2017 College Football Season

Re: 2017 College Football Season

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 Oct 2017, 09:13

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:If we are predicting who we thinking who will make the play-off I will go with this:

1. Alabama Just too good, I can't see this team losing to anyone including Georgia

2. Notre Dame. Their toughest game left is @ Stanford and they are really not that good. I think they destroy Miami. Sorry Theny. Even with out the 13th data point/people they get in based on quality wins and strength of schedule.

3. Ohio State. Their only potential slip up is at Michigan. As bad as they looked against Oklahoma they have turned things around. Penn State is really not as good as people think, and Ohio State is miles better than them. Wisconsin cannot score enough points to beat Ohio State.

4. Clemson. They win out and beat Va. Tech or Da . U in the conference championship game.

If this result happens and the Big 12 and Pac 12 are shut out, hot taeks for weeks on how the play-off needs to expand to 8 teams.

Lol "miles better" than Penn State. You got whomped by OU at home--you better hope they keep winning or you'll be on the outside looking in.

Memba when LDOTL whomped me at home in 2014. I memba. How did that turn out?

I have selective memory when it comes to you guys

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Oct 2017, 09:14

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:If we are predicting who we thinking who will make the play-off I will go with this:

1. Alabama Just too good, I can't see this team losing to anyone including Georgia

2. Notre Dame. Their toughest game left is @ Stanford and they are really not that good. I think they destroy Miami. Sorry Theny. Even with out the 13th data point/people they get in based on quality wins and strength of schedule.

3. Ohio State. Their only potential slip up is at Michigan. As bad as they looked against Oklahoma they have turned things around. Penn State is really not as good as people think, and Ohio State is miles better than them. Wisconsin cannot score enough points to beat Ohio State.

4. Clemson. They win out and beat Va. Tech or Da . U in the conference championship game.

If this result happens and the Big 12 and Pac 12 are shut out, hot taeks for weeks on how the play-off needs to expand to 8 teams.

Lol "miles better" than Penn State. You got whomped by OU at home--you better hope they keep winning or you'll be on the outside looking in.

Memba when LDOTL whomped me at home in 2014. I memba. How did that turn out?

getting way off track here (even moreso!) but this reminds me of how i beat you two straight outback bowls and then you won the national chip the next year and i went 5-7
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 31 Oct 2017, 09:24

mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:3. Ohio State. Their only potential slip up is at Michigan. As bad as they looked against Oklahoma they have turned things around. Penn State is really not as good as people think, and Ohio State is miles better than them. Wisconsin cannot score enough points to beat Ohio State.

You won by one at home.

If you watched the game, which I am sure you did not, you would agree with me unless Kite is correct and you really know nothing about sports.

Score don't lie. Neither does Flush.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Oct 2017, 09:32

Score absolutely can lie.

Two games. One, Team A jumps out to a huge lead, gets up 35-0 in the third quarter, empties the bench, and gives up 21 unanswered to Team B, wins 35-21.

Second game, score is 21-21 late in regulation. Team C scores to take a 28-21 lead on Team D, then runs back an INT to seal the win. Both games end 35-21. One was a blowout, one was a nailbiter.

I fell asleep at 28-10 PSU, and even at that point I felt tOSU was the better, more talented team.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Briandong79 » 31 Oct 2017, 09:34

Penn State jumped on them early. tOSU has some garbage special teams that might bite them at some point. tOSU seemed to be the better team for about the last 2 1/2 - 3 quarters of the game. I don't think they are miles better than PSU.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby paje » 31 Oct 2017, 10:01

JichaelDick wrote:I'm going here...

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

Would not shock me if OU lost Bedlam or to TCU.

Alabama fans will have night terrors.

MJ/Jike - In either of your scenarios above, does Georgia get to the SEC title game undefeated and lose to Alabama. If so, do you think the committee still puts 11-1 Notre Dame in over 12-1 Georgia even though Georgia won @ND. Does how the Bama/GA game plays out, final score, etc. matter or do you think ND's SOS is that much stronger than Georgia's that it can be justified?
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Theny » 31 Oct 2017, 10:04

paje wrote:

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

MJ/Jike - In either of your scenarios above, does Georgia get to the SEC title game undefeated and lose to Alabama. If so, do you think the committee still puts 11-1 Notre Dame in over 12-1 Georgia even though Georgia won @ND. Does how the Bama/GA game plays out, final score, etc. matter or do you think ND's SOS is that much stronger than Georgia's that it can be justified?

I'll take care of Notre Dame bruh
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 Oct 2017, 10:05

Theny wrote:
paje wrote:

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

I'll take care of Notre Dame bruh

:lol:

Although, ND could face both participants in the Pac-12 championship, both participants in the ACC championship, and one participant in the SEC championship this season. I like their SOS over UGA's if it plays out like that (HINT: it won't).
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Oct 2017, 10:16

I'm thinking UGA fucks up and loses at Auburn, tbh
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 31 Oct 2017, 10:17

paje wrote:

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

I think my prediction does account for an undefeated Georgia losing to Alabama in the championship game.

The committee does not appear to give a lot of credence to head to head match-ups, and unless it was a super close game, I think they take an 11-1 Notre Dame over a 12-1 Georgia.

Also fairly unfairly, I think the committee does not want to give a team another chance in the play-off when they had a chance to make it in with a win the prior week.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Oct 2017, 10:23

I think the committee would take that into consideration if, say, UGA and Alabama were both unbeaten and Alabama won 30-27 in 2OT or something like that, where you could make the case that the two teams were almost dead even and it seems wrong to be so draconian for a loss like that.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised if Auburn beat UGA. That defense is still salty, their offense has playmakers, and it's at Jordan-Hare.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby paje » 31 Oct 2017, 10:28

Theny wrote:I'll take care of Notre Dame bruh

This Miami team reminds me a little of the 2012 Notre Dame team that went to the NC and was smoked by Bama. That year they had 4th quarter come from behind wins against Purdue and BYU and won in triple OT against Pitt. The big came where they were going to get exposed was @ Oklahoma and they ended up playing their best game of the year and won out from there. I'm getting nervous the role will be reversed this year w/ ND playing the role of Oklahoma to Miami.

mj3528 wrote:Also fairly unfairly, I think the committee does not want to give a team another chance in the play-off when they had a chance to make it in with a win the prior week

I agree with this.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Goose » 31 Oct 2017, 12:05

I see Georgia losing to Bama and ND getting the nod over them. I also see Ohio State getting in over Wisconsin.

#glitterati in both cases.

And then the seedings will be set up to maximize viewership in the semi-finals and improve the chances for a ND/Bama title game. Then the NCAA can just sit back and rake in that sweet TV ratings money.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State

This is assuming that all four teams win out. The biggest impediment to this (I think) is the pedophiles vs. convicts tilt. If Miami beats ND [-o< this prediction is void, but that's okay with me.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 Oct 2017, 12:24

Goose wrote:And then the seedings will be set up to maximize viewership in the semi-finals and improve the chances for a ND/Bama title game. Then the NCAA can just sit back and rake in that sweet TV ratings money.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby nerf66 » 31 Oct 2017, 15:17

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Who wants to guess the first 4 playoff teams? My guess is Bama-Clemson-Georgia-tOSU with Notre Dame 5 and Wisconsin 6.

Something weird always seems to happen in the last few weeks to shake things up. I could see Georgia shitting the bed and throwing it away down the stretch. Maybe something like Miami finishing strong? tOSU dumps one to the HAX? WHO KNOWS?

So you didn't really understand the question, that's fine, it happens.

You are correct. I now understand that BD was talking about rankings that were about to be released. MY BAD!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports