1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UConn

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Nov 2016, 09:15

Frank the Tank wrote:Notre Dame will be tough.

Having the top three picks in last year's WNBA draft all graduate last season is gonna hurt. Rebuilding year for UConn. Good year to bet against them.

We don't rebuild, we reload.

Top 3 picks in one draft?

Jesus, what a sport.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 28969
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby mister bacon » 16 Nov 2016, 15:22

uconn mens bball wha happened?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25396
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Nov 2016, 19:07

mister bacon wrote:uconn mens bball wha happened?


They caught a bad case of teh s uck I guess.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby mister bacon » 16 Nov 2016, 22:20

Frank the Tank wrote:
mister bacon wrote:uconn mens bball wha happened?


They caught a bad case of teh s uck I guess.


This is gonna end with them getting a 10 seed and making a final for run isn't it?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25396
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Nov 2016, 06:56

mister bacon wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
mister bacon wrote:uconn mens bball wha happened?


They caught a bad case of teh s uck I guess.


This is gonna end with them getting a 10 seed and making a final for run isn't it?


The nice thing about being in the AAC instead of a real conference is that a tourney title is always in play.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Nov 2016, 07:02

Frank the Tank wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
mister bacon wrote:uconn mens bball wha happened?


They caught a bad case of teh s uck I guess.


This is gonna end with them getting a 10 seed and making a final for run isn't it?


The nice thing about being in the AAC instead of a real conference is that a tourney title is always in play.


Double-post to celebrate UConn's first men's BB win of the year! (although they're still 0-3 against the spread)

And the UConn women beat Baylor by 11 last night. Maybe they are better than I thought. Still don't think they cut down the nets doe.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 2011 NCAA Basketball Champions UConn

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Nov 2016, 23:11

Briandong79 on 12/12/13 wrote:Hey, you guys made a good coaching hire, I think Bobby Diaco will do really well for them [/Iowa homer]


I think we can call the Diaco era a miserable failure at this point. He needs to go. His mismanagement this season was epic.
Losing at home by 25 to a team that had lost 14 straight in conference should be the final straw.

ETA: Oh, I see he has a $5 million buyout clause in his contract that was inserted during last year's extension. Good job UConn. Well, at least Diaco is shackled to a dead-end athletic department. There's some schadenfreude in that.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 2011 NCAA Basketball Champions UConn

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Nov 2016, 09:20

Frank the Tank wrote:
Briandong79 on 12/12/13 wrote:Hey, you guys made a good coaching hire, I think Bobby Diaco will do really well for them [/Iowa homer]


I think we can call the Diaco era a miserable failure at this point. He needs to go. His mismanagement this season was epic.
Losing at home by 25 to a team that had lost 14 straight in conference should be the final straw.

ETA: Oh, I see he has a $5 million buyout clause in his contract that was inserted during last year's extension. Good job UConn. Well, at least Diaco is shackled to a dead-end athletic department. There's some schadenfreude in that.


Yeah, he's been a disappointment. Not really sure what the ceiling is for Connecticut football but he was well short of that.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29354
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: 2011 NCAA Basketball Champions UConn

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Nov 2016, 09:36

Briandong79 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Briandong79 on 12/12/13 wrote:Hey, you guys made a good coaching hire, I think Bobby Diaco will do really well for them [/Iowa homer]


I think we can call the Diaco era a miserable failure at this point. He needs to go. His mismanagement this season was epic.
Losing at home by 25 to a team that had lost 14 straight in conference should be the final straw.

ETA: Oh, I see he has a $5 million buyout clause in his contract that was inserted during last year's extension. Good job UConn. Well, at least Diaco is shackled to a dead-end athletic department. There's some schadenfreude in that.


Yeah, he's been a disappointment. Not really sure what the ceiling is for Connecticut football but he was well short of that.


Fully admit we have a low ceiling, but going 16 quarters between touchdowns in the AAC after burning your quarterback's redshirt? That's not ok.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Feb 2017, 12:50

nutmeg state people, like? no like? no care?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24014
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Feb 2017, 13:06

Rodney Farva wrote:nutmeg state people, like? no like? no care?


Like. Sure I'd love to see UConn in the ACC or Big Ten, but let's stop kidding ourselves about that happening. UConn can't let the hope of football bring down its awesome basketball programs. It's already starting to affect recruiting on the men's side. Need to stop that slide. I understand that for 98%+ of football schools football dwarfs basketball in revenue. It's time UConn accepted that it's in the two percent. Fans were happy when we were a basketball school. The Big East is an amazing basketball conference. This would be great for absolutely everything but football, and I am ready to say "fuck football".

ETA: The denial is already out.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Feb 2017, 13:28

Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:nutmeg state people, like? no like? no care?


Like. Sure I'd love to see UConn in the ACC or Big Ten, but let's stop kidding ourselves about that happening. UConn can't let the hope of football bring down its awesome basketball programs. It's already starting to affect recruiting on the men's side. Need to stop that slide. I understand that for 98%+ of football schools football dwarfs basketball in revenue. It's time UConn accepted that it's in the two percent. Fans were happy when we were a basketball school. The Big East is an amazing basketball conference. This would be great for absolutely everything but football, and I am ready to say "fuck football".

ETA: The denial is already out.

You guys belong in the Big East. You're one of the cornerstones of that conference.

Also, please take Syracuse, Pitt, and BC on your way out. Kthanksbye.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13459
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby Frank the Tank » 15 Feb 2017, 13:32

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:nutmeg state people, like? no like? no care?


Like. Sure I'd love to see UConn in the ACC or Big Ten, but let's stop kidding ourselves about that happening. UConn can't let the hope of football bring down its awesome basketball programs. It's already starting to affect recruiting on the men's side. Need to stop that slide. I understand that for 98%+ of football schools football dwarfs basketball in revenue. It's time UConn accepted that it's in the two percent. Fans were happy when we were a basketball school. The Big East is an amazing basketball conference. This would be great for absolutely everything but football, and I am ready to say "fuck football".

ETA: The denial is already out.

You guys belong in the Big East. You're one of the cornerstones of that conference.

Also, please take Syracuse, Pitt, and BC on your way out. Kthanksbye.


I would love to renew the rivalries with Syracuse and Pitt. BC belongs in some Quebeçois junior trade school conference.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Feb 2017, 13:32

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:nutmeg state people, like? no like? no care?


Like. Sure I'd love to see UConn in the ACC or Big Ten, but let's stop kidding ourselves about that happening. UConn can't let the hope of football bring down its awesome basketball programs. It's already starting to affect recruiting on the men's side. Need to stop that slide. I understand that for 98%+ of football schools football dwarfs basketball in revenue. It's time UConn accepted that it's in the two percent. Fans were happy when we were a basketball school. The Big East is an amazing basketball conference. This would be great for absolutely everything but football, and I am ready to say "fuck football".

ETA: The denial is already out.

You guys belong in the Big East. You're one of the cornerstones of that conference.

Also, please take Syracuse, Pitt, and BC on your way out. Kthanksbye.


Can I offer you a Maryland and Rutgers while we're at it?
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11262
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: 1999, 2004, 2011 and 2014 NCAA Basketball Champions UCon

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Feb 2017, 13:34

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:nutmeg state people, like? no like? no care?


Like. Sure I'd love to see UConn in the ACC or Big Ten, but let's stop kidding ourselves about that happening. UConn can't let the hope of football bring down its awesome basketball programs. It's already starting to affect recruiting on the men's side. Need to stop that slide. I understand that for 98%+ of football schools football dwarfs basketball in revenue. It's time UConn accepted that it's in the two percent. Fans were happy when we were a basketball school. The Big East is an amazing basketball conference. This would be great for absolutely everything but football, and I am ready to say "fuck football".

ETA: The denial is already out.

You guys belong in the Big East. You're one of the cornerstones of that conference.

Also, please take Syracuse, Pitt, and BC on your way out. Kthanksbye.


Can I offer you a Maryland and Rutgers while we're at it?

I'll take Maryland. Rutgers can slide into a Jersey swamp.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13459
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest