It's All About The U!!!

It's All About The U!!!

Postby Theny » 01 Sep 2009, 22:31

Yeah bitch, Tha U gets its own thread.

kasko wrote:Can we get a full post on your expectations for the U? I'm actually looking forward to watching them this year.

Why thank you for asking kasko my good man. Season preview for the Canes.

a.) Jacory gets the reigns full time now. This is a good thing, the offense clicked much better with him last year, even with that shit-tastic OC we had. Mark Whipple is calling plays now, which should greatly help the offense, open things up for all those WR's, and there's a ton of good ones. They are fucking loaded at WR and TE.

b.) I'm concerned about the defensive front 7 a little bit. There's been some injuries (namely Adawale Ojomo getting his jaw broken by a walkon in the locker room, he might be out for Labor Day), and Larry Coker left that part of the team a little weak, but still...the rest of the D is so good it probably won't matter much except for the GT game. Also, we have a guy named Ray Ray Armstrong on the team now who's a fuckin' world beater out there (and really no UM team is complete without a guy named "Ray Ray"), and Shawn Spence is a fucking beast...1st rounder in a year or two no doubt.

c.) The schedule and the infamous first four games: At FSU, GT, at VT, Oklahomo. Obviously Miami will play anyone, any time, anywhere, but MY GOD is that brutal. All top 25 teams. I'm expecting and hoping for a 2-2 split in those games (probably FSU and OU for the wins), but if they get out of there 3-1 or even 4-0 look out. I'm really starting to lean towards a 08 Alabama coming out party for Jacory and the boys, I really am. They are just so loaded with talent right now.

PREDICTION: I don't fucking know, 9 wins sounds good to me.

WHO'S LUTHER CAMPBELL??? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU THENY? -nova
Last edited by Theny on 29 Nov 2009, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Re: It's All About The U!

Postby IhateTomBrady » 01 Sep 2009, 22:48

You're on crack if you think you're going 9-3. You might start 0-4. Predicted losses: FSU, Ga. Tech, OU, Wake Forest. Who knows about @ Va Tech too.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 01 Sep 2009, 22:51

Wake Forest, dude?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby someguysomewhere » 01 Sep 2009, 22:52

What's the rationale for The U playing a real schedule instead of some Sun Belt, MAC and 1-AA teams? Is it just because the ACC is a bit shitty or just a bunch of old return games that they need to play or what? Really seems to buck the trend of what other schools are trying to do these days.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby IhateTomBrady » 01 Sep 2009, 22:56

Theny wrote:Wake Forest, dude?

I know but Randy Shannon is a fucking awful coach. Jim Grobe on coaching talent alone could pull it off.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 01 Sep 2009, 23:01

someguysomewhere wrote:What's the rationale for The U playing a real schedule instead of some Sun Belt, MAC and 1-AA teams? Is it just because the ACC is a bit shitty or just a bunch of old return games that they need to play or what? Really seems to buck the trend of what other schools are trying to do these days.

I don't know, it's just the attitude they take towards things. And I'll give credit to FSU and Va. Tech too, they tend to take a somewhat similar approach. Va. Tech opens with friggin' Alabama. But I can't think of any major Div. 1 team having a tougher start ever than this one for Miami. If they beat FSU it's on, bitchez. And I really think they will.

IhateTomBrady wrote:I know but Randy Shannon is a fucking awful coach.

I would tend to agree with you but in college football great leadership is all about delegation. Randy made a fantastic hire in Mark Whipple, let him deal with the offense and Randy and the DC can handle the defense, since that's Randy's specialty. Well, that and recruiting, because he's doing an excellent job recruiting...bringing back the "State of Miami" and all that shit.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Theny » 06 Sep 2009, 09:26

So umm...yeah. That game against OU might be looking alright, Va Tech looked shitty....this game tomorrow might end up being the toughest one.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby TheDooze » 06 Sep 2009, 09:31

Miami will beat Oklahoma by 17, if Bradford does not play that night.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 07 Sep 2009, 23:30

Jacory is my homeboy! Fuck I was suicidal (maybe) after that pick six and he got hurt. Dude is money in the bank though.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Sep 2009, 08:04

That was a great game, hopefully it is the start of a return to relevance for both teams, so that the NY Post doesn't do this again next season:
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Sep 2009, 09:15

nice work getting both helmets wrong

That was a great game. Great win for 'us' last night.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Theny » 08 Sep 2009, 09:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Great win for 'us' last night.

^5 balls. You too, bslh.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Bricks » 08 Sep 2009, 12:11

God damn I hate the NY Post. Had someone not specified what paper that was I'd have assumed it was something like the Miami-Dade Country Tri-Weekly Alt, not a national publication.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 08 Sep 2009, 13:49

You're mistaken theen, there will be a rematch in Tampa in December.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 08 Sep 2009, 14:04

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:You're mistaken theen, there will be a rematch in Tampa in December.

Oh definitely. And probably every year after this.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to College Sports