Welcome to the Other Sports Forum

Postby bosux » 21 Jun 2005, 16:16

you ever seen the fireman competitions?
i'm a firefighter and that shit is no joke...those dudes are sick!
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Big Scary Monster » 21 Jun 2005, 17:32

mister bacon wrote:Does anyone else here love those "worlds strongest man" competitions? I want to plan a vacation around going to see an event.. as they take place in some killer locations.

Dude, I love strongest man competitions. I love it when you catch them on ESPN 2 on a saturday and you can watch the entire competition from beginning to end over 6 hours. ITS AWESOME, BABY!
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mister bacon » 21 Jun 2005, 18:24

Big Scary Monster wrote:
mister bacon wrote:Does anyone else here love those "worlds strongest man" competitions? I want to plan a vacation around going to see an event.. as they take place in some killer locations.

Dude, I love strongest man competitions. I love it when you catch them on ESPN 2 on a saturday and you can watch the entire competition from beginning to end over 6 hours. ITS AWESOME, BABY!

Yeah those things are freakin sweet. I love the old ones with all the 80's spandex and shit too. I am serious, I really REALLY want to go to one. I'd bet it would be a fuckin blast.

On another random note, anyone else here every played Rugby?
..also a lot of fun 'round tournament time.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rickey Sez » 21 Jun 2005, 19:48

mister bacon wrote:
Yeah those things are freakin sweet. I love the old ones with all the 80's spandex and shit too. I am serious, I really REALLY want to go to one. I'd bet it would be a fuckin blast.

Agreed. I wanna go to one as well. But I think it would be something best enjoyed while getting crunk, much like the Boston marathon.

Plus, it's really fun to say "Magnus Magnusson" after drink number 10. Then the Magnum jokes would start.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby jack_daniels » 21 Jun 2005, 20:13

I love laser tag and paintball. they are appropriately considered sports, I guess.

Darts is not lame. It's suprisingly fun.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby TheWolf » 22 Jun 2005, 08:50

jack_daniels wrote:I love laser tag and paintball. they are appropriately considered sports, I guess.

Maybe by you they are. Laser tag's a lot of fun, but it's quite a stretch of the definition to call it a sport.

And the WSM competition kicks ass. Maybe we can have a SOTSG meet and greet at one of those (assuming we can all afford a trip to Fiji or wherever the hell they hold the next one).
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Big Scary Monster » 22 Jun 2005, 13:15

It always seems like its in Johannesburg or some other place with at least 7 waterfalls to film. Either way, I am totally there for the SOTSG meet and greet. Sure, we should probably try to find some place in the US to meet up first, what what the hell? Lets go all the way. Here are the events that I would like to see:

- the Keg Throw over the wall
- pulling a large vehicle with a rope
- running around in a circle with a heavy basket of stuff
- arm wrestling
- bending the bar over the head
- something involving a fridge or large truck tires
- any event that requires the big fellas to do a little running

Also, can we get Lou Ferrigno prominently involved? The 80s ones were so much better when he was there.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby TheWolf » 22 Jun 2005, 13:41

I love BSM's descriptions of the events. "Running around in a circle with a heavey basket of stuff" is my favorite, followed closely by, "something involving a fridge or large truck tires."
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Snake » 22 Jun 2005, 13:43

Gotta love other sports. People competing at really esoteric stuff is sheer brilliance.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Big Scary Monster » 22 Jun 2005, 14:01

TheWolf wrote:I love BSM's descriptions of the events. "Running around in a circle with a heavey basket of stuff" is my favorite, followed closely by, "something involving a fridge or large truck tires."

I really wanted to leave the events open for a little bit of Worlds Strongest Man brilliance. Who knows, the basket could have rocks, or kegs, or sea anchors, or cambodian children. And quite frankly, I don't care what sort of event they do as long as it requires them to move some heavy awkward shit where tons of comedy can ensue.

I don't want to limit them.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Dunking Donut » 22 Jun 2005, 14:41

They've had the Scottish games (or whatever they're called) in Bethelehem, PA (one town over from me).
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby TheWolf » 22 Jun 2005, 14:47

We used to go to the local Scottish highland games all the time when I was a kid. My uncles used to participate too. Good times.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mandingo » 22 Jun 2005, 15:11

my favorite part of the WSM is when they have to carry around the "africa stone" a big ass rock shaped like the continent of Africa. where do you get and africa stone and why not just make them carry weights or something?
[Fri 15:59] Rickey Sez: call me "sex bomb", please.
mandingo
Pink Helmet

Postby Big Scary Monster » 22 Jun 2005, 15:14

mandingo wrote:my favorite part of the WSM is when they have to carry around the "africa stone" a big ass rock shaped like the continent of Africa. where do you get and africa stone and why not just make them carry weights or something?

See? Its shit like that makes WSM great!
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby TheWolf » 22 Jun 2005, 15:25

Seriously, why Africa? Is Australia not heavy enough? I love WSM!
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports