THE GD HAWKEYES (THIS is Iowa)

Re: THE GD HAWKEYES (THIS is Iowa)

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Oct 2017, 13:06

mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Won't lie, big fan of this...

https://twitter.com/espn/status/909158963110989825

I have reliable reports that when they did this last Saturday, Saquon Barkley joined in on the wave. Good guy, I am cheering for him.

Not that I ever really rooted against Iowa now ('cept for one game), but you're cemented as a fave now.

Such a great thing.

i'm opposed to it. all kids matter. why are they just waiving to the sick ones?

Gotta waive them, can't send out sick kids to compete against healthy ones /anus'd
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 02 Oct 2017, 16:54

I've got some beef with this. Its pedantic and a bit of an anus, but announcing something as a new tradition irks me. I don't feel like you can manufacture a tradition. You do something over and over and eventually you realize its a tradition, you don't come out of the gate and announce something as a tradition.

There I said it. I was holding it in for a coupla weeks now because I didn't want to step on the Hawkeyes, the good people of Iowa, and sick kids, but it had to be said.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby JT99 » 02 Oct 2017, 18:54

chrisco wrote:I've got some beef with this. Its pedantic and a bit of an anus, but announcing something as a new tradition irks me. I don't feel like you can manufacture a tradition. You do something over and over and eventually you realize its a tradition, you don't come out of the gate and announce something as a tradition.

There I said it. I was holding it in for a coupla weeks now because I didn't want to step on the Hawkeyes, the good people of Iowa, and sick kids, but it had to be said.

Your instincts were right
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby chrisco » 02 Oct 2017, 19:10

JT99 wrote:
chrisco wrote:I've got some beef with this. Its pedantic and a bit of an anus, but announcing something as a new tradition irks me. I don't feel like you can manufacture a tradition. You do something over and over and eventually you realize its a tradition, you don't come out of the gate and announce something as a tradition.

Your instincts were right

Sometimes you have to open your mouth even when you know the words coming out of it are terrible. It's what makes us human.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Oct 2017, 20:51

Hawkeyes locked up Patrick McCaffery today. Huge last minute get, glad they flipped him.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Oct 2017, 09:02

Josey leads the B1G in tackles with 70. The next closest guy has 44.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 09 Oct 2017, 09:23

Briandong79 wrote:Josey leads the B1G in tackles with 70. The next closest guy has 44.

I Twitter-backed him against a Michigan post a few weeks back
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Briandong79 » 30 Oct 2017, 08:38

On behalf of MTM and myself, I hope none of you were subjected to the Iowa-Minnesota game on Saturday.

These are fire though:

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 05 Nov 2017, 09:20

Iowa was miles better yesterday, I think we can agree on that.

That trick fake fg play is one of the best I can remember. And it all hinged on the worst pass ever.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 05 Nov 2017, 09:56

I am HERE for Riverboat Kirk.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Nov 2017, 09:36

That was legitimately the most fun I've ever had watching a game (at least for the game itself) (sorry mj and 99). Iowa hasn't played that well-designed of a game since maybe when they wiped out Michigan State when they were in the top 10? If not that, probably all the way back to the infamous Minnesota game where the fans tore down the goalposts in the Metrodome (sorry mtm).

Edited to fix repetitive tOSU fan identification.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 06 Nov 2017, 09:39

Briandong79 wrote:That was legitimately the most fun I've ever had watching a game (at least for the game itself) (sorry mj and #s). Iowa hasn't played that well-designed of a game since maybe when they wiped out Michigan State when they were in the top 10? If not that, probably all the way back to the infamous Minnesota game where the fans tore down the goalposts in the Metrodome (sorry mtm).

Aren't mj and #s the same person?

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby JT99 » 06 Nov 2017, 09:52

Briandong79 wrote:That was legitimately the most fun I've ever had watching a game (at least for the game itself) (sorry mj and 99). Iowa hasn't played that well-designed of a game since maybe when they wiped out Michigan State when they were in the top 10? If not that, probably all the way back to the infamous Minnesota game where the fans tore down the goalposts in the Metrodome (sorry mtm).

In the middle of that onslaught (third quarter), I almost tweeted that "You can post the 'sup?' now, if you want"

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 06 Nov 2017, 09:57

JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:That was legitimately the most fun I've ever had watching a game (at least for the game itself) (sorry mj and 99). Iowa hasn't played that well-designed of a game since maybe when they wiped out Michigan State when they were in the top 10? If not that, probably all the way back to the infamous Minnesota game where the fans tore down the goalposts in the Metrodome (sorry mtm).

In the middle of that onslaught (third quarter), I almost tweeted that "You can post the 'sup?' now, if you want"

I wouldn't have been shocked for Iowa to win, but the way they did I did not seem coming.

Iowa played so poised and everything they did seemed to work, except for the punter's decision to run in the 4th when it was over.

I thought the stupid Bosa penalty that led to his ejection was a huge turning appoint, but I don't know as Iowa was just dominant in the 2nd half. Not sure what Urb, Schiano and Wilson did during half-time? Play BSMB in NBA2K.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Nov 2017, 10:03

mj3528 wrote:
JT99 wrote:

I wouldn't have been shocked for Iowa to win, but the way they did I did not seem coming.

Iowa played so poised and everything they did seemed to work, except for the punter's decision to run in the 4th when it was over.

I thought the stupid Bosa penalty that led to his ejection was a huge turning appoint, but I don't know as Iowa was just dominant in the 2nd half. Not sure what Urb, Schiano and Wilson did during half-time? Play BSMB in NBA2K.

Yeah, I don't think the Bosa penalty made that much of a difference, but Stanley looks like a first year starter (which he is) when he's pressured, and they were keeping him clean basically the whole game before and after that.

The fake FG was amazing.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -fake-punt

Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports