Hotty Toddy: Your Ole Miss Rebels

Re: Hotty Toddy: Your Ole Miss Rebels

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Oct 2016, 08:11

JichaelDick wrote:Ole Miss lost a stud LB commit last night. This season is gonna be lit.

Just hoping we can bounce back like Auburn has so far this season.

How did they lose this commit? TBH I don't really want to know so ignore the fact I asked the question and don't answer my question because I don't really want to know.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Oct 2016, 08:19

JichaelDick wrote:Ole Miss lost a stud LB commit last night. This season is gonna be lit.

is it as bad as south carolina taking the redshirt off their promising freshman quarterback 6 games into a dead season because recruits were flipping left and right? And then with his magical powers we were able to overcome the herculean challenge of UMass, by one touchdown. Stay tuned for his on-field death against Tennessee this weekend.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 24 Oct 2016, 08:23

SouthernYokel wrote:

is it as bad as south carolina taking the redshirt off their promising freshman quarterback 6 games into a dead season because recruits were flipping left and right? And then with his magical powers we were able to overcome the herculean challenge of UMass, by one touchdown. Stay tuned for his on-field death against Tennessee this weekend.

It's not THAT bad, but with our receiving corps and Swag, I think we expected to be no worse than 4-3 now, with 3 competitive losses and four big wins. It's 3-4, we looked like ass against LSU, and Auburn and TAMU seem to have reams that can exploit our weaknesses (horrible O-line and terrible Back 7).

Do think we get bowl eligibility. Georgia Southern looks to be awful, Vandy isn't good enough on O to really exploit our defense, and State's weaknesses (which mirror ours in a lot of ways) should be exploitable.

ETA: Also, losing the LB commit is a killer. It's the one position we are extremely thin at, even though we run a 4-2-5, and the quality isn't great.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Oct 2016, 15:57

Evan Engram, our All-American TE, drops a sure TD pass that would have given us a late lead...and we throw a pick on the next play, all but handing the game to Auburn.

Best 3-5 team EVAR, you guys!
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Nov 2016, 09:20

Getting SONNED, 38-17, to fucking Vanderbilt, has to be a firing offense. I'm not ready for Hugh to go just yet, but Corey Battoon (safeties coach/special teams coordinator) and Dave Wommack (Defensive coordinator) are D-U-N.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 27 Nov 2016, 01:54

Dave Wommack, embattled defensive coordinator for Ole Miss, announces his resignation before kickoff. Defense responds by rolling over and losing 55-20. AT home. To a team with a loss to South Alabama.

Live look-in at Vaught-Hemingway:

JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Dec 2016, 17:35

“Well, Coach Freeze told me when you’re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he’s like, ‘What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross.’ So, he was just telling me sometimes things like that happen, but that’s never going to change how he’s going to treat his players and take care of them. Even if — I don’t know if he really did make the mistake, doing what he did or not — but I can just tell he’s a good person, great person. I know they’re looking at maybe a bowl suspension [for 2017]. I don’t know what they’re gonna do. But I don’t think that’ll affect anything as far as how he treats his players and stuff like that.”

Damn it, Hugh. Hell, I wish the NCAA would just go ahead and drop the hammer at this point. Get it over, we're gonna suck either way.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Jan 2017, 20:51

Ole Miss cager suffers seizure on court

Random note: where does the term "cager" come from?
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 18 Jan 2017, 21:12

JichaelDick wrote:Ole Miss cager suffers seizure on court

Random note: where does the term "cager" come from?

According to someone named Matthew Alice at the always-reliable San Diego Reader:

In the first two decades of basketball's history, the rules said an out-of-bounds ball belonged to the first team to touch it after it crossed the line. Naturally, this sent both squads into elbow-throwing stampedes to claim possession. Naturally, this resulted in bruised and battered spectators. Naturally, the spectators fought back. Pre-1914 basketball was a free-for-all -- players trampling fans, fans lobbing vegetables. A wire cage around basketball courts was the solution until one night some official sat bolt upright in bed and yelled, "Hey, Madge, wake up! I've got it! Howzabout we save on the chickenwire and just change the rules!" Backboards date from this era too. They kept missed shots from beaning fans, who often didn't like giving the ball back.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Feb 2017, 18:31

JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 18:47

Hugest of lols at hugh freeze but still a big pile of fuck you to the ncaa hypocrite machine
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 22 Feb 2017, 18:52

SouthernYokel wrote:Hugest of lols at hugh freeze but still a big pile of fuck you to the ncaa hypocrite machine

When Ole Miss started pulling top 5 recruiting classes, everyone knew this was coming. I am surprised that Clemson hasn't had this happen to them yet. Dabo is smooth I guess.

This is probably my favorite one:

All under one allegation, the NCAA outlines four automobile-related charges against Ole Miss, all occurring between 2014 and 2015. They're all fairly boring, relating to plumb loan deals players got on cars.

Three of the four are against Student-Athlete 1, Tunsil. There's one other car allegation against a non-Tunsil player.

The NCAA estimates the car arrangements resulted in $7,495 of impermissible benefits altogether. Ole Miss agrees this happened.

It is amazing this doesn't happen more. Terrell Pryor was driving a real nice new car from a dealership when he was in an accident at Ohio State. His actual car had been at the dealer for months supposedly being repaired.

Nothing came of that one.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 18:59

Tunsil had 3 loaner cars? He wasnt that good, damn.

Still waiting on that UNC punishment for that little fake classes at a hallowed institution slip up, btw
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 19:09

SouthernYokel wrote:Tunsil had 3 loaner cars? He wasnt that good, damn.

Still waiting on that UNC punishment for that little fake classes at a hallowed institution slip up, btw

i thought tunsil was prettay prettay good last season for theen_wolf's fins last season?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Feb 2017, 19:14

Tunsil was fanfuckingtastic. Worth whatever we paid. Paying a kid $13,000 and have him NOT show up? That is incompetence.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports