Beamer Ball

Re: Beamer Ball

Postby mj3528 » 01 Feb 2016, 16:06

the cheese wrote:Ah yes, football games at NASCAR tracks. Because the college football saw the complete and utter success that is hosting basketball games in football stadiums and said "hey, we gotta get ourselves in on that action."

or college basketball games on air craft carriers:

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 01 Feb 2016, 16:57

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:will any of the seats be even decent? seems suspect.

when I see the NHL winter classics I think all of the seats have to be terrible.

No. Except for maybe the Battlefield seats, every seat in the place will be terrible.

I think the yellow seats would be pretty good--worth paying up to $140 for at least.

They appear to be at least 25 yards away from the field and not parallel to the field. That seems terrible especially as you get lower.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Colonel Angus » 01 Feb 2016, 17:00

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

when I see the NHL winter classics I think all of the seats have to be terrible.

No. Except for maybe the Battlefield seats, every seat in the place will be terrible.

I think the yellow seats would be pretty good--worth paying up to $140 for at least.

No seat at this thing will be worth paying $140 for, unless it is in a luxury suite with free food and booze.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby the cheese » 01 Feb 2016, 17:28

Colonel Angus wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

No seat at this thing will be worth paying $140 for, unless it is in a luxury suite with free food and booze.

It's Butch Jones's Tennessee vs. Beamer-less VaTech. I wouldn't pay $30 for a ticket.*

I kid, but seriously.
Last edited by the cheese on 01 Feb 2016, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Feb 2016, 17:30

the cheese wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

It's Butch Jones's Tennessee vs. Beamer-less VaTech. I wouldn't pay $30 for a ticket.

I mean, Fuente is a not-bad replacement there.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby God Shamgod » 01 Feb 2016, 17:40

Seems like you go to this thing for the novelty and to get wasted and watch it on the jumbotron. I predict multiple fatalities.

Someone was telling me that Daytona was trying to get FSU/Alabama, but they are playing at the new Falcons stadium instead.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby JT99 » 01 Feb 2016, 18:05

Tickets are cheaper for the Bristol Motor Speedway tilt between East Tennessee State and Western Carolina.

http://www.etsubucs.com/football/news/2015-16/12479/etsu-football-to-play-western-carolina-at-bristol-motor-speedway/
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Colonel Angus » 19 Feb 2016, 11:16

Colonel Angus wrote:The e-mail with seat locations allegedly went out to donors today. My dad is on a cruise right now so I have no way to reach him, but I think he said he requested seats in the $80 price range. Those seats are seriously going to SUUUUUCK. Image

LDOTL, are you planning to go?

LDOTL, do you have me on mute?

I found a pic taken from approximately where my seats will be. Not too terrible:

I'm cautiously optimistic that I will actually get to see some football and - aided by binoculars - understand what is taking place.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 19 Feb 2016, 11:18

Sorry Angug, of course not on mute! Ummm, looking into going, trying to see if it's possible with work and everything and having a wedding 6 weeks later. Definitely want to go, buncha future in-laws are in Bristol and future mrs dot knows the area.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Feb 2016, 11:19

They gonna move those trucks outta the way?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Colonel Angus » 19 Feb 2016, 11:20

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Sorry Angug, of course not on mute! Ummm, looking into going, trying to see if it's possible with work and everything and having a wedding 6 weeks later. Definitely want to go, buncha future in-laws are in Bristol and future mrs dot knows the area.

Nice. Let me know. You have about 7 months to come up with an excuse for bailing on Bristol(TN)Con16.

ETA:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:They gonna move those trucks outta the way?

Doubtful - I think that's the big donor tailgate area. They can play around it.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Colonel Angus » 16 Aug 2016, 12:56

Paul Lukas ‏@UniWatch 4m4 minutes ago
Good look at Virginia Tech's new uniforms. Tapered white outlining on helmet stripe is simple but very effective.

- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby ctz31 » 16 Aug 2016, 13:43

Those uniforms are amazing. I'm a fan of their team now and will en joy watching them perform.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby ONTB » 16 Aug 2016, 13:53

Colonel Angus wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:The e-mail with seat locations allegedly went out to donors today. My dad is on a cruise right now so I have no way to reach him, but I think he said he requested seats in the $80 price range. Those seats are seriously going to SUUUUUCK. Image

LDOTL, are you planning to go?

LDOTL, do you have me on mute?

I found a pic taken from approximately where my seats will be. Not too terrible:

I'm cautiously optimistic that I will actually get to see some football and - aided by binoculars - understand what is taking place.

For some reason, I completely missed this. What the hell is the rationale for playing at Bristol? And whose idea was it?
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Colonel Angus » 16 Aug 2016, 14:02

ONTB wrote:For some reason, I completely missed this. What the hell is the rationale for playing at Bristol? And whose idea was it?

From Wikipedia:

In 2005, track owner Bruton Smith made a public offer of $20 million apiece to the University of Tennessee (UT) and Virginia Tech to schedule a non-conference college football game between the powerhouse Vols and Hokies' programs. Smith suggested that grass could be grown in the infield section of the racetrack. Virginia Tech showed much interest and nearly agreed to the proposal, but UT, on the other hand, showed little or no interest and in fact avoided the offer which made this possibility ultimately fall by the wayside.

On October 14, 2013, after years of attempts to schedule a game, Virginia Tech, UT, and Bristol Motor Speedway announced plans for the game to be held on Saturday, September 10, 2016. Organizers envision attendance for the non-conference game, dubbed the Battle at Bristol, College Football's Biggest EVER, to draw 150,000 spectators, which would surpass the current NCAA record for highest single-game attendance of 115,109. Bristol Motor Speedway's location near the Virginia/Tennessee state line places the game about 125 miles (201 km) from the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia and about 110 miles (180 km) from the UT campus in Knoxville.

On November 24, 2015, Knoxville-based Pilot Flying J signed on to be the title sponsor of the game, giving it the official name Pilot Flying J Battle At Bristol.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports