The Great Outdoor Games

The Great Outdoor Games

Postby fatty » 10 Jul 2005, 05:25

Yep, they start televised coverage Wedneday (they're actually going on now, but I guess ESPN needs 5 days to edit)...and it appears they've added a new event this year involving 4-wheelers. Color me pumped. Anybody else looking forward to this? Come on, sweaty female lumberjacks?? Eh???? OK, at least one of boom-run chicks is hot. Trust me.

EDIT - cause I know you won't believe me, I better post a pic...

"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby jack_daniels » 10 Jul 2005, 11:00

Not bad. Not bad at all. Though I'll probably be waiting around for the mud wrestling squad, cuz damn it, mud wrestling has got to be a sport.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby fatty » 12 Jul 2005, 04:56

Well, you got chicks, logs, and water...this might be the best you'll get that doesn't involve the words "wild", "gone", and "girls" (or a cover charge).
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby fatty » 16 Jul 2005, 01:41

When are you fuckers gonna start listening to me??
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Jul 2005, 07:26

I watched a bit of it last night, saw a bit of the ATV races, and then some sort of obstacle course\chain saw event. Always an excellent TV event, though not something I'm going to go out of my way to watch.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jul 2005, 16:14

I watched a few minutes of it on my lunch break today. Just the chainsaw stuff. Some Canadian dude beat his 16 year old cousin in the finals (there was no mention as to whether they were members of CUDDLE). I enjoy watching it, but I don't get nearly as fired up as Fatty seems to be.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby fatty » 20 Jul 2005, 03:29

Screw you all for your lack of ratings...I hope you enjoy women's curling (on ESPN2 yesterday when I hoped to find GOG reruns)
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Jul 2005, 06:28

fatty wrote:Screw you all for your lack of ratings...I hope you enjoy women's curling (on ESPN2 yesterday when I hoped to find GOG reruns)

Damnit why does curling always get dragged into these fights!?

I'm just mad I missed the curling on TV.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 20 Jul 2005, 09:14

Fatty I watched the womens, log whatever the fuck its called event. You are right, there were some hotties running around.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Theny » 20 Jul 2005, 09:19

Frank the Tank wrote:
fatty wrote:Screw you all for your lack of ratings...I hope you enjoy women's curling (on ESPN2 yesterday when I hoped to find GOG reruns)

Damnit why does curling always get dragged into these fights!?

I'm just mad I missed the curling on TV.

I actually watched some of this the other night, Frank. Curling is either really complicated or really simple. I'm not sure which, since I know nothing about it.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby TheWolf » 20 Jul 2005, 09:52

I think it's much more complicated than anyone realizes. Of course, I know practically nothing about it, so my opinion doesn't matter here. But something tells me there are far more intricacies to the game than the casual observer would ever pick up on.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Jul 2005, 09:54

TheWolf wrote:I think it's much more complicated than anyone realizes. Of course, I know practically nothing about it, so my opinion doesn't matter here. But something tells me there are far more intricacies to the game than the casual observer would ever pick up on.

This is true, but the intricacies are mental. It's just as unathletic as it appears to be.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 20 Jul 2005, 09:57

Oh I harbor no delusions that there's any sort of athletic ability required. But I expect there to be a lot of strategic complications that you wouldn't recognize if you weren't a curling fan.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Theny » 20 Jul 2005, 10:07

Like what? (not being sarcastic)
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Jul 2005, 10:24

Like playing to the dead spots on the ice, taking advantage of an opponent who can hit good left-curls but not good right-curls, playing for the easy 1 or the risky 3, setting up a future promotion if you have a skip who can hit dead-on shots, analyzing the ice conditions to determine if you should set up blockers or play a hitting game, etc.

I apologize for going off-topic on curling. Here's a quick link if you want to see something about basic curling strategy. Back on topic: what could be hotter than chicks with chainsaws?

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Next

Return to Other Sports