2017 College Football Season

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby TheWolf » 13 Nov 2017, 11:26

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Clemson/Miami is a play-in to the CFP unless either USCe beats Clemson or Pitt beats Miami. Given what we know about college football one or both of those is bound to happen.

Pitt is straight garbage this year. I actually have my eye on Virginia this weekend. :-k

Auburn can sneak in to the CFP with a win over Bama and by beating Georgia in the SEC championship.

OU will most likely have to beat TCU again to win the Big XII and get to the CFP.

If Bama finishes with 1 loss to either Auburn or Georgia, and those teams win out, I think the SEC is basically a lock to get 2 teams.

The cleanest is obviously if the undefeateds win out, then it's those 3 and Oklahoma pretty much as locks, and I'd expect it to be Bama vs Wisconsin and Miami vs Oklahoma in that situation.

Auburn's already got 2 losses right? You think a Bama win and a UGA win are enough to push them over the other guys? I think they're probably done unless they get some additional help from Oklahoma losing, etc.

To win out, wouldn't they end up with a Bama win and TWO Georga wins? I don't know shit about shit, but that seems impressive.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Nov 2017, 11:26

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Clemson/Miami is a play-in to the CFP unless either USCe beats Clemson or Pitt beats Miami. Given what we know about college football one or both of those is bound to happen.

Pitt is straight garbage this year. I actually have my eye on Virginia this weekend. :-k

Auburn can sneak in to the CFP with a win over Bama and by beating Georgia in the SEC championship.

OU will most likely have to beat TCU again to win the Big XII and get to the CFP.

If Bama finishes with 1 loss to either Auburn or Georgia, and those teams win out, I think the SEC is basically a lock to get 2 teams.

The cleanest is obviously if the undefeateds win out, then it's those 3 and Oklahoma pretty much as locks, and I'd expect it to be Bama vs Wisconsin and Miami vs Oklahoma in that situation.

Auburn's already got 2 losses right? You think a Bama win and a UGA win are enough to push them over the other guys? I think they're probably done unless they get some additional help from Oklahoma losing, etc.

They're 6th right now in the polls, and I'm assuming they'll jump the Clemson/Miami loser no matter what. They would probably need a loss from Wisconsin but I'd say that's fairly likely.

Bama isn't dropping out unless they drop 2, and I'm assuming Auburn would therefore be the SEC Champ because they would beat Georgia again. I know they lost to Clemson but it was early in the season. And I don't think they keep the SEC champ out.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Nov 2017, 11:27

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

I think Georgia's done unless they beat Bama (or Auburn) in the SEC championship game. ND losing hurt their best win and they were woodshedded by Auburn Saturday.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Nov 2017, 11:31

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

They're 6th right now in the polls, and I'm assuming they'll jump the Clemson/Miami loser no matter what. They would probably need a loss from Wisconsin but I'd say that's fairly likely.

Bama isn't dropping out unless they drop 2, and I'm assuming Auburn would therefore be the SEC Champ because they would beat Georgia again. I know they lost to Clemson but it was early in the season. And I don't think they keep the SEC champ out.

that's a gross situation. Auburn with a loss to Clemson and LSU wins the SEC, Alabama has 1 loss, to Auburn. i can see the argument for putting both of them in but man someone is going to have a legit beef. Probably Oklahoma.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Nov 2017, 11:32

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

that's a gross situation. Auburn with a loss to Clemson and LSU wins the SEC, Alabama has 1 loss, to Auburn. i can see the argument for putting both of them in but man someone is going to have a legit beef. Probably Oklahoma.

The sneaky fun one would be Wisconsin getting left out, even if undefeated. Don't think it would happen, but it makes me chuckle.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby nerf66 » 13 Nov 2017, 12:43

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

The sneaky fun one would be Wisconsin getting left out, even if undefeated. Don't think it would happen, but it makes me chuckle.

There is absolutely zero possibility of an undefeated big ten team being left out.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Previous

Return to College Sports