The College Coaching Carousel

Re: The College Coaching Carousel

Postby the cheese » 07 Dec 2015, 15:41

Theny wrote:
ONTB wrote:Tom Herman and South Carolina couldn't agree on a buyout. He wanted the same buyout he had in Houston and South Carolina wanted it to be $10 million+. Otherwise he probably would have been the hire. The haggling on the buyout worried South Carolina.

Herman to Texas is going to hang over both the Texas and Houston programs all next season. Maybe A&M as well.

Also, fuck Rich Rodriguez. No one offered that moron a job. He was the back up, along with Lincoln Riley, if Muschamp had decided to take the UGA DC position or stay at Auburn.

Wouldn't you much much much rather have rich rod than muschamp?

I would. Muschamp looks like a retard trying to fuck a door knob.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 07 Dec 2015, 15:43

the cheese wrote:
Theny wrote:
ONTB wrote:Tom Herman and South Carolina couldn't agree on a buyout. He wanted the same buyout he had in Houston and South Carolina wanted it to be $10 million+. Otherwise he probably would have been the hire. The haggling on the buyout worried South Carolina.

Herman to Texas is going to hang over both the Texas and Houston programs all next season. Maybe A&M as well.

Also, fuck Rich Rodriguez. No one offered that moron a job. He was the back up, along with Lincoln Riley, if Muschamp had decided to take the UGA DC position or stay at Auburn.

Rich Rod hasn't proved he can have sustained success other than West Virginia, and even then fucked up what would have been their most historic win. He may be better than Muschamp, but it is real close.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 07 Dec 2015, 15:45

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Theny wrote:

Rich Rod hasn't proved he can have sustained success other than West Virginia, and even then fucked up what would have been their most historic win. He may be better than Muschamp, but it is real close.

Valid.

You're South Carolina. Leave Herman's buyout low and deal with it.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Dec 2015, 15:47

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Theny wrote:

RichRod: sustained success at West Virginia, success at Arizona
Muschamp: ???? (was a good defensive coordinator for a while a long time ago, I guess?)
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby ONTB » 07 Dec 2015, 15:58

I'd call it a toss up between RR and Muschamp for me. RR has actually had head coaching success, but his players did turn on him at Michigan and I guess he fucked that cheerleader. We knew Muschamp would put a great staff together that can recruit, which is critical in a small state with two programs. What he did at UF was mind blowing terrible; I doubt he'll have any real success at South Carolina. RR might have had a shot, just from an offensive innovation standpoint.

Apparently Ray Tanner's greatest fear was that he's hire a guy like Herman or Fuente and they'd be gone in a year or two for a Texas job. He thought that would be the worst outcome. Plus he really likes Muschamp for some reason. He met with him last year for the DC job, but Muschamp priced himself out. Spurrier really likes Muschamp to for some reason.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 07 Dec 2015, 17:22

ONTB wrote:I'd call it a toss up between RR and Muschamp for me. RR has actually had head coaching success, but his players did turn on him at Michigan and I guess he fucked that cheerleader. We knew Muschamp would put a great staff together that can recruit, which is critical in a small state with two programs. What he did at UF was mind blowing terrible; I doubt he'll have any real success at South Carolina. RR might have had a shot, just from an offensive innovation standpoint.

Apparently Ray Tanner's greatest fear was that he's hire a guy like Herman or Fuente and they'd be gone in a year or two for a Texas job. He thought that would be the worst outcome. Plus he really likes Muschamp for some reason. He met with him last year for the DC job, but Muschamp priced himself out. Spurrier really likes Muschamp to for some reason.

Please expand upon this "I guess he fucked a cheerleader" line of thought. Really run that one down.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Dec 2015, 17:38

the cheese wrote:
ONTB wrote:I'd call it a toss up between RR and Muschamp for me. RR has actually had head coaching success, but his players did turn on him at Michigan and I guess he fucked that cheerleader. We knew Muschamp would put a great staff together that can recruit, which is critical in a small state with two programs. What he did at UF was mind blowing terrible; I doubt he'll have any real success at South Carolina. RR might have had a shot, just from an offensive innovation standpoint.

Please expand upon this "I guess he fucked a cheerleader" line of thought. Really run that one down.

I believe the rumor is that he took the Michigan job because he had impregnated a West Virginia cheerleader.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby mj3528 » 07 Dec 2015, 17:43

Colonel Angus wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I believe the rumor is that he took the Michigan job because he had impregnated a West Virginia cheerleader.

I hadn't heard that one. He must have done a decent job of keeping that one hidden.

Kind of like Urb banging that female volleyball player at Florida and is why his wife made him quit. I have some sources and no one has ever been able to really nail that one down.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby ONTB » 07 Dec 2015, 19:24

the cheese wrote:
Valid.

I agree. And with a different type of AD we could have had Herman with maybe Jeremy Pruitt as DC. And who knows, maybe neither the Texas or A&M job come open any time soon and Herman has a great run at South Carolina. That's probably what I would have gone with. Hire the best candidate.

mj3528 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
the cheese wrote:Please expand upon this "I guess he fucked a cheerleader" line of thought. Really run that one down.

I hadn't heard that one. He must have done a decent job of keeping that one hidden.

Kind of like Urb banging that female volleyball player at Florida and is why his wife made him quit. I have some sources and no one has ever been able to really nail that one down.

I have no idea. But as soon as his name came up, the more "plugged in" posters on the various message boards said he impregnated a cheerleader at WVU and that he wouldn't pass the background check for hire. Others said he just fucked a cheerleader and didn't impregnate. Probably not true, but maybe...

What's funny about Rich Rod, and the whole idea that he had an offer in hand from South Carolina, is that he didn't get any sort of raise. All he got was the opportunity to keep coaching at Arizona under the same terms. Everyone else associated with the South Carolina search got something-- 'Champ got a head coaching job, Herman got a raise, Willie Taggart got a raise, Fedora got a raise, Kirby Smart got a head coaching job, I'm sure Lincoln Riley will get a raise of some kind. Rich Rod... nothing. Tried to sell like he had an offer and Arizona didn't care.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Dec 2015, 20:27

ONTB wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Valid.

I agree. And with a different type of AD we could have had Herman with maybe Jeremy Pruitt as DC. And who knows, maybe neither the Texas or A&M job come open any time soon and Herman has a great run at South Carolina. That's probably what I would have gone with. Hire the best candidate.

mj3528 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
the cheese wrote:Please expand upon this "I guess he fucked a cheerleader" line of thought. Really run that one down.

I have no idea. But as soon as his name came up, the more "plugged in" posters on the various message boards said he impregnated a cheerleader at WVU and that he wouldn't pass the background check for hire. Others said he just fucked a cheerleader and didn't impregnate. Probably not true, but maybe...

What's funny about Rich Rod, and the whole idea that he had an offer in hand from South Carolina, is that he didn't get any sort of raise. All he got was the opportunity to keep coaching at Arizona under the same terms. Everyone else associated with the South Carolina search got something-- 'Champ got a head coaching job, Herman got a raise, Willie Taggart got a raise, Fedora got a raise, Kirby Smart got a head coaching job, I'm sure Lincoln Riley will get a raise of some kind. Rich Rod... nothing. Tried to sell like he had an offer and Arizona didn't care.

Haha nice.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Dec 2015, 05:06

in the grand scheme of things, i would be happy to have "i guess he fucked that cheerleader" be people's reaction when they hear my name.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Dec 2015, 08:58

Are college sports coaches the most loathsome creatures in North American sports?

It continues to stun me that you guys beat off so furiously over these scumbags.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Dec 2015, 09:02

Gregs Kite wrote:Are college sports coaches the most loathsome creatures in North American sports?

It continues to stun me that you guys beat off so furiously over these scumbags.

:lol: =D+= good one gregs
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Dec 2015, 09:08

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Are college sports coaches the most loathsome creatures in North American sports?

I think it's a legitimate question. Sorry if I offended you guys and your heroes.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 08 Dec 2015, 09:10

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

I think it's a legitimate question. Sorry if I offended you guys and your heroes.

Who are the paragons of virtue in pro sports we should be celebrating?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports