Golf

Re: Golf

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 May 2017, 12:07

that sounded like a lot of fun. nice to mix the formats.

i'm worried about you spending so much time out in the sun, flesh, you're not the most pigmented gentleman.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 May 2017, 12:11

Rodney Farva wrote:that sounded like a lot of fun. nice to mix the formats.

i'm worried about you spending so much time out in the sun, flesh, you're not the most pigmented gentleman.

SPF 50 ftw
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 02 May 2017, 09:35

CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 am: Flesh can you make a golf weekend recap post?

My buddy came by after work Thursday and we loaded up the vehicle and headed down to Hilton Head. Traffic wasn't bad. Stopped at Bojangles for some dinner on the way. Got down there about 8:30 and shot the shit/watched the draft with most of the rest of the gang (20 golfers total).

Friday: Played Palmetto Dunes Arthur Hills course. Best Ball format--my partner and I lost our match with 2 holes to play. Our team (Ryder Cup format) was down after the first day of matches. The guy I was paired with is not a golfer at all but he dresses the part. He wore a blue shirt, orange shorts, and matching blue/orange shoes. I kid you not. It's quite the scene. Went out to beach with my buddy before everyone else came out and hung out there most of the rest of the afternoon. We played a game called Tidal Ball most of the time. It's basically cornhole on the beach. Good way to pass the time--highly recommend it. Drank a bunch of beers out there--lost count. Went out to dinner that night at a place called Frankie Bones. Got the lobster mac/cheese--very tasty. One pound of lobster and they garnish each side of the dish with the head and tail of the lobster. Nice presentation. :gay: One of our guys (older guy--mid 50s) was shwasted at dinner. Kept ordering Yeunglings and baskets of bread. Couple flirty middle-aged waitresses working our group were great.

Saturday: Played at Oyster Reef. Format was head to head. Got down 4 early because I couldn't do anything right. Won the 8th hole and then proceeded to win 6 straight holes on the back. Won closest to the pin on the back 9 par-3 with a tee shot to about 4 feet. Made the birdie putt! Won my match 1 up. Our team was down after two days though. Disclaimer--never ever play at Oyster Reef if you're ever in HH. The rangers were douchebags and claimed we were playing at a 5 hour pace on hole 14. We finished in 4:30. Fuckface assholes made us rush through their signature hole (Par 3 15th overlooking the ocean) by having a guy sit there while we teed off. Never ever playing there again. Went to lunch at Skull Creek Boathouse. Had the shrimp and grits for lunchie munchie. Paired it with a tall Yeungling. Went back to the condos and headed out to the beach again for a few more hours of Tidal Ball, music, and just hanging out. Before sundown we decided to do a one club competition at the hole behind our condos--$5 per man. Went with an 8-iron and hit three good shots to greenside and almost chipped in for a 4. Ended up tying another guy with a 6 and we went to a chip-off. Won after the 3rd go-round! Added a little more money to the weekend stash. Went back to the condos and grilled out. One of the guys brought a pony keg of home brewed Irish stout. Not my favorite but appreciated the effort.

Sunday: Played at Palmetto Dunes Robert Trent Jones course. Format was 2-man scramble. We lost our match in a rout. One of the guys we played against is a scratch golfer--he shot 75/76 the first two days and his team on Sunday shot a 1-under for the round. We never had a chance. They won 6&5. I made a couple nice up-and-downs and almost holed out an eagle chip. Other team won the overall team competition for the weekend. Back home last night around 8pm. I'm exhausted today.

TL;DR version--not much in the way of antics and a bunch of golf stuff. Glad we've switched from Myrtle to HH--feels more like a vacation than a golf trip.

Nice write up. Sorry about Oyster Reef. I had a feeling that would not have been as fun. The Robert Trent Jones Course is one of my favorites.

I have eaten at Skull Creek Boat House before. Food is pretty good and not that expensive for the Island.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 May 2017, 09:42

mj3528 wrote:Nice write up. Sorry about Oyster Reef. I had a feeling that would not have been as fun. The Robert Trent Jones Course is one of my favorites.

I have eaten at Skull Creek Boat House before. Food is pretty good and not that expensive for the Island.

Thanks! Oyster Reef wasn't a bad course--but they were dicks from the get-go. Big fan of RTJ. The starter and everyone who worked there was pleasant and thanked us multiple times for playing there. If you get golfers from out of town coming to your course you'd want the course to appreciate your business at a minimum.

Skull Creek's food was really good. I'm sure we'll be back there in future years.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby God Shamgod » 07 May 2017, 20:29

John Daly won on the Champions Tour.

So you're telling me there is hope for Tiger in 9 years /prez

ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby mj3528 » 07 May 2017, 21:31

I played in a tournament with friends today. I scored poorly. However, the Country Club we played at had those tape measure devices to measure closest to the pin. On one par 3 I hit it to 4 feet and 1 inch. Sank the putt to win closest to the pin and a skin. $30 for each.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 May 2017, 17:57

Nice ace on 17 by Sergio.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 May 2017, 13:38

Thenys a savage for attacking Greeney on twitter over using Taylor Made.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mj3528 » 18 May 2017, 13:40

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Thenys a savage for attacking Greeney on twitter over using Taylor Made.

I don't understand theny's taylormade hate. They have made the best driver for the last 15 years.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 May 2017, 13:45

mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Thenys a savage for attacking Greeney on twitter over using Taylor Made.

I don't understand theny's taylormade hate. They have made the best driver for the last 15 years.

he is correct that the white clubhead is obnoxious looking
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 18 May 2017, 15:56

SouthernYokel wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Yes, the white head was a hill too far for me.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby TheWolf » 18 May 2017, 16:03

I didn't know this was a thing. The color of Taylor Made drivers bothers people?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 18 May 2017, 16:19

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Yes, the white head was a hill too far for me.

that is too much for you, and if it looked like this you would be fine?:

OK
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 18 May 2017, 16:22

We were referring to the all white heads they had a few years back. Those are fine, looks wise.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 18 May 2017, 16:36

Theny wrote:We were referring to the all white heads they had a few years back. Those are fine, looks wise.

Ok, but I still don't think a man that drinks shandys would have an issue with these:

mj3528
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports