WHAT THE HELL???

Re: WHAT THE HELL???

Postby Rodney Farva » 17 Jun 2013, 22:16

dude, that was written in 2005. given the way college and nfl offenses have developed over the last 8 years, and the further evolution of the TE position, it's certainly closer fetched than it was at that time.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby White Lightning » 18 Jun 2013, 05:02

Rodney Farva wrote:dude, that was written in 2005. given the way college and nfl offenses have developed over the last 8 years, and the further evolution of the TE position, it's certainly closer fetched than it was at that time.

I know. But I have had that same conversation with other Oilers fans. I have found it fun to talk about it in the last few years (I am easily amused).
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Oct 2014, 15:46

Iowa State is going to be looking sharp on Saturday:

Obvious inspiration.

And now, wow.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2014 ... e-uniforms
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Oct 2014, 14:34

saw this posted on facebook:

I'm helping a friend apply to college and become a recruited athlete which requires an NCAA eligibility check.

The cost: $120 payable to the NCAA.

is that general knowledge? I've never heard about that before, that sounds completely ridiculous.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Oct 2014, 14:54

Rodney Farva wrote:saw this posted on facebook:

I'm helping a friend apply to college and become a recruited athlete which requires an NCAA eligibility check.

The cost: $120 payable to the NCAA.

is that general knowledge? I've never heard about that before, that sounds completely ridiculous.

that's the clearinghouse. i am pretty sure i paid that in '99. they check your submitted sat score/transcript against what your high school has. just another ncaa scam, no big deal
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Oct 2014, 22:15

yeah but making recruits pay for that is just wrong, the ncaa should cover those costs or charge the schools.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Oct 2014, 07:41

Rodney Farva wrote:yeah but making recruits pay for that is just wrong, the ncaa should cover those costs or charge the schools.

i guess. just applying to the schools themselves is at least $150 these days, don't think that has anything to do with the NCAA either. it's all a scam to keep the NFL from having to put up the infrastructure for a minor league anyway, the $100 charge to join the "league" is one styrofoam cup in a landfill
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Colonel Angus » 16 Oct 2014, 07:43

SouthernYokel wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:yeah but making recruits pay for that is just wrong, the ncaa should cover those costs or charge the schools.

i guess. just applying to the schools themselves is at least $150 these days, don't think that has anything to do with the NCAA either. it's all a scam to keep the NFL from having to put up the infrastructure for a minor league anyway, the $100 charge to join the "league" is one styrofoam cup in a landfill

Yeah, colleges are screwing kids every way they can, not just athletes. Not sure why this situation would be any different.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Gregs Kite » 16 Oct 2014, 12:01

Colonel Angus wrote:
Yeah, colleges are screwing kids every way they can, not just athletes. Not sure why this situation would be any different.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Jun 2015, 10:32

MisterTambourineMan - Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:08 am: flush - five times the wolfpack let you down

So many to choose from, but here are some that stick out in my mind.

5. Football vs Georgia Tech - 11/3/2002. Ranked #8 in the country at 9-0 after having just walloped Clemson at home on an ESPN Thursday night national broadcast, the Pack was led by some QB named Philip Rivers. ABC even gave Chuck Amato a 'Sopranos' style opening:

Game was tied in the 4th quarter when we had the Jackets backed up deep in their own territory following a 3rd down sack, but in a stroke of #NCStateShit the play was nullified for an offensive delay of game penalty. Replay 3rd down and you know what happens--GT converts with a 28 yd pass play. Later in the same drive we dropped a sure interception in GT's endzone. They go on to score and win the game. We ended up losing to MD and UVA the next 2 weeks to fall out of the rankings, but came back to beat #14 FSU in the regular season finale and then #11 ND in the Gator Bowl (which I saw in person btw).

4. Basketball vs Duke - 2/16/2012. Up by 20 points with 11:30 left in the game AT Cameron Indoor against the #5 ranked Blue Devils. Would've been our first win in Cameron over a Coach K led team since 1988 (not counting a win there over the Devils in '95 when K had the 'mystery' back ailment). Our front line was in foul trouble the entire second half thanks to #ACCrefs. Just an unbelievable avalance of suckitude over the last 11 and a half minutes. You can't make this shit up.

3. Basketball vs Wisconsin - 3/26/2005. NCAA tournament Sweet 16 matchup in Syracuse--our first Sweet 16 appearance since 1989. Drove up with my sister and BIL since they're UNC fans and if both our teams won we'd meet in the Regional Final. Up 10 over the Badgers at halftime and we were primed to make our first Elite 8 appearance since 1986. Needless to say you know what happened next--Wisconsin went on a 26-7 run to take control of the game. Would've been cool to see us get another shot at the Holes and possibly see the Pack advance to the Final Four in person, but we're still waiting for that first Elite 8 appearance since '89. Classic Herb Sendek choke job.

2. Football vs Maryland - 11/27/2010. Win the game and we win the Atlantic Division and secure a berth in the ACC Championship game. Went over to a buddy's house to watch the game with his brother as well since we were sure we'd win and play in the ACC Championship game (which was in Charlotte the following week). Got up early 14-0 behind some guy named Russell Wilson at QB. Then Danny O'Brien and Torrey Smith went to work. Classic Tom O'Brien choke job. CLASSIC. That's the angriest I've ever been over an NC State football game.

1. Basketball vs Duke - 3/16/2003. 2003 ACC Championship game--we were up 15 with 10:07 left and State fans were already celebrating our first ACC basketball championship since 1987. Then JJ Redick happened--23 of his 30 points over the final 10 mins.

I mean...the most devastating loss I've witnessed as a State fan/alum.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 03 Jun 2015, 10:35

CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan - Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:08 am: flush - five times the wolfpack let you down

So many to choose from, but here are some that stick out in my mind.

5. Football vs Georgia Tech - 11/3/2002. Ranked #8 in the country at 9-0 after having just walloped Clemson at home on an ESPN Thursday night national broadcast, the Pack was led by some QB named Philip Rivers. ABC even gave Chuck Amato a 'Sopranos' style opening:

Game was tied in the 4th quarter when we had the Jackets backed up deep in their own territory following a 3rd down sack, but in a stroke of #NCStateShit the play was nullified for an offensive delay of game penalty. Replay 3rd down and you know what happens--GT converts with a 28 yd pass play. Later in the same drive we dropped a sure interception in GT's endzone. They go on to score and win the game. We ended up losing to MD and UVA the next 2 weeks to fall out of the rankings, but came back to beat #14 FSU in the regular season finale and then #11 ND in the Gator Bowl (which I saw in person btw).

4. Basketball vs Duke - 2/16/2012. Up by 20 points with 11:30 left in the game AT Cameron Indoor against the #5 ranked Blue Devils. Would've been our first win in Cameron over a Coach K led team since 1988 (not counting a win there over the Devils in '95 when K had the 'mystery' back ailment). Our front line was in foul trouble the entire second half thanks to #ACCrefs. Just an unbelievable avalance of suckitude over the last 11 and a half minutes. You can't make this shit up.

3. Basketball vs Wisconsin - 3/26/2005. NCAA tournament Sweet 16 matchup in Syracuse--our first Sweet 16 appearance since 1989. Drove up with my sister and BIL since they're UNC fans and if both our teams won we'd meet in the Regional Final. Up 10 over the Badgers at halftime and we were primed to make our first Elite 8 appearance since 1986. Needless to say you know what happened next--Wisconsin went on a 26-7 run to take control of the game. Would've been cool to see us get another shot at the Holes and possibly see the Pack advance to the Final Four in person, but we're still waiting for that first Elite 8 appearance since '89. Classic Herb Sendek choke job.

2. Football vs Maryland - 11/27/2010. Win the game and we win the Atlantic Division and secure a berth in the ACC Championship game. Went over to a buddy's house to watch the game with his brother as well since we were sure we'd win and play in the ACC Championship game (which was in Charlotte the following week). Got up early 14-0 behind some guy named Russell Wilson at QB. Then Danny O'Brien and Torrey Smith went to work. Classic Tom O'Brien choke job. CLASSIC. That's the angriest I've ever been over an NC State football game.

1. Basketball vs Duke - 3/16/2003. 2003 ACC Championship game--we were up 15 with 10:07 left and State fans were already celebrating our first ACC basketball championship since 1987. Then JJ Redick happened--23 of his 30 points over the final 10 mins.

I mean...the most devastating loss I've witnessed as a State fan/alum.

....Godfuckingdamn that's bad.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JT99 » 03 Jun 2015, 10:40

JichaelDick wrote:....Godfuckingdamn that's bad.

Pick one, boy. You were raised better than that...

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Jun 2015, 10:43

NCSU is the only college team i can look at and say honestly 'at least we aren't them.' same exact shit, looking like this is gonna be the year until losing in the most improbable fashion and the wheels coming off for the rest of the year...over and over...for decades. maybe you'll get a spurrier or a basketball version of a spurrier.

(personal favorite #USCeshit year was 2007. 6-1 and ranked 6th in the country at the midway point. proceed to lose to Vandy of all teams the next week and then finish the season with losses to UT, UF, Ark, and Clemson to finish 6-6 and not even make a bowl game)
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Jun 2015, 10:45

SouthernYokel wrote:NCSU is the only college team i can look at and say honestly 'at least we aren't them.' same exact shit, looking like this is gonna be the year until losing in the most improbable fashion and the wheels coming off for the rest of the year...over and over...for decades. maybe you'll get a spurrier or a basketball version of a spurrier.

(personal favorite #USCeshit year was 2007. 6-1 and ranked 6th in the country at the midway point. proceed to lose to Vandy of all teams the next week and then finish the season with losses to UT, UF, Ark, and Clemson to finish 6-6 and not even make a bowl game)

#NCStateShit is real and spectacular. We might be the most loyal and tortured college athletics fans in America.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Jun 2015, 10:50

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:NCSU is the only college team i can look at and say honestly 'at least we aren't them.' same exact shit, looking like this is gonna be the year until losing in the most improbable fashion and the wheels coming off for the rest of the year...over and over...for decades. maybe you'll get a spurrier or a basketball version of a spurrier.

#NCStateShit is real and spectacular. We might be the most loyal and tortured college athletics fans in America.

I wanted to come up with a more loyal and tortured fan base and.....I got nothing.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports