2017 College Football Season

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 Oct 2017, 15:20

nerf66 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Who wants to guess the first 4 playoff teams? My guess is Bama-Clemson-Georgia-tOSU with Notre Dame 5 and Wisconsin 6.


Something weird always seems to happen in the last few weeks to shake things up. I could see Georgia shitting the bed and throwing it away down the stretch. Maybe something like Miami finishing strong? tOSU dumps one to the HAX? WHO KNOWS?


So you didn't really understand the question, that's fine, it happens.


You are correct. I now understand that BD was talking about rankings that were about to be released. MY BAD!


It's not how hard you fall, it's how fast you get up.



Up being butt.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby paje » 01 Nov 2017, 06:19

paje wrote:1.Georgia 2.Bama 3.Notre Dame 4.Clemson...5.Oklahoma 6.tOSU


Image
User avatar
paje
Another dude worth meeting
 
Posts: 633
Joined: 21 May 2010, 21:13

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Nov 2017, 12:51

How many losses would the 4th best Power 5 team need to have in order to have UCF jump them and get into the playoffs, if undefeated? I think it would have to be at least 3. I can't imagine them leaping a 2 loss SEC, ACC or even Big 12 team at this point in the season.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby CourtesyFlush » 06 Nov 2017, 12:59

Briandong79 wrote:How many losses would the 4th best Power 5 team need to have in order to have UCF jump them and get into the playoffs, if undefeated? I think it would have to be at least 3. I can't imagine them leaping a 2 loss SEC, ACC or even Big 12 team at this point in the season.

Hmm. A two loss ACC team would most likely be Clemson if they lose again but beat Miami in the ACC championship game. They're not jumping Clemson or even Miami if they win the ACC with 2 losses.

A two loss SEC team could possibly be Mississippi State or Auburn if things play out a certain way. They could jump Miss State but not Auburn.

A two loss Big 12 team would still have a better overall profile if it's someone from the group of ISU, TCU, or OU.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 06 Nov 2017, 13:02

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:How many losses would the 4th best Power 5 team need to have in order to have UCF jump them and get into the playoffs, if undefeated? I think it would have to be at least 3. I can't imagine them leaping a 2 loss SEC, ACC or even Big 12 team at this point in the season.

Hmm. A two loss ACC team would most likely be Clemson if they lose again but beat Miami in the ACC championship game. They're not jumping Clemson or even Miami if they win the ACC with 2 losses.

A two loss SEC team could possibly be Mississippi State or Auburn if things play out a certain way. They could jump Miss State but not Auburn.

A two loss Big 12 team would still have a better overall profile if it's someone from the group of ISU, TCU, or OU.

*Homer whisper* ISU has 3 losses *end Homer whisper*
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Nov 2017, 13:03

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:How many losses would the 4th best Power 5 team need to have in order to have UCF jump them and get into the playoffs, if undefeated? I think it would have to be at least 3. I can't imagine them leaping a 2 loss SEC, ACC or even Big 12 team at this point in the season.

Hmm. A two loss ACC team would most likely be Clemson if they lose again but beat Miami in the ACC championship game. They're not jumping Clemson or even Miami if they win the ACC with 2 losses.

A two loss SEC team could possibly be Mississippi State or Auburn if things play out a certain way. They could jump Miss State but not Auburn.

A two loss Big 12 team would still have a better overall profile if it's someone from the group of ISU, TCU, or OU.


ISU has 3 losses, but agreed. I think they would jump a 2 loss Wisconsin team though, if somehow PSU and tOSU and Michigan all wound up w 3 losses.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby CourtesyFlush » 06 Nov 2017, 13:10

Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:How many losses would the 4th best Power 5 team need to have in order to have UCF jump them and get into the playoffs, if undefeated? I think it would have to be at least 3. I can't imagine them leaping a 2 loss SEC, ACC or even Big 12 team at this point in the season.

Hmm. A two loss ACC team would most likely be Clemson if they lose again but beat Miami in the ACC championship game. They're not jumping Clemson or even Miami if they win the ACC with 2 losses.

A two loss SEC team could possibly be Mississippi State or Auburn if things play out a certain way. They could jump Miss State but not Auburn.

A two loss Big 12 team would still have a better overall profile if it's someone from the group of ISU, TCU, or OU.


ISU has 3 losses, but agreed. I think they would jump a 2 loss Wisconsin team though, if somehow PSU and tOSU and Michigan all wound up w 3 losses.

DOH--completely whiffed on ISU's record. You people and your facts.

They'd jump the Pac-12 with 2 losses also.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby Goose » 06 Nov 2017, 15:20

No talk about a one loss AAC champ making the playoffs?

Image
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3617
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby nerf66 » 11 Nov 2017, 22:51

nerf66 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Who wants to guess the first 4 playoff teams? My guess is Bama-Clemson-Georgia-tOSU with Notre Dame 5 and Wisconsin 6.


Something weird always seems to happen in the last few weeks to shake things up. I could see Georgia shitting the bed and throwing it away down the stretch. Maybe something like Miami finishing strong? tOSU dumps one to the HAX? WHO KNOWS?


Georgia shits the bed
tOSU dumps one to the Hax
Miami = strong finish

:shock:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
User avatar
nerf66
Yellow Jacket
 
Posts: 3857
Joined: 12 Nov 2004, 20:01

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby Theny » 11 Nov 2017, 23:41

nerf66 wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Who wants to guess the first 4 playoff teams? My guess is Bama-Clemson-Georgia-tOSU with Notre Dame 5 and Wisconsin 6.


Something weird always seems to happen in the last few weeks to shake things up. I could see Georgia shitting the bed and throwing it away down the stretch. Maybe something like Miami finishing strong? tOSU dumps one to the HAX? WHO KNOWS?


Georgia shits the bed
tOSU dumps one to the Hax
Miami = strong finish

:shock:


Nerf knows cfb
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30547
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby CourtesyFlush » 13 Nov 2017, 11:17

I was really hoping Bama would lose. Need a little more chaos before the end of the season. Everyone else at the top looking shaky yet these turds find a way to win. Auburn, it's up to you--knock them off their pedestal.

Clemson/Miami is a play-in to the CFP unless either USCe beats Clemson or Pitt beats Miami. Given what we know about college football one or both of those is bound to happen.

Auburn can sneak in to the CFP with a win over Bama and by beating Georgia in the SEC championship.

OU will most likely have to beat TCU again to win the Big XII and get to the CFP.

Ohio State is still in the mix somehow. If they beat Michigan and Wisconsin there's no way they're left out, right?

Notre Dame is toast. Thanks for stopping by.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Nov 2017, 11:18

it's gonna be Pitt. it's ALWAYS Pitt.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29808
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Nov 2017, 11:20

CourtesyFlush wrote:Notre Dame is toast. Thanks for stopping by.


And thank God for that, which is kinda ironic....


SouthernYokel wrote:it's gonna be Pitt. it's ALWAYS Pitt.


(West Virginia solemnly nods)
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13033
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Nov 2017, 11:21

CourtesyFlush wrote:Clemson/Miami is a play-in to the CFP unless either USCe beats Clemson or Pitt beats Miami. Given what we know about college football one or both of those is bound to happen.


Pitt is straight garbage this year. I actually have my eye on Virginia this weekend. :-k

Auburn can sneak in to the CFP with a win over Bama and by beating Georgia in the SEC championship.

OU will most likely have to beat TCU again to win the Big XII and get to the CFP.


If Bama finishes with 1 loss to either Auburn or Georgia, and those teams win out, I think the SEC is basically a lock to get 2 teams.

The cleanest is obviously if the undefeateds win out, then it's those 3 and Oklahoma pretty much as locks, and I'd expect it to be Bama vs Wisconsin and Miami vs Oklahoma in that situation.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Nov 2017, 11:23

Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Clemson/Miami is a play-in to the CFP unless either USCe beats Clemson or Pitt beats Miami. Given what we know about college football one or both of those is bound to happen.


Pitt is straight garbage this year. I actually have my eye on Virginia this weekend. :-k

Auburn can sneak in to the CFP with a win over Bama and by beating Georgia in the SEC championship.

OU will most likely have to beat TCU again to win the Big XII and get to the CFP.


If Bama finishes with 1 loss to either Auburn or Georgia, and those teams win out, I think the SEC is basically a lock to get 2 teams.

The cleanest is obviously if the undefeateds win out, then it's those 3 and Oklahoma pretty much as locks, and I'd expect it to be Bama vs Wisconsin and Miami vs Oklahoma in that situation.


Auburn's already got 2 losses right? You think a Bama win and a UGA win are enough to push them over the other guys? I think they're probably done unless they get some additional help from Oklahoma losing, etc.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29808
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest