Pac-12 Football - Guess we need a new thread.

Re: Pac-12 Football - Guess we need a new thread.

Postby Briandong79 » 30 Oct 2013, 09:06

Ex-Oregon player tells Oregon fans to go fuck themselves:
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... yer_t.html
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Dec 2013, 14:57

Myles Jack was named Pac-12 freshman defensive player of the year.

And Pac-12 freshman offensive player of the year.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Mar 2014, 14:08

This is actually pretty funny:

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 19 Nov 2015, 12:13

My take away from this article? Somebody give Mark Mangino a job. Mangino and Leach pulled off two of the most impressive coaching feats of the decade, and then got fucked over by their respective schools. Leach got a second act. Sure, Mangino is a noted and known asshole, but so is Leach and so are half the coaches in college football. Somebody give him a shot. Looking at you, Purdue. Or Maryland. Or Colorado. Or Kansas. Or Minnesota.

The Mangenius stalking the sidelines of TCF stadium in November, face in a heavy-jowled snarl, with Harbaugh's sideline in disarray as the Gophers stun the top 5 Wolverines. God. Boner. MTM knows what I'm talking about.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 19 Nov 2015, 12:29

Maryland's already had their massive tub'o'shit coach prowl the sidelines.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby the cheese » 19 Nov 2015, 14:05

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Maryland's already had their massive tub'o'shit coach prowl the sidelines.

Tub o'shit? You mean tub o'fuckin' victory
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Nov 2015, 14:16

#Mangino4SouthernCal
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 19 Nov 2015, 14:19

JichaelDick wrote:#Mangino4SouthernCal

Nah, that's Chip's job. #MarkManGopher
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Nov 2015, 14:21

the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:#Mangino4SouthernCal

Nah, that's Chip's job. #MarkManGopher

It's a Pac-12 thread, just trying to keep it topical. Mangino in Minnesota--or, hell, Purdue or Illinois--has fun written all over it.

Also, I remember reading Brian Floyd (SBNation Executive Editor and Coug fan) saying Leach needed to be gone after the Portland State debacle. Don't doubt the pirate...
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Dec 2015, 17:49

Cody Kessler has had an interesting five years at USC.

Some highlights:

* As a freshman in 2011, USC won the Pac-12 South with a 10-2 record but because of NCAA sanctions the Trojans could not participate in the post season, including the conference championship game.
* In December, 2011 quarterback Matt Barkley surprisingly announces his return to Troy, leaving Kessler and Max Wittek another year of competing for the backup spot.
* That August, head coach Lane Kiffin said he wouldn't vote USC No. 1 in the coaches poll. Later it was revealed that he did, in fact vote the Trojans No. 1 and Kiffin later gave up his vote.
* In August, 2012 former USC defensive tackle Armond Armstead sued USC, accusing team doctors of giving him an improper Toradol shot that caused him to have a heart attack. The lawsuit was settled in April, 2015.
* In 2012 against Colorado, Kessler's jersey number was switched from 6 to 35, the same number as punter Kyle Negrete. Kessler was used on a two-point conversion in the first half wearing No. 35 and later moved back to No. 6 for the second half. The NCAA rulebook states: "Numbers shall not be changed during the game to deceive opponents."
* In 2012 in the second half of USC's loss to Oregon at the Coliseum, the Trojans were determined to have deflated the game balls and were later fined and reprimanded by the Pac-12 for doing so. Kiffin maintained that a student manager acted alone deflating the footballs.
* Despite Barkley returning and a preseason No. 1 ranking, USC struggled to a 7-6 finish with a 21-7 loss to Georgia Tech in the Sun Bowl. The Trojans were the first team in history to start the year No. 1 and finish unranked.
* In 2013, despite Kessler's superior performance during spring football and fall camp, Kiffin would not name him the starting quarterback. Through the first two games of the season, Kessler played the first half and Wittek played the second half, resulting in a win over Hawaii and an inexplicable 10-7 home loss to Washington State. Kessler started for the remainder of the season.
* After flying home from a 62-41 loss to Arizona State, Kiffin was fired on the tarmac at Los Angeles International Airport.
* Cody Kessler remained the starting quarterback for the rest of the season, playing eight games for interim head coach Ed Orgeron and one game for interim head coach Clay Helton.
* Orgeron led the team to a 6-2 record down the stretch including an upset of No. 4 Stanford. Despite winning over the players and the fans, Orgeron was told by AD Pat Haden that he would not be retained as the head coach. Orgeron met with his players for a tearful goodbye, leaving Kessler without a head coach in-season for a second time.
* USC appointed Helton as interim head coach for the Las Vegas Bowl after announcing it had hired Steve Sarkisian from Washington. A controversial hire, Sarkisian was seen as "Lane Kiffin 2.0" by many.
* In August, 2014 fellow captain Josh Shaw sprained both of his ankles and created a story to explain the injuries. Several days later, despite serious doubts, USC released a story declaring that Shaw was a hero after saving his drowning nephew. It was later revealed that story was a complete fabrication and Shaw was suspended by the team.
* In September, 2014 former USC cornerback Brian Baucham filed a lawsuit against USC and Kiffin claiming they were negligent by forcing him to play when he was ill, leaving Baucham with cardiopulmonary damage and a brain injury.
* In May, 2015 star tight end Bryce Dixon was expelled by USC following a Title IX sexual misconduct investigation. A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge put a stay on Dixon's expulsion, but USC would not allow the 19-year-old back on the team.
* In August, 2015 Sarkisian announced that Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick, USC's only other returning scholarship tight end, would miss the season to focus on academics.
* Later that month at Salute to Troy, an apparently intoxicated Sarkisian addressed the crowd of nearly 3,000 people cursing and slurring his words. He later apologized for his behavior and suffered no punishment from the USC administration.
* Three days after a 17-12 upset loss to Washington, Sarkisian was a no-show for football practice. An hour and a half later Haden announced he had put Sarkisian on an indefinite leave of absence with Helton taking over again as the interim head coach. Less than 24 hours later, Sarkisian was officially terminated.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Goose » 17 Jan 2017, 10:18

Looks like Oregon players are a little soft.

http://deadspin.com/report-three-oregon ... 1791270809

Taggart may have to trade in his bus for an ambulance if this keeps up.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Jan 2017, 10:19

Goose wrote:Looks like Oregon players are a little soft.

I'm excited that we don't have the most high profile rhabdo scandal anymore.

In all seriousness, that's serious shit, hope the players are ok. Overzealous S&C coaches matched with kids who didn't make a bowl game being a bit fat and out of shape coming off break is not a good combo.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 17 Jan 2017, 10:51

Briandong79 wrote:

In all seriousness, that's serious shit, hope the players are ok. Overzealous S&C coaches matched with kids who didn't make a bowl game being a bit fat and out of shape coming off break is not a good combo.

It's a new S&C right? Lucky he didn't kill one of them.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mister bacon » 17 Jan 2017, 12:00

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

It's a new S&C right? Lucky he didn't kill one of them.

day ain't over yet.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby God Shamgod » 17 Jan 2017, 13:19

If it's the same sc from USF, the dude is built like mark henry
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports