Beamer Ball

Beamer Ball

Postby nova » 24 Sep 2014, 10:13

Post Hokies stuff here.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Re: Beamer Ball

Postby the cheese » 24 Sep 2014, 10:13

Beamer or Bill Snyder, who ya got as best program turnaround artist of the last thirty years?

I say Snyder.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Sep 2014, 10:14

the cheese wrote:Beamer or Bill Snyder, who ya got as best program turnaround artist of the last thirty years?

I say Snyder.

Snyder. Look at what happened when Prince (the other one) took over the program for a couple years.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby nova » 24 Sep 2014, 10:14

the cheese wrote:Beamer or Bill Snyder, who ya got as best program turnaround artist of the last thirty years?

I say Snyder.

I'd say Snyder and then David Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe made Duke a winner. Duke.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Sep 2014, 10:15

I say Snyder.

Do you mean when Beamer first got there and turned the program around? Or are you talking about the last several years in which he has been thoughtfully returning them to the condition in which he found them?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby the cheese » 24 Sep 2014, 10:16

Colonel Angus wrote:

I say Snyder.

Do you mean when Beamer first got there and turned the program around? Or are you talking about the last several years in which he has been thoughtfully returning them to the condition in which he found them?

I'm talking about the entire body of work. From 1987 for Beamer, from 1989 for Snyder.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 24 Sep 2014, 10:20

Colonel Angus wrote:

I say Snyder.

Gotta agree with Ang here, Beamer's in late-stage Fulmer here.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 24 Sep 2014, 10:20

CourtesyFlush wrote:

I say Snyder.

Snyder. Look at what happened when Prince (the other one) took over the program for a couple years.

they made a bowl game before missing out on bowl seasons for 2 straight seasons, just like Snyder's 3 years prior? ;-)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Sep 2014, 10:21

Colonel Angus wrote:

I say Snyder.

That made me chuckle. Well done.

And yeah, Snyder, no question to me. Va Tech posted some pretty good records at least under Beamer's predecessors.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 24 Sep 2014, 10:24

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

I say Snyder.

I am thinking a better comparison is late stage Lloyd Carr. People know he will retire soon, there is no clear choice for a replacement and negative recruiting on that fact abounds. The quality of the program is declining with recruiting down, but still decent. Michigan is still trying to recover from that time period.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby JT99 » 24 Sep 2014, 10:25

The credit for most of Beamer's wins needs to go to this guy...

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby the cheese » 24 Sep 2014, 10:25

mj3528 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

I say Snyder.

I am thinking a better comparison is late stage Lloyd Carr. People know he will retire soon, there is no clear choice for a replacement and negative recruiting on that fact abounds. The quality of the program is declining with recruiting down, but still decent. Michigan is still trying to recover from that time period.

Michigan's trying to recover from five straight years of spook quarterbacks that can't read //that was nova by the way
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Sep 2014, 10:26

Colonel Angus wrote:

I say Snyder.

Hire Bama's OC to replace him and the circle will be complete. Holy shit would that be a great troll at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Make it happen, LDOTL.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 24 Sep 2014, 10:27

JT99 wrote:The credit for most of Beamer's wins needs to go to this guy...

:sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff: :sniff:

#DBU #lunchpail
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 24 Nov 2014, 13:59

The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to College Sports