Hotty Toddy: Your Ole Miss Rebels

Re: Hotty Toddy: Your Ole Miss Rebels

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Apr 2016, 11:06

JichaelDick wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I still dont get how and why these guys get paid on the DL. Like, the texts that were leaked were to "coach" to pay an extra $305 for his light bill. If a coach is paying players, does that mean that the teams have actual unspoken budgets to pull from for this or what?

TY IA

There is a fund the NCAA allows players to have for emergencies--trips back home, medical issues insurance doesn't cover, things of that nature. My guess is a light bill for mama wouldn't be considered that.

I've accepted we're in a lot worse trouble than I ever thought, and while I wish Tunsil hadn't said anything, I can't get mad at the kid for being confused as hell at the way things completely fell apart for him last night.

Last night was so wonderful. I greatly enjoyed it. And Theny said it was the most meh draft he could think of.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Theny » 29 Apr 2016, 11:08

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I still dont get how and why these guys get paid on the DL. Like, the texts that were leaked were to "coach" to pay an extra $305 for his light bill. If a coach is paying players, does that mean that the teams have actual unspoken budgets to pull from for this or what?

TY IA

There is a fund the NCAA allows players to have for emergencies--trips back home, medical issues insurance doesn't cover, things of that nature. My guess is a light bill for mama wouldn't be considered that.

I've accepted we're in a lot worse trouble than I ever thought, and while I wish Tunsil hadn't said anything, I can't get mad at the kid for being confused as hell at the way things completely fell apart for him last night.

Last night was so wonderful. I greatly enjoyed it. And Theny said it was the most meh draft he could think of.

Tunsil def saved it.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JichaelDick » 06 May 2016, 15:54

Today marks the 25th Anniversary of the death of probably the most beloved Rebel of them all, Chucky Mullins. #38 forever.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 28 May 2016, 13:15

So, we finally released the Notice of Allegations yesterday. Some shit went down, but for the most part it was fairly innocuous stuff. The worst thing the football program did was have an assistant get someone to take the ACT for some recruits after getting them to take it at a favorable place. This happened in 2010, a year before Freeze got to Ole Miss. The coach in question, Davis Saunders, has since been given an 8-year show cause.

How did Houston Nutt, who was in charge when this obvious academic fraud went down, feel? According to Bruce Feldman (who should have known better)...vindicated.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 28 May 2016, 13:35

JichaelDick wrote:So, we finally released the Notice of Allegations yesterday. Some shit went down, but for the most part it was fairly innocuous stuff. The worst thing the football program did was have an assistant get someone to take the ACT for some recruits after getting them to take it at a favorable place. This happened in 2010, a year before Freeze got to Ole Miss. The coach in question, Davis Saunders, has since been given an 8-year show cause.

How did Houston Nutt, who was in charge when this obvious academic fraud went down, feel? According to Bruce Feldman (who should have known better)...vindicated.

I'm surprised at this response, given your recent history of reaction to Ole Miss news good or bad.

I haven't followed this story very closely but it appeared from the Twitter reaction I saw that yesterday was not considered a good (or even neutral) day for the Rebs. Didn't seem to be viewed as "fairly innocuous stuff" by most. After Ole Miss fans had claimed that everything alleged in the football program was from before Hugh Freeze, I found it interesting that a lot of the allegations were from the Freeze era. Three of them being Level 1 violations. Sounds pretty serious to me , but :beatsme: Self-imposing double-digit scholarship losses makes it sound like Ole Miss agrees that it's pretty serious. And this isn't even factoring in Laremy Tunsil's Wild (draft night) Ride.

Who knows what the 'AA will do though. The Rebs may skate on all this stuff.

I did enjoy one of the reactions I saw yesterday: the lesson here is if you're gonna cheat, don't beat Alabama when you do it.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 28 May 2016, 14:20

It wasn't good, and Hugh's moralizing certainly didn't help, but the absolute worst thing that happened was under Nutt's watch. There has been a lot of glee and tsk tsking from the Forde's and Wolken's of the world, most of which can be attributed to Hugh's defiance.

The interesting thing is what they find on the Tunsil stuff. That could be the difference between the double digit scholarship losses (which is severe enough) and postseason bans, firings, and show causes.

And I still don't see how Nutt would be vindicated. It's like saying, yeah, I killed a guy, but that guy over there punched a random stranger and got a few parking tickets.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 28 May 2016, 15:05

Colonel Angus wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:So, we finally released the Notice of Allegations yesterday. Some shit went down, but for the most part it was fairly innocuous stuff. The worst thing the football program did was have an assistant get someone to take the ACT for some recruits after getting them to take it at a favorable place. This happened in 2010, a year before Freeze got to Ole Miss. The coach in question, Davis Saunders, has since been given an 8-year show cause.

I'm surprised at this response, given your recent history of reaction to Ole Miss news good or bad.

I haven't followed this story very closely but it appeared from the Twitter reaction I saw that yesterday was not considered a good (or even neutral) day for the Rebs. Didn't seem to be viewed as "fairly innocuous stuff" by most. After Ole Miss fans had claimed that everything alleged in the football program was from before Hugh Freeze, I found it interesting that a lot of the allegations were from the Freeze era. Three of them being Level 1 violations. Sounds pretty serious to me , but :beatsme: Self-imposing double-digit scholarship losses makes it sound like Ole Miss agrees that it's pretty serious. And this isn't even factoring in Laremy Tunsil's Wild (draft night) Ride.

Who knows what the 'AA will do though. The Rebs may skate on all this stuff.

I did enjoy one of the reactions I saw yesterday: the lesson here is if you're gonna cheat, don't beat Alabama when you do it.

The only thing I heard yesterday was 11 self imposed scholarship losses and thought well the Rebs better win next year because something big is coming
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby JichaelDick » 28 May 2016, 15:20

Like I say, the Tunsil stuff is where it will hit the fan. If they find stuff, I'm expecting show causes and postseason bannings. If everyone clams up and they can't, we may skate with the 11 schollys lost.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Jul 2016, 22:41

Ole Miss DL gets arrested for domestic violence. Bad enough, but considering how the Jeffery Simmons deal down at Mississippi State went, not a good look.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/spor ... /87569604/
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 18 Aug 2016, 09:03

Bill Connelly's preview of the Rebs: http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ule-roster

These are usually pretty good, if a little advanced stat-heavy.

ETA: Jike, what's up with this Jordan Wilkins mess?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Aug 2016, 11:40

Colonel Angus wrote:Bill Connelly's preview of the Rebs: http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ule-roster

These are usually pretty good, if a little advanced stat-heavy.

ETA: Jike, what's up with this Jordan Wilkins mess?

Word on the street is it was a clerical error that his academic advisor fucked up on and told him he needed one less hour than he actually did, and it cost him his eligibility for the 2016 season. Not ideal, BUT Akeem Judd is solid, and we have a couple of young RBs that can hopefully help fill in the void.

Speaking of my Rebels, This (and the other 7 installments of this series) is why I really can't get too upset if we were "cheetin'."
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Aug 2016, 03:00

Bit of a kerfluffle over in Oxford Town this weekend, as AD Ross Bjork announced that Dixie would no longer be played by the Rebel band. Frankly, the fact that it was played in 2016 is a bit odd, but I will also admit to loving the "slow Dixie" (in reality Elvis' American Trilogy) played before Ole Miss football games in my time there. Still, though, not a big deal in my opinion, probably a step needed to not have potential stud recruits decide to take their talents somewhere that matched our bag men.

That said, you just KNEW the hot taeks were coming, and Todd Starnes at Fox News didn't disappoint. First, there's this article, which claims Ole Miss, perhaps the most conservative flagship university in America, will become the "University of Obama." Then, in a Tweet, we got this gold...

Radicals at @OleMissRebels are doing what ISIS did -- eradicating culture and history

I knew we were hated in the SEC, but I never thought we'd get compared to ISIS (non-Archer)...especially by Fox News. Shit, the campus newspaper endorsed--and was the only daily college newspaper to do so--McCain in 2008 and were one of the few pro-Romney in '12
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Aug 2016, 09:26

- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 25 Aug 2016, 13:58

Colonel Angus wrote:Image

We gonna get hammered. I don't like the idea of folks from other schools giving testimony, but this ain't good.

The spin of "they have nothing really, and they're getting desperate plays well, but I doubt it."
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Goose » 26 Aug 2016, 07:55

Here's the Yahoo story on the Ole Miss investigation:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-nc ... soc_trk=ma

I hope Jike is enjoying Las Vegas and this doesn't throw off his trivia master swag.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports