NCAA...HONKY!!!!

Re: NCAA...HONKY!!!!

Postby chrisco » 06 Apr 2017, 09:35

Ok folks, its time for my Frozen Four predictions. This post is slightly better than Theny's work in the Masters thread, but below Coon Chicken so set expectations accordingly.

Notre Dame vs. Denver

One of these teams is the fourth best team in Hockey East, the other is the best team in the country. I've seen the fourth best team in Hockey East play maybe 3 or 4 times this year (thanks NBCSN!) and Denver play one period.

Denver should absolutely murder them. I've seen nothing from Notre Dame suggesting they have the skills to keep up with these guys. They've strung together a nice run of gritty late season play that's gotten them wins in ugly fashion, but they don't have the horses here and this is where class matters (its a horse racing term not a socio economic judgement about Olive Garden people!).

Harvard vs UMD

I've seen both of these teams play. One is the second best team in the country, the other is the third best team in the country. Which is which depends on the week, but right now Harvard is playing at an elite level and UMD didn't impress me in their OT win over my Terriers. I think this will come down to style of play and energy (yes a generic cop out when you don't know personnel that well), or if Madsen continues his stellar play for the Crimson.

Also we need to note the Donato storyline here. The dad is the coach and was a key guy on their last chip in 89(?), and the son is prettay good.

Since its all about Boston, we give the edge to Harvard here.

Chip Game: Denver vs Harvard

This will be a damn good game, and I am sorta regretting that I'll miss it to head to Citi to see Thor. Slight edge to Denver, but the sentiment will be for Harvard.

I'm going Denver here.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Oct 2017, 11:07

We're going up to Vermont this weekend for parent's weekend, and we'll go to the honky game vs Colorado College. Gutterson looks like a cool arena and it's a sell out, so I imagine it will be a great atmosphere. Really looking forward to it.

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Oct 2017, 11:57

That looks fun. I hope you enjoy your time up there. Thank you for sharing.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 04 Oct 2017, 15:04

I went to a honky game at UVM once, circa 2002. They played UConn, maybe. I don't remember much of anything about the game or the arena. It was fun. I had fun.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 04 Oct 2017, 15:06

TheWolf wrote:I went to a honky game at UVM once, circa 2002. They played UConn, maybe. I don't remember much of anything about the game or the arena. It was fun. I had fun.

I think I went to a game there, but it could just be that I've seen UVM play at BU and UMass and watched them at home on the teevee many times.

No way to know.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Oct 2017, 15:07

TheWolf wrote:I went to a honky game at UVM once, circa 2002. They played UConn, maybe. I don't remember much of anything about the game or the arena. It was fun. I had fun.

Sounds like fun. I am glad you enjoyed your time there. Thank you for sharing.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 07 Oct 2017, 22:19

Great arena, great atmosphere. We were between one of the goals and a corner, about 5-6 rows up. Student section to one side of us and the pep band (which was actually prettay, prettay good!) to the other. Good, close game, Colorado College won 4-3. UVM pulled the goalie for the last 1:30 which is always good fun.

Colorado College has a player named Ockey. UVM has a player named Puffer. In each period the student section counts down to 4:20 left and then cheers. Okay.

Saw the woman hockey team come in from their road trip to UConn. If you are into super cute, athletic surfbordts, this is the team for you.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Oct 2017, 09:04

I seen my UNH Wilddeadcatbounces defeat UMass Lowell on Saturday night.

Don't look now, but we're undefeated in Hockey East. Suck it, haterz.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 09 Oct 2017, 13:43

I'm the number 2 team in the country, and apparently started my season Sept 29th against Union. After that we played an exhibition against Prince Edward Island, and then took care of Quinnipiac last night.

Excited to see my goalie Oettinger back between the pipes.

This is Keith Tkachuk's kid:

His name is Brady. I hope he is good at scoring goals and has learned that no means no.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Goose » 09 Oct 2017, 14:09

chrisco wrote:I'm the number 2 team in the country, and apparently started my season Sept 29th against Union. After that we played an exhibition against Prince Edward Island, and then took care of Quinnipiac last night.

Excited to see my goalie Oettinger back between the pipes.

This is Keith Tkachuk's kid:

His name is Brady. I hope he is good at scoring goals and has learned that no means no.

I'm guessing he's only learned one of the two.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby chrisco » 09 Oct 2017, 14:46

So I just picked up tix for the big BU/Cornell tilt in the mecca of college honky Thanksgiving weekend.

Ticketmaster hit me for an $18.50 per ticket surcharge. Jeebus christ you assholes. Its amazing that in 2017, these melonheads are still running this scam on America. I'm guessing that 90% of on campus honky tickets cost less than that surcharge amount.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 11 Oct 2017, 20:31

Double posting because I can Honk if I want to...

1. Just checked the TV schedule (http://www.uscho.com/tv/#tv) and my Terriers are on once. On a Providence UHF station.

2. Not only are we a one and done school now, but we are also a one and done legacy school. Ty Amonte (Tony's kid) is a Frosh along side the Tkachuk kid. I'm starting to get nervous that David Quinn is taking hundreds of dollars to steer kids from the US Hockey Development Program into Tacks.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 16 Oct 2017, 07:42

So I got slept. At home. Against Minnesota Tech State.

I’m encouraged by our work ethic and how hard we played against a team that is incredibly well coached,” Quinn said. “We just played against a team that plays a man’s game. They’re physical, and they’re fast. And I don’t say this critically, but they don’t have a 20-year-old in their lineup. I’m not making excuses, but we go to battle people and we lose the battles. Hopefully in the next few months we’ll win more of those battles and create more scoring chances for ourselves.”

Yup, that's the problem with running out a bunch of children. Let's see what this team looks like in late Jan.

chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 16 Oct 2017, 07:52

I achieved a minor upset, beating 9th-ranked Providence 4-3 in OT. Nice bounce-back game after getting trounced by the Badgers on Friday.

I watched 0 seconds of either game, and didn't even know for sure that the season had started until I saw sco's BU post this morning. #sportsfan
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 16 Oct 2017, 15:06

#DoItForDick

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports