere warm just to get platinum airline status, I do need some sort of a story to sell the missus. When I did it a couple years ago it was an overnight to Miami to meet with a business partner down there that didn't need to see me. I'm not sure just going to Arizona (or wherever) to play some golf is good enough.

Just find one that gives you lessons in the morning, and you play in the afternoon, preferably with a teacher. This will not be cheap.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 11 Oct 2017, 16:08

chrisco wrote:

Blockchain conference in Tucson. Internet of things. Machine Learning. Data Mining. Conference includes a golf camp.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports