Who needs Power 5 when you're a power bottom: AAC Football

Re: Who needs Power 5 when you're a power bottom: AAC Footba

Postby Goose » 09 Oct 2017, 09:20

Since USF had the week off, we’re getting guest poster /Balls to do the AAC post this week.

/Balls wrote:1 game on Saturday. Was ECU able to keep up this time? Maybe notch a W for once? LETS FIND OUT. I am Road 17 Owls (Grey helmets, white jerseys, black pants), he is the HOME 17 Pirates (all blacks*, uniforms, too). He got on the board first with a FG, but it was Roll Tide Temple for the rest of the half. Led 24-3 at halftime. He scored a TD in the 3rd to get within 14, but I missed it cos D came down to yell at me, which was delightful. Temple put up 10 more to put the game out of reach. Logan “Hachi” Marchi threw for a smoking 321 yds and two TDs and Temple outgained ECU 523 to 287. Sirk, the QB from Duke, threw for 250 and a TD, but also threw a pick.

3-3 overall/1-2 in conference.

*except the QB who transferred from Duke, natch.

What’s this mean for USF? Does this make their 61-31 win against ECU less impressive or their 43-7 dismantling of Temple more impressive? Somehow I think this game devalued our entire season so far.

Next Saturday night we welcome the Cincinnati Bearcats to Tampa. UCF beat them 53-21 in three quarters (game ended due to lightning and the 'nnati getting their asses sewn to their faces). Possible trap game as we may think we're still supposed to play UMass this week after the Hurricane Irma scheduling shenanigans.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 Oct 2017, 15:16

very nice post!

I wouldnt be too down on your self after TU killed ECU. Temple started to put it together in H2 lw vs a team whose name escapes me. They lost the game, but finished the game on a 13-0 run. Fans were delirious!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Goose » 17 Oct 2017, 12:44

Saturday night the Natty came to Tampa.

Wrong Natty, but I'm sure there was plenty around. Let's try that again.

Saturday night the 'Nnati came to Tampa.

How was the game? Well the homecoming crowd of 80,000 was impressed.

Me, not so much. It was the same old shit. Slow start by the offense (3 long drives sputtering out and generating 3 short field goals), followed up with a couple of touchdowns in the middle quarters and on cruise control for the 4th.

The defense played great and scored a TD on an interception at the end of the 1st half. The ultimate kick in the balls for Cincy was that it happened on an untimed down after the Bearcats accepted a penalty against USF. My personal highlight was every time they cut to Luke Fickell he was looking at his players like "I probably should've stayed at Ohio State."

Speaking of penalties I think that we're back to leading the league in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. We had 14 penalties for 137 yards, a lot of them the 15 yard variety.

On the plus side our special teams didn't appear to fuck up anything, which made it the first game this year. The best part of the broadcast was how the announcers kept praising our special teams for being so good all year, despite all evidence to the contrary (KOs out of bounds, missed FGs, blocked punts, etc.). I'm pretty sure that every time a broadcaster announces a USF game is the first time they've seen USF play. "How about Charlie Strong coming in here from Texas?" may be said 1,000 times a game, since they don't know anything else about the team. Oh well.

Anyway, the internet tells me that these lovely ladies are Danielle and Daniella and attend the University of South Florida. However, I don't remember seeing them around on the engineering side of campus.

Saturday night we'll be in The Big Easy to play Tulane. Maybe Jike'll take the train town and give us a first hand account.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 Oct 2017, 13:03

Goose wrote:Saturday night the Natty came to Tampa.

That doesn't look natty.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Oct 2017, 13:05

i don't like commenting in this thread because i enjoy the post-to-post reactions from Goose, but i just wanted to pop in and say please do not stop doing these they are my favorite.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 17 Oct 2017, 15:00

SouthernYokel wrote:i don't like commenting in this thread because i enjoy the post-to-post reactions from Goose, but i just wanted to pop in and say please do not stop doing these they are my favorite.

Ditto. Goose, you had to be happy that San Diego state lost. It looks like your season comes down to the Ucf game? Does your conference have a chip game? If you win out, what bowl are you looking at?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby CourtesyFlush » 17 Oct 2017, 15:26

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i don't like commenting in this thread because i enjoy the post-to-post reactions from Goose, but i just wanted to pop in and say please do not stop doing these they are my favorite.

Ditto. Goose, you had to be happy that San Diego state lost. It looks like your season comes down to the Ucf game? Does your conference have a chip game? If you win out, what bowl are you looking at?

Orange Bowl against NC State--WHO SAYS NO.

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Goose » 18 Oct 2017, 11:09

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

The bowl committee says no. Orange Bowl is off-limits for the AAC.

UCF and USF are in the AAC East and play each other in the final regular season game on the Friday after Thanksgiving. The west will be either Navy, Houston or Memphis, with Houston being the only one we play during the regular season. UCF already beat Memphis and plays Navy this weekend.

One alarming trend is that UCF has scored more points than USF in each of their three AAC wins, while sharing two of the same opponents (ECU and Cincinnati), so although we seem to be getting more national attention, we may go to Orlando and and get steamrolled. USF is known for completely fucking up perfect conference seasons, like losing to Temple and then upsetting Navy last year, and not making it to the championship game.

Best case: getting an at large bid to the Peach Bowl (1/1/18) or the Fiesta Bowl (12/31/17).
I'm okay with: AAC slot in the Military Bowl and getting to beat Notre Dame again.
Never going to happen: Cotton Bowl at Jerry World.
Most probable: Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl in St. Pete

So much rich pageantry and history.

Anyhow, Go Bulls.

Okay, to be honest, the best case would be to finish between these two:

Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JT99 » 18 Oct 2017, 11:37

Goose wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

The bowl committee says no. Orange Bowl is off-limits for the AAC.

UCF and USF are in the AAC East and play each other in the final regular season game on the Friday after Thanksgiving. The west will be either Navy, Houston or Memphis, with Houston being the only one we play during the regular season. UCF already beat Memphis and plays Navy this weekend.

One alarming trend is that UCF has scored more points than USF in each of their three AAC wins, while sharing two of the same opponents (ECU and Cincinnati), so although we seem to be getting more national attention, we may go to Orlando and and get steamrolled. USF is known for completely fucking up perfect conference seasons, like losing to Temple and then upsetting Navy last year, and not making it to the championship game.

Best case: getting an at large bid to the Peach Bowl (1/1/18) or the Fiesta Bowl (12/31/17).
I'm okay with: AAC slot in the Military Bowl and getting to beat Notre Dame again.
Never going to happen: Cotton Bowl at Jerry World.
Most probable: Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl in St. Pete

So much rich pageantry and history.

Anyhow, Go Bulls.

Okay, to be honest, the best case would be to finish between these two:

I don't care for 1's mannish face and 2's abnormally long alien thumb [/Farva]
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Goose » 27 Oct 2017, 16:04

It's been a long week, so this one's going to be short and quick.

We played at Tulane and it looked like we had more fans at a road game than we do at a home game. As usual, a slow start from USF. One TD in the first quarter, but things picked up and we got two TDs in the second. Our special teams also had the obligatory blocked PAT and missed field goal.

Flowers had a good game (two passing TDs, one rushing TD and 140 yards rushing).

The O took the fourth quarter off and couldn't score or get a decent drive going. Not to be outshined, the D took the entire second half off and gave up 3 TDs to Tulane.

We squeaked by 34-28. If they play like this against Houston it's going to be messy.

The cougars come to Tampa Saturday afternoon. It's the same time as the UF-Georgia game, so there could be literally hundreds of people at the game.

And it's supposed to rain all weekend, so anybody who comes will probably hope for an early finish.

Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Oct 2017, 16:42

Did it look like you had more fans because Tulane is also green? Perhaps?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 30 Oct 2017, 09:52

Goose wrote:It's been a long week, so this one's going to be short and quick.

We played at Tulane and it looked like we had more fans at a road game than we do at a home game. As usual, a slow start from USF. One TD in the first quarter, but things picked up and we got two TDs in the second. Our special teams also had the obligatory blocked PAT and missed field goal.

Flowers had a good game (two passing TDs, one rushing TD and 140 yards rushing).

The O took the fourth quarter off and couldn't score or get a decent drive going. Not to be outshined, the D took the entire second half off and gave up 3 TDs to Tulane.

We squeaked by 34-28. If they play like this against Houston it's going to be messy.

The cougars come to Tampa Saturday afternoon. It's the same time as the UF-Georgia game, so there could be literally hundreds of people at the game.

And it's supposed to rain all weekend, so anybody who comes will probably hope for an early finish.

tough break in that game goose. look forward to your preview of that game.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Goose » 01 Nov 2017, 14:44

jman wondered why my previous posts skewed negative for an undefeated team. Well, it's because 47-3 and 61-31 may look good on the ticker, but watching the games I could see the chinks in the armor.

No offense!

Per usual, USF blew an easily winnable conference game on it's way to fucking up an undefeated season.

460 yards of offense, no turnovers and no overt fuckups by special teams. How does this result in a 28-24 loss to Houston?

It's not like they were facing off against Andre Ware, Kase Keenum or the immortal David Klingler. Their QB was some kid named D'Eriq King. That's right, his name has two capital letters, an apostrophe and a q. And he killed us in the last two minutes of the game. We made him look like D'Aaron Fucking Rodgers.

With 1:46 on the clock we failed to convert on 3rd and short inside the 15 and kicked a field goal. We kicked off and let the Cougars run it back to our half of the field. But soon things looked up. Following a couple of sacks and a penalty, Houston faced a 4th and 25. Of course we allowed a 30 yard completion like we were the fucking Packers facing the #GOAT tandem* in the playoffs in 2004. This was followed by a QB TD run with 13 seconds left that covered 20 yards in which no Bull defender came within 3 yards of him. After the ensuing kickoff was kneeled in the endzone, USF tried a lateral-fest on the next play from scrimmage and then the game was over.

No turnovers can be a little misleading though. If you ate the tape (or whatever JT's people say), you'd see that USF turned the ball over three times on downs. Three fourth and shorts with one of the most successful RPO QBs in the game and we run three plays up the gut that net zero yards. Well done Charlie Strong's offense.

There is one shard of hope left here. Since Houston is in the west we can still win out, including a win over UCF after Thanksgiving and make it to the conference chip. The dream of playing on New Year's Day is dead though, long live the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl!

When we lose, no cheesecake for you. Just sad, painted fans with some conciliatory clapping.

I already told you guys. It's over.

Who am I kidding, here you go.

So, let's keep those chins up. It could be worse, we could be the Gators or the Seminoles.

*I'm of course talking about the original Belichick/Brady tandem, Reid and McNabb
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Goose » 09 Nov 2017, 10:39

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Slow start, score a bunch in the middle, let up in the fourth and allow the opponent to score 10-20 points. It's funny. That's the same model we've followed all year, win or lose.

Other than the INT, he threw in the first Flowers had a great game. 385 yards passing, 3 TDs and 131 yards rushing (8.2 ypc). The INT though. He was rolling right, had a stationary receiver wide open about 12 yards downfield and just airmailed it.

Nadelman kicked three field goals (out of three attempts) and made all of his extra points and I don't remember any blocked punts or botched kick returns. I'm pretty sure that we had an after the whistle unsportsmanlike call on one kickoff, though. So special teams wasn't the usual shitfaced at the office Christmas party embarrassment, so I guess we've got that going for us.

Next Thursday night Tampa will be struck by a (Tulsa Golden) Hurricane. By all indications they are terrible and we should roll. But we could get caught peeking ahead to the de facto AAC eastern conference championship game against our Black Friday opponent UCF.

Here's where we post pictures of attractive USF affiliated women.

Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Nov 2017, 10:42

Goose wrote:Image

I just feel bad for 1 here.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports