Dad-gum SEC Football

Dad-gum SEC Football

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 May 2012, 09:08

I can't seem to find a general SEC football thread so I'm creating one. (Mods, if I am overlooking one, feel free to merge/delete.)

The Sporting News ranks the SEC coaches, 1 to 14:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... r-mark-ric

Q: Why is Derek Dooley ranked 14th?

A: Because the SEC only has 14 teams.

:lol:

These rankings look fairly good to me, although I think 5th is high for Franklin. I'd probably switch Franklin with Chizik.

Richt is a tough guy to rank. It would be tough to argue with putting him anywhere from 4th (where they have him) to 8th or 9th.
Last edited by Colonel Angus on 08 Oct 2015, 12:32, edited 2 times in total.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Re: SEC Football: Kneel Before Saban

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 May 2012, 09:30

Remember when Tennessee was good at Football? I dont.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 May 2012, 09:34

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Remember when Tennessee was good at Football? I dont.

I do. :sad:

But I think that's more of a topic for the Derek Dooley: Certified Clown thread.

I was hoping the general SEC thread would be more discussion of Bama, LSU, USCe, and whatnot. You know, relevant teams in the SEC.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 May 2012, 09:39

Colonel Angus wrote:

But I think that's more of a topic for the Derek Dooley: Certified Clown thread.

I was hoping the general SEC thread would be more discussion of Bama, LSU, USCe, and whatnot. You know, relevant teams in the SEC.

Vanderbilt has a good engineering program.

I saw a guy getting gas the other day. He had a Delaware license plate, and a bumper sticker of a high school in DE. However, he also had a Roll Tide bumper sticker, and was wearing a Bama hat, tshirt, and shorts. It was great. #rolltide
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 09 May 2012, 09:47

I'm a little alarmed at them considering the Big 12 to be the 2nd best conference in the game, given that they're awfully top heavy, but overall, agree with the list. Tough conference where a national championship winning coach is considered to be the 7th best in the conference.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 May 2012, 09:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

Vanderbilt has a good engineering program.

I saw a guy getting gas the other day. He had a Delaware license plate, and a bumper sticker of a high school in DE. However, he also had a Roll Tide bumper sticker, and was wearing a Bama hat, tshirt, and shorts. It was great. #rolltide

That's what happens when you kick ass. People used to wear UT shit in random places too.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Re: SEC Football: Home of the National Championship since 20

Postby mister bacon » 09 May 2012, 10:40

good topic! saban can eat a big fat dick. so can the entire bama fan base.

#wareagle
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 09 May 2012, 10:45

Auburn fans were every bit as intolerable this past year, bake. Never, ever, ever, thought I'd live to see the day.

Alas, as my team would have to make a dramatic improvement to be "irrelevant," I may have to stay away from this thread for a while.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mister bacon » 09 May 2012, 10:47

JichaelDick wrote:Auburn fans were every bit as intolerable this past year, bake. Never, ever, ever, thought I'd live to see the day.

Alas, as my team would have to make a dramatic improvement to be "irrelevant," I may have to stay away from this thread for a while.

you bullshittin jike. even if this were accurate, one year after winning a ring versus being that entitled and arrogant even though your team sucks? not the same thing.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 09 May 2012, 10:52

All I'm gonna say is I saw a shitload more blue and orange this past year than I have in my entire life. The bandwagon did empty out around the time the Clemson game happened, though.

Yes, Alabama's fanbase is remarkably arrogant and entitled, I'll admit that. But Auburn was giving them a run for their money in that department last year. I'm hoping the 8-5 season and departures of Dyer and Malzahn will at least temper that for a little while.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 May 2012, 14:44

Announced SEC spring game attendance figures:

Alabama: 78,526
Arkansas: 45,250
Auburn: 43,427
Florida: 38,100
Georgia: 44,117
Kentucky: 4,500
LSU: 33,000
Ole Miss: 25,000
Mississippi State: 22,604
Missouri: 18,614
South Carolina: 34,513
Tennessee: 35,421
Texas A&M: 15,000
Vanderbilt: 8,500

(FWIW, I attended the UT game. I'm not the best crowd estimator, but my reaction to that number was "no way in hell." They made it free this year so there were no tickets and no way to count people other than simply eyeballing it. I love that they added a "421" on the end to make it look "official." Even Kentucky and Vanderbilt were willing to say fuck it and use round numbers for their tiny attendance figures.

This stadium holds approx. 101,000 people. This was the crowd at kickoff: Image The section the picture was taken from had slightly more people in it than the other side (where you can see there aren't many people,) but basically most of the people there were on the sidelines. They completely blocked off the upper deck so there were zero people up there.)

Bama's number is obviously impressive, but Ohio State had more than 81,000 at theirs.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Briandong79 » 09 May 2012, 14:52

An inauspicious start for Mizzou & A&M. At least Kentucky made them look better.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 May 2012, 15:03

What kind of inbred retard would go to a spring practice?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby IhateTomBrady » 09 May 2012, 23:14

Colonel Angus wrote:I can't seem to find a general SEC football thread so I'm creating one. (Mods, if I am overlooking one, feel free to merge/delete.)

The Sporting News ranks the SEC coaches, 1 to 14:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... r-mark-ric

Q: Why is Derek Dooley ranked 14th?

A: Because the SEC only has 14 teams.

:lol:

These rankings look fairly good to me, although I think 5th is high for Franklin. I'd probably switch Franklin with Chizik.

Richt is a tough guy to rank. It would be tough to argue with putting him anywhere from 4th (where they have him) to 8th or 9th.

Joker should be last on the list. Spurrier is too high; his UF legacy is getting him there at three. I disagree about Franklin. He will be a top tier coach once he dumps Vandy for a better gig.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 10 May 2012, 00:36

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:What kind of inbred retard would go to a spring practice?

I know you're trolling but seriously....agreed. You gotta have like nothing going on to actually be hyped for the spring game enough to attend it.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to College Sports