Golf

Re: Golf

Postby TheWolf » 11 Feb 2017, 09:48

I'd be happy to see him finish a tournament right now. Sad!
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18399
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Golf

Postby Prez » 11 Feb 2017, 10:00

TheWolf wrote:I'd be happy to see him finish a tournament right now. Sad!


Image
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10002
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Golf

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Feb 2017, 11:27

Hey RF, come on over!

Recap of this weekend's golf trip to Pinehurst:

Friday: Played at Hyland Golf Club in Pinehurst. Ok course--not on par with the other courses in the area, but a nice course to get our weekend started. Played our own ball there--shot 101. Weather was perfect--80 degrees and sunny. Went over to #2 and had drinks at the clubhouse. There's a new pub there called The Deuce. They had this barrel aged cherry vanilla bourbon they make on site. Fantastic manhattan drink they offer. One of the guys bought a round for the group (12 of us). BSD.

Saturday: Played at Pine Needles. Course is in good shape for mid-winter. Fairways aren't filled in yet but the greens are in spectacular shape. Donald Ross design so if you're not near the pin everything runs off. Resorted to putting from off the green because the lies around the greens were so tight. My buddy and I shot 88 (2 man scramble) and finished in last place of our 6 groups. Winning team shot 77. Couldn't chip for shit and driver fell apart. We went back to #2 for another one of those drinks. Tasty. Weather was great--upper 70s but kinda windy.

Sunday: Played at Tobacco Road. LOVE this course. Foursome I was in decided to do 2 man scramble again. We shot an 83. We had a birdie on the front and another on the back--the one on the back was on my own. Hit my tee shot to 4 feet and made the putt. First birdie I've had in my 10 or so rounds at that course. Lot of blind shots there so you have to know your distances pretty well. Weather was still pretty good--low 60s.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Golf

Postby Rodney Farva » 27 Feb 2017, 11:47

i hadn't heard of hyland, but pine needles and tobacco road have been on my wish list for a while. good going!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24978
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Golf

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Mar 2017, 01:39

the proposed changes to the rules look pretty good and surprisingly sensible.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24978
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Golf

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Mar 2017, 20:39

Rodney Farva wrote:the proposed changes to the rules look pretty good and surprisingly sensible.


Agree wholeheartedly. I didn't think golf had this in it. Way overdue. Kudos USGA/R&A.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31557
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Golf

Postby Big Scary Monster » 14 Mar 2017, 14:17

I was in Las Vegas for a conference a couple of weeks back. On the first day, we played TPC Summerlin. It was a very overcast and rainy day, but the course was very nice. As you would expect, Sheldon Adelson's house on the course is enormous. It's so big that you play around it on multiple holes. My boss got an eagle on a par 5. The next day we played Cascata which is in Boulder City and originally built by the Caesar's Palace folks. Its tucked up in the mountains so every hole is either very much uphill or very much downhill. Each hole is separated from every other hole giving some amazing views.
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
User avatar
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: 11 Nov 2004, 12:55
Location: interrupting...

Re: Golf

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Apr 2017, 17:44

Lexi Thompsons snitch speaks.

http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/2017/04/ ... i-thompson

Just kidding. It's Rick Reilly writing his particular brand of satire. Bill Simmons is keeping tabs on RR's work. "That was an excellent piece."
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31050
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Golf

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Apr 2017, 09:22

Image

Image
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31133
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Golf

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Apr 2017, 09:25

#Diddle
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18370
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Golf

Postby TheWolf » 27 Apr 2017, 09:33

Briandong79 wrote:Image

Image


Stay classy, Grayson Murray. That was funny, and accurate.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18399
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Golf

Postby Rodney Farva » 29 Apr 2017, 09:12

played for the first time in ages and first time with the new irons. 99 on a tough course i usually shoot 105-110, 4 pars. loved the new sticks. putted well. inconsistent chipping. a few messed up holes but was pretty pleased.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24978
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Golf

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 May 2017, 11:10

BostonSucksMyBalls - Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 am: Flesh can you make a golf weekend recap post?

My buddy came by after work Thursday and we loaded up the vehicle and headed down to Hilton Head. Traffic wasn't bad. Stopped at Bojangles for some dinner on the way. Got down there about 8:30 and shot the shit/watched the draft with most of the rest of the gang (20 golfers total).

Friday: Played Palmetto Dunes Arthur Hills course. Best Ball format--my partner and I lost our match with 2 holes to play. Our team (Ryder Cup format) was down after the first day of matches. The guy I was paired with is not a golfer at all but he dresses the part. He wore a blue shirt, orange shorts, and matching blue/orange shoes. I kid you not. It's quite the scene. Went out to beach with my buddy before everyone else came out and hung out there most of the rest of the afternoon. We played a game called Tidal Ball most of the time. It's basically cornhole on the beach. Good way to pass the time--highly recommend it. Drank a bunch of beers out there--lost count. Went out to dinner that night at a place called Frankie Bones. Got the lobster mac/cheese--very tasty. One pound of lobster and they garnish each side of the dish with the head and tail of the lobster. Nice presentation. :gay: One of our guys (older guy--mid 50s) was shwasted at dinner. Kept ordering Yeunglings and baskets of bread. Couple flirty middle-aged waitresses working our group were great.

Saturday: Played at Oyster Reef. Format was head to head. Got down 4 early because I couldn't do anything right. Won the 8th hole and then proceeded to win 6 straight holes on the back. Won closest to the pin on the back 9 par-3 with a tee shot to about 4 feet. Made the birdie putt! Won my match 1 up. Our team was down after two days though. Disclaimer--never ever play at Oyster Reef if you're ever in HH. The rangers were douchebags and claimed we were playing at a 5 hour pace on hole 14. We finished in 4:30. Fuckface assholes made us rush through their signature hole (Par 3 15th overlooking the ocean) by having a guy sit there while we teed off. Never ever playing there again. Went to lunch at Skull Creek Boathouse. Had the shrimp and grits for lunchie munchie. Paired it with a tall Yeungling. Went back to the condos and headed out to the beach again for a few more hours of Tidal Ball, music, and just hanging out. Before sundown we decided to do a one club competition at the hole behind our condos--$5 per man. Went with an 8-iron and hit three good shots to greenside and almost chipped in for a 4. Ended up tying another guy with a 6 and we went to a chip-off. Won after the 3rd go-round! Added a little more money to the weekend stash. Went back to the condos and grilled out. One of the guys brought a pony keg of home brewed Irish stout. Not my favorite but appreciated the effort.

Sunday: Played at Palmetto Dunes Robert Trent Jones course. Format was 2-man scramble. We lost our match in a rout. One of the guys we played against is a scratch golfer--he shot 75/76 the first two days and his team on Sunday shot a 1-under for the round. We never had a chance. They won 6&5. I made a couple nice up-and-downs and almost holed out an eagle chip. Other team won the overall team competition for the weekend. Back home last night around 8pm. I'm exhausted today.

TL;DR version--not much in the way of antics and a bunch of golf stuff. Glad we've switched from Myrtle to HH--feels more like a vacation than a golf trip.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Golf

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 May 2017, 11:17

CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 am: Flesh can you make a golf weekend recap post?

My buddy came by after work Thursday and we loaded up the vehicle and headed down to Hilton Head. Traffic wasn't bad. Stopped at Bojangles for some dinner on the way. Got down there about 8:30 and shot the shit/watched the draft with most of the rest of the gang (20 golfers total).

Friday: Played Palmetto Dunes Arthur Hills course. Best Ball format--my partner and I lost our match with 2 holes to play. Our team (Ryder Cup format) was down after the first day of matches. The guy I was paired with is not a golfer at all but he dresses the part. He wore a blue shirt, orange shorts, and matching blue/orange shoes. I kid you not. It's quite the scene. Went out to beach with my buddy before everyone else came out and hung out there most of the rest of the afternoon. We played a game called Tidal Ball most of the time. It's basically cornhole on the beach. Good way to pass the time--highly recommend it. Drank a bunch of beers out there--lost count. Went out to dinner that night at a place called Frankie Bones. Got the lobster mac/cheese--very tasty. One pound of lobster and they garnish each side of the dish with the head and tail of the lobster. Nice presentation. :gay: One of our guys (older guy--mid 50s) was shwasted at dinner. Kept ordering Yeunglings and baskets of bread. Couple flirty middle-aged waitresses working our group were great.

Saturday: Played at Oyster Reef. Format was head to head. Got down 4 early because I couldn't do anything right. Won the 8th hole and then proceeded to win 6 straight holes on the back. Won closest to the pin on the back 9 par-3 with a tee shot to about 4 feet. Made the birdie putt! Won my match 1 up. Our team was down after two days though. Disclaimer--never ever play at Oyster Reef if you're ever in HH. The rangers were douchebags and claimed we were playing at a 5 hour pace on hole 14. We finished in 4:30. Fuckface assholes made us rush through their signature hole (Par 3 15th overlooking the ocean) by having a guy sit there while we teed off. Never ever playing there again. Went to lunch at Skull Creek Boathouse. Had the shrimp and grits for lunchie munchie. Paired it with a tall Yeungling. Went back to the condos and headed out to the beach again for a few more hours of Tidal Ball, music, and just hanging out. Before sundown we decided to do a one club competition at the hole behind our condos--$5 per man. Went with an 8-iron and hit three good shots to greenside and almost chipped in for a 4. Ended up tying another guy with a 6 and we went to a chip-off. Won after the 3rd go-round! Added a little more money to the weekend stash. Went back to the condos and grilled out. One of the guys brought a pony keg of home brewed Irish stout. Not my favorite but appreciated the effort.

Sunday: Played at Palmetto Dunes Robert Trent Jones course. Format was 2-man scramble. We lost our match in a rout. One of the guys we played against is a scratch golfer--he shot 75/76 the first two days and his team on Sunday shot a 1-under for the round. We never had a chance. They won 6&5. I made a couple nice up-and-downs and almost holed out an eagle chip. Other team won the overall team competition for the weekend. Back home last night around 8pm. I'm exhausted today.

TL;DR version--not much in the way of antics and a bunch of golf stuff. Glad we've switched from Myrtle to HH--feels more like a vacation than a golf trip.


That sounds like a nice time!

What time was you teein off?

Re: the course rangers - I dont like that either. But sometimes when I play with certain people, it takes fucking forever. I like a nudge at times.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31050
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Golf

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 May 2017, 11:20

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Mon May 01, 2017 11:43 am: Flesh can you make a golf weekend recap post?

My buddy came by after work Thursday and we loaded up the vehicle and headed down to Hilton Head. Traffic wasn't bad. Stopped at Bojangles for some dinner on the way. Got down there about 8:30 and shot the shit/watched the draft with most of the rest of the gang (20 golfers total).

Friday: Played Palmetto Dunes Arthur Hills course. Best Ball format--my partner and I lost our match with 2 holes to play. Our team (Ryder Cup format) was down after the first day of matches. The guy I was paired with is not a golfer at all but he dresses the part. He wore a blue shirt, orange shorts, and matching blue/orange shoes. I kid you not. It's quite the scene. Went out to beach with my buddy before everyone else came out and hung out there most of the rest of the afternoon. We played a game called Tidal Ball most of the time. It's basically cornhole on the beach. Good way to pass the time--highly recommend it. Drank a bunch of beers out there--lost count. Went out to dinner that night at a place called Frankie Bones. Got the lobster mac/cheese--very tasty. One pound of lobster and they garnish each side of the dish with the head and tail of the lobster. Nice presentation. :gay: One of our guys (older guy--mid 50s) was shwasted at dinner. Kept ordering Yeunglings and baskets of bread. Couple flirty middle-aged waitresses working our group were great.

Saturday: Played at Oyster Reef. Format was head to head. Got down 4 early because I couldn't do anything right. Won the 8th hole and then proceeded to win 6 straight holes on the back. Won closest to the pin on the back 9 par-3 with a tee shot to about 4 feet. Made the birdie putt! Won my match 1 up. Our team was down after two days though. Disclaimer--never ever play at Oyster Reef if you're ever in HH. The rangers were douchebags and claimed we were playing at a 5 hour pace on hole 14. We finished in 4:30. Fuckface assholes made us rush through their signature hole (Par 3 15th overlooking the ocean) by having a guy sit there while we teed off. Never ever playing there again. Went to lunch at Skull Creek Boathouse. Had the shrimp and grits for lunchie munchie. Paired it with a tall Yeungling. Went back to the condos and headed out to the beach again for a few more hours of Tidal Ball, music, and just hanging out. Before sundown we decided to do a one club competition at the hole behind our condos--$5 per man. Went with an 8-iron and hit three good shots to greenside and almost chipped in for a 4. Ended up tying another guy with a 6 and we went to a chip-off. Won after the 3rd go-round! Added a little more money to the weekend stash. Went back to the condos and grilled out. One of the guys brought a pony keg of home brewed Irish stout. Not my favorite but appreciated the effort.

Sunday: Played at Palmetto Dunes Robert Trent Jones course. Format was 2-man scramble. We lost our match in a rout. One of the guys we played against is a scratch golfer--he shot 75/76 the first two days and his team on Sunday shot a 1-under for the round. We never had a chance. They won 6&5. I made a couple nice up-and-downs and almost holed out an eagle chip. Other team won the overall team competition for the weekend. Back home last night around 8pm. I'm exhausted today.

TL;DR version--not much in the way of antics and a bunch of golf stuff. Glad we've switched from Myrtle to HH--feels more like a vacation than a golf trip.


That sounds like a nice time!

What time was you teein off?

Re: the course rangers - I dont like that either. But sometimes when I play with certain people, it takes fucking forever. I like a nudge at times.

Tee times: Friday--9am, Saturday--7am, Sunday--8:30am. Didn't mind the early Saturday time--meant we got more beach time in that afternoon.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest