Hotty Toddy: Your Ole Miss Rebels

Hotty Toddy: Your Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Feb 2016, 10:30

Hey, I'm the only Rebel here, but I figure it's better to conceal all my nonsense here rather than in the other threads.
Last edited by JichaelDick on 04 Feb 2016, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Re: Sons of Ansu Sesay: Your Ole Miss Thread

Postby mj3528 » 04 Feb 2016, 10:32

The rumors are that the #1 overall recruit that went to Michigan, Rashan Gary was offered $100,000 by a booster to attend a certain school.

My sources say that school was Ole Miss.

Do better Ole Miss bagmen.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Re: Sons of Ansu Sesay: Your Ole Miss Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Feb 2016, 10:33

I know Gary was looking at Ole Miss, and I have no doubt money was offered.

At the end of the day, our class was great--probably deeper than the Treadwell/Tunsil/Nkemdiche class. That said, we desperately needed linebackers, and whiffed on pretty much all of them. Defense could be a weak link this season.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Re: Hotty Toddy: Your Ole Miss Rebels

Postby JichaelDick » 09 Feb 2016, 12:44

Ole Miss is at 25/1 odds to win the natty next season. If we're not 1-3 after our first four games (we have Florida State in Orlando, then after a beatdown of Wofford, Alabama and Georgia back to back at the Vaught), we have a shot.

Go Rebs!
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 17 Feb 2016, 14:25

Brett McMurphy Verified account 
‏@McMurphyESPN
Baylor, Ole Miss have verbally agreed to open 2020 season at Houston’s NRG Stadium, sources told @ESPN
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 17 Feb 2016, 14:36

JichaelDick wrote:
‏@McMurphyESPN
Baylor, Ole Miss have verbally agreed to open 2020 season at Houston’s NRG Stadium, sources told @ESPN

what are the odds that both teams are good in 2020?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 17 Feb 2016, 14:43

mj3528 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
‏@McMurphyESPN

what are the odds that both teams are good in 2020?

Ole Miss will be recovering from the Death Penalty by then /Miss State fans
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 17 Feb 2016, 15:02

Depends on what happens with the NCAA thing (I'm expecting a few schollies gone, probably not much more, but I'm also biased), but I figure we'll be decent. Baylor is a wild-card, but I can't imagine them just sucking, either.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Mar 2016, 13:11

Ole Miss releases the self-reported violations in the last year.

I haven't decided which is my favorite, but this is up there...

Violation occurred: 8/21/2015
Sport: Football
Violation type: Amateurism
Summary: Photos of a football player appeared on social media postings belonging to a for-profit company called Timeless Generation owned by his brother and two friends. The player wasn’t compensated and the fact he played football at Ole Miss wasn’t highlighted in the postings.
Institutional action: Ole Miss issued a cease and desist to the company and provided rules education to the player involved.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 11 Mar 2016, 11:08

Welp, my Rebs are going to be hoping for an NIT bid after a tough loss to Alabama last night. Shame of it is, Stefan Moody may have played his last game as a Rebel. Marshall Madness be damned, Moody is the most exciting and best player Kennedy's had at Ole Miss. Dude dropped 39 last night, but a combination of not good defense (giving up 81 to THIS Alabama team is pretty bad) and nobody else stepping up just was a killer.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby CourtesyFlush » 11 Mar 2016, 11:09

JichaelDick wrote:Welp, my Rebs are going to be hoping for an NIT bid after a tough loss to Alabama last night. Shame of it is, Stefan Moody may have played his last game as a Rebel. Marshall Madness be damned, Moody is the most exciting and best player Kennedy's had at Ole Miss. Dude dropped 39 last night, but a combination of not good defense (giving up 81 to THIS Alabama team is pretty bad) and nobody else stepping up just was a killer.

Were you anywhere near the bubble watch discussion? Maybe the Wolpfack will see you guys in the CBI!
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 11 Mar 2016, 11:13

CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Welp, my Rebs are going to be hoping for an NIT bid after a tough loss to Alabama last night. Shame of it is, Stefan Moody may have played his last game as a Rebel. Marshall Madness be damned, Moody is the most exciting and best player Kennedy's had at Ole Miss. Dude dropped 39 last night, but a combination of not good defense (giving up 81 to THIS Alabama team is pretty bad) and nobody else stepping up just was a killer.

Were you anywhere near the bubble watch discussion? Maybe the Wolpfack will see you guys in the CBI!

Oh, Lord no. We had to win the tourney, and even had we beaten Alabama, we were looking at Kentucky today. The problem is, all those 1-seeds going down in the conference tourneys are eating up possible at-large bids to the NIT, so we could be on the outside looking in as far as that goes. Don't know if Kennedy would take a CBI bid.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 25 Apr 2016, 18:02

I hear you Breeland Speaks. I like getting Alabama riled up. Makes beating them funnier. And if we lose, it's not like my entire Ole Miss fandom hasn't prepared me.
Attachments
IMG_20160425_180047.jpg
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Apr 2016, 10:51

I still dont get how and why these guys get paid on the DL. Like, the texts that were leaked were to "coach" to pay an extra $305 for his light bill. If a coach is paying players, does that mean that the teams have actual unspoken budgets to pull from for this or what?

TY IA
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 29 Apr 2016, 10:59

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I still dont get how and why these guys get paid on the DL. Like, the texts that were leaked were to "coach" to pay an extra $305 for his light bill. If a coach is paying players, does that mean that the teams have actual unspoken budgets to pull from for this or what?

TY IA

There is a fund the NCAA allows players to have for emergencies--trips back home, medical issues insurance doesn't cover, things of that nature. My guess is a light bill for mama wouldn't be considered that.

I've accepted we're in a lot worse trouble than I ever thought, and while I wish Tunsil hadn't said anything, I can't get mad at the kid for being confused as hell at the way things completely fell apart for him last night.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Next

Return to College Sports