WHAT THE HELL???

WHAT THE HELL???

Postby JohnnyDamon » 26 Mar 2005, 21:44

To all the Tucsonites on board, I am sorry, but seriously, WTF was Hassan Adams thinking at the end of the game? I love Salim Stoudamire but he shit the bed today, but how he doesn't get the last shot I'll never know. I guess I will be rooting for Louisville to win that game, because Deron Williams, Luther Head, Dee Brown, Roger Powell, Jr., Jack Ingram, and James Augustine make me physically ill.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby fatty » 26 Mar 2005, 21:45

I really could care less, I just hope we get to do some looting tonight..."DADDY NEEDS A BIG-SCREEN!"
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Re: WHAT THE HELL???

Postby mister bacon » 26 Mar 2005, 21:49

JohnnyDamon wrote:To all the Tucsonites on board, I am sorry, but seriously, WTF was Hassan Adams thinking at the end of the game? I love Salim Stoudamire but he shit the bed today, but how he doesn't get the last shot I'll never know. I guess I will be rooting for Louisville to win that game, because Deron Williams, Luther Head, Dee Brown, Roger Powell, Jr., Jack Ingram, and James Augustine make me physically ill.

Hahahaha. If Kentucky wins and there is a Louiville vs. Kentucky showdown in the Championship game my god.. that state will erupt in gunfights.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby sportsdorkhater » 26 Mar 2005, 21:54

stoudamire did have a bad game, props to that guy that was all over him all night. i do think the difference between his game and JJ's was evident though. stoudamire was clearly taken out of the game , bad shots, etc, but he still contributed with 7 assists and 5 boards and actually dug in on D. i would take him in a heartbeat over JJ anytime.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby JohnnyDamon » 26 Mar 2005, 21:59

Exactly what I was thinking, SDH. While Williams did a helluva job defensively on Stoudamire, Stoudamirewas able to get Adams and Frye involved, and they continuously killed the Illini frontline. If Redick's shot is gone, then you can pretty much count on playing 5 on 4 the rest of the way.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby fatty » 26 Mar 2005, 22:01

I didn't get to see tonight's game, but I watched the OK State game the other night and Stoudamire wasn't really a factor except for the last shot. He sat out a good portion of the first half. He's a weird guy, him and Lute have had some issues. He gets pouty if he doesn't play perfect and as a result they have to sit him. Still, he's a hell of a player and I can't see a reason why you wouldn't put your final four hopes in his hands for the last shot.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby sportsdorkhater » 26 Mar 2005, 22:02

still AZ shouldnt have lost that games. great tourney so far. the games have been very watchable, even when youre half in the bag
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Big Scary Monster » 27 Mar 2005, 18:23

Yeah, i ended up completely in the bag after that ridiculous loss.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby nerf66 » 28 Mar 2005, 14:27

I made the trip to Tucson to hang out with a buddy and watch the game. We were at O'Malley's. We order up a couple of pitchers and settle in. AZ looks great. They are playing well. There is a table that contains two Illinois fans right next to ours. You can tell that they are really pulling for their team but they don't have much to cheer about. With 5 minutes left and AZ leading by 15, my buddy orders up a couple of shots and says to me "I'm feeding these to those two guys after we win this one!" Great idea! and he lets everyone around us know what he plans on doing. Looks great on paper. So the lead is now 0 and we go into OT. AZ looks like complete shit in OT and Lute Olsen draws up a final "throw the ball inbounds, dribble, wait until someone is covered, and launch a three..go for the bank shot!" play and we lose. I look at my buddy. We look at the shots. We look at the Illinois fans as happy as can be. We take the shots.

Terrible.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 28 Mar 2005, 14:30

That ranks as a stomach punch game
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby TheWolf » 28 Mar 2005, 15:56

I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show today, and they read an e-mail from some guy claiming that was "the worst choke in the history of sports." There's no doubt it was a terrible loss, and Arizona has absolutely no excuse for losing, but worst choke ever? Is this guy serious?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Mar 2005, 15:59

No way is it the worst ever. Remember once the Knicks choked an eight point lead to the Pacers with something like 18 seconds left? Kentucky hoops once came back from a 32-point deficit. Heck, at the risk of fanning bad memories during happy times, it doesn't compare to 1986 Game 6.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby sportsdorkhater » 28 Mar 2005, 16:00

TheWolf wrote:I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show today, and they read an e-mail from some guy claiming that was "the worst choke in the history of sports." There's no doubt it was a terrible loss, and Arizona has absolutely no excuse for losing, but worst choke ever? Is this guy serious?

that loss had nothing on the yanks losing 4 straight last year to the sox in the alcs, which had never been done before in the history of baseball(i know, i know, you all know that, but damn it feels good to type those words)
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Mar 2005, 16:02

sportsdorkhater wrote:that loss had nothing on the yanks losing 4 straight last year to the sox in the alcs, which had never been done before in the history of baseball(i know, i know, you all know that, but damn it feels good to type those words)

While that's true SDH in my heart I prefer to think of the Sox earning every single last ounce of that comeback, not ascribing any bit of it to a Yankees choke. Every single ounce of credit deserves to be heaped upon the glorious Sox. Can I get an Amen from the choir?
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 28 Mar 2005, 16:03

Frank the Tank wrote:No way is it the worst ever. Remember once the Knicks choked an eight point lead to the Pacers with something like 18 seconds left? Kentucky hoops once came back from a 32-point deficit. Heck, at the risk of fanning bad memories during happy times, it doesn't compare to 1986 Game 6.

I am a Pacer fan and I was watching that game with a Knicks fan. A VERY vocal Knicks fan. You can't even imagine my elation to see his least favorite Pacer fucking shut his mouth. It was fantastic.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Next

Return to College Sports