Pick me out a winner, Bobby

Re: Pick me out a winner, Bobby

Postby ONTB » 14 Feb 2012, 15:43

Are we going to get the rest of your do not pick list? Or are you sticking with Oklahoma as your only selection?
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Feb 2012, 17:35

ONTB wrote:Are we going to get the rest of your do not pick list? Or are you sticking with Oklahoma as your only selection?

I have to think about it. I would like Cincinatti to be considered bc they play Halloween Theme music on big defensive downs.

Do not choose: Boise State. I hate their turf and their sense of entitlement.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Feb 2012, 18:50

But they love hate. So do you. Serendipity.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ONTB » 21 May 2012, 10:31

We’re now post signing day and spring games, so we need to bring a little focus to the selection process. Accordingly, here are my current top 8 teams for BSMB.

LSU. BSMB makes a distinct heel turn on his Alabama brethren and jumps to their hated rival. Plus, I think their color scheme will match with BSMB’s sense of style. Purple feels like a good color for him. As a bandwagon pick, they should be a good one. Pretty much considered the first or second best team going into next season. And who wouldn’t want to cheer on a Les Miles team? Oh, the grass eating, going for it on fourth down excitement. Plus BSMB stays with the familiar SEC west. He knows the rivalries and the personalities. Road trip potential: A

West Virginia. Seemed like the initial popular pick for the SOTSG crew. Good time to jump on board as the team moves conferences. BSMB can be there as they form their new rivalries. Exciting offense moving to a conference that plays no defense—have to like that combination. Plus, you have the Dana Holgorsen hair subplot. Maybe we get BSMB a Travon Austin jersey and call it a day? Road trip potential: C+

Michigan. I’m guessing BSMB has probably rooted for Michigan at some point in his life. Probably had a Desmond Howard poster over his bed. Probably hated Lloyd Carr. The ups and downs of Denard Robinson would really give him something to complain about. Plus, I feel like Brady Hoke has a little Andy Reid in him. No matter what happens, Michigan is sure to get a ton of coverage on the world wide leader and that should make BSMB happy. Also, Michigan makes for a nice transition from Alabama, as they open against them to start next season. Road trip potential: B-

Georgia. This makes a ton of sense. With Bacarri Rambo already suspended and Isaiah Crowell always on the verge of suspension, this is a BSMB type team. And how can you not want to root for a QB who will allow one of his offensive linemen to masturbate to him having sex? The fan base expects SEC and national championships each year and if the dawgs are out of it early, they’ll turn their attention to wrestling or red sox baseball. Perfect fans for BSMB. Road trip potential: A+

Clemson. Keeping it in the south, Clemson makes for a perfect fit. Exciting offense, embattled coach, lazy QB with an attitude problem. Superstar level skill players. Drug problems throughout the team. They’ve already had an early dismissal of 5-star running back because he stopped going to class sometime around November last season. And again, purple in the color scheme. Another fan base that expects national championships every year. I can see BSMB leading the Sammy Watkins for Heisman campaign. Road trip potential: B+

Wisconsin. Maybe not the sexiest pick at first glance, but Bret Bielema is sneaky douchey. They’re bringing in another transfer QB, Danny O’Brien and somehow Monte Ball still has eligibility left. Plus, they play at Penn State, which gives BSMB an opportunity to cheer on his new team against the hated child molesters. Road trip potential: B-

Cincinnati. A BSMB request because he likes their colors and that they play Halloween music. Important traits when considering football fandom. On the plus side, they should be a fairly talented team and have an extremely easily schedule. If they get by VA tech, we could be looking at an undefeated season. However, they play at Temple this season. A problem for BSMB? Maybe. Road trip potential: C

USC. Like Michigan, I’m sure BSMB has been a USC fan at some point. They seem to be a consensus pick as one of the top two teams going into this season. We’ve got a potential redemption story for Lane Kiffin unfolding. Plus, a father/son story that will pull at BSMB heart strings. In addition, the likely number one pick in the NFL draft will be QBing this squad and BSMB can give us his in depth breakdowns on Barkley’s skills. Also, if USC does make a run it will bring back the celebrity hanger on fans, which I’m certain BSMB would enjoy. Road trip potential: A+
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby nova » 21 May 2012, 20:38

There's no chance BSMB drives six hours to go to a football game, let alone flying 6 hours and going to gay LA.

#dunce
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby ONTB » 22 May 2012, 09:21

Let's just call this thread an interesting idea for content that didn't pan out and move on.
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 May 2012, 09:29

ONTB wrote:Let's just call this thread an interesting idea for content that didn't pan out and move on.

WSS?

/geez

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Jun 2012, 13:15

I apologize for my lack of committment here. I ordinarily pick out a team by feel each year. Either bc I like the players, fans, coaches, fight song, ranking whatever. For example, I like when Cinci plays the Halloween theme song on big defensive downs. I liked that scrappy white QB on Arkansas St last year. I loved Trent of course, and Dre Kirkpatricks insanity.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Aug 2014, 08:15

JT99 - Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:43 am:
kite - were you actually really invested in college football, please tell me the top five teams you would likely root for

5. Iowa Hawkeyes- This is obviously for my boy Johnny 5. I think Donger talks about Iowa football just a little less than Angus talks about the umm, which team does he root for? I forget. But anyways, it's not nearly to the point where I want to drown myself in a port-a-potty

4. Notre Dame- Why the fuck not? I got red pubes, I'm FACKIN IRISH GUY. Plus I can pretend I'm a super elite program even though my glory days were decades ago. Luckily I've had practice being a Pats' fan. :/

3. Colorado Buffaloes- My cousins live out there and can take me to a game, then get me drunk on free Odell beer.

2. UMass- Nothing is funnier around here than when UMass is better than BC in sports. The butthurt on Chestnut Hill is pulsing.

1. Michigan- Hey big boy ;)

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 16 Feb 2017, 10:35

Since my NC State Wolpfack are headed into the dumpster and will be missing the NCAA tournament again this year I would like to crowd source SOTSG.com for who I should pull for over the next month of the regular season and into the tournament. Help me out, guys!
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 16 Feb 2017, 10:38

CourtesyFlush wrote:Since my NC State Wolpfack are headed into the dumpster and will be missing the NCAA tournament again this year I would like to crowd source SOTSG.com for who I should pull for over the next month of the regular season and into the tournament. Help me out, guys!

Zona.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 16 Feb 2017, 10:39

CourtesyFlush wrote:Since my NC State Wolpfack are headed into the dumpster and will be missing the NCAA tournament again this year I would like to crowd source SOTSG.com for who I should pull for over the next month of the regular season and into the tournament. Help me out, guys!

Middle Tennessee State. Fun team, underdog that can make a run, have a guy named Giddy Potts on the team (who I saw play high school basketball)
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 16 Feb 2017, 10:39

I also need help here, as my Sooners are not even knittin' this year. Four wins in conference. Nine total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mister bacon » 16 Feb 2017, 10:56

speaking of which, who was teh genius who said that beating IU was a 'big win' for another team earlier in the season cause....
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby CourtesyFlush » 16 Feb 2017, 10:58

mister bacon wrote:speaking of which, who was teh genius who said that beating IU was a 'big win' for another team earlier in the season cause....

'Genius' is being kind. 'Village idiot' might be a better description.

But they beat Kansas and Carolina! Two potential #1 seeds!
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports