Postby PhillyJim76 » 28 Feb 2017, 13:43

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:HOFer Dan Kiss

Haha yes. HOFer Dan Kiss
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Re: National Signing Day/Recruiting

Postby God Shamgod » 13 Apr 2017, 18:38

FSU just got a commitment from Asante Samuel Jr.

You are old.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Apr 2017, 09:37

I didn't realize that Michael Porter Jr's mom is Lisa Becker. I remember hearing about her when I was growing up, she averaged over 50 ppg in HS (I believe during the era of 6 on 6 though) and then was a stud at Iowa. Good genes to come from.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 18 Apr 2017, 09:46

Briandong79 wrote:I didn't realize that Michael Porter Jr's mom is Lisa Becker. I remember hearing about her when I was growing up, she averaged over 50 ppg in HS (I believe during the era of 6 on 6 though) and then was a stud at Iowa. Good genes to come from.

6 on 6 basketball is such a weird concept.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 18 Apr 2017, 09:51

Briandong79 wrote:I didn't realize that Michael Porter Jr's mom is Lisa Becker. I remember hearing about her when I was growing up, she averaged over 50 ppg in HS (I believe during the era of 6 on 6 though) and then was a stud at Iowa. Good genes to come from.

Ha, he did end up at Missouri? Jesus.

Remind me to tell Little Pitino to start hiring the parents of top recruits.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby nova » 30 Jan 2018, 12:54

A decent article from USA Today one of the top 8th grade basketball players in America. I happened to Google this kid a few days ago because he plays in a league where my nephew played, and I still follow their Instagram account. Apparently, he commutes about 90 miles from York, PA (one of the shittiest places I've ever visited) down to the DC area every weekend to play elite basketball. The fact that private schools in DC and Baltimore are recruiting a kid who would undoubtedly need to live with someone, or uproot their entire family is ridiculous. I understand fully that playing for these programs unlock significant opportunities; however, if this kid is the real deal and already playing for a top flight AAU program (Team Thrill is on the Under Armour circuit)...he will get noticed wherever he plays his high schoool ball.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby nova » 05 Feb 2018, 14:40

nova wrote:A decent article from USA Today one of the top 8th grade basketball players in America. I happened to Google this kid a few days ago because he plays in a league where my nephew played, and I still follow their Instagram account. Apparently, he commutes about 90 miles from York, PA (one of the shittiest places I've ever visited) down to the DC area every weekend to play elite basketball. The fact that private schools in DC and Baltimore are recruiting a kid who would undoubtedly need to live with someone, or uproot their entire family is ridiculous. I understand fully that playing for these programs unlock significant opportunities; however, if this kid is the real deal and already playing for a top flight AAU program (Team Thrill is on the Under Armour circuit)...he will get noticed wherever he plays his high schoool ball.

Update: this kid is playing for IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL. About 1,100 miles from home.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby the cheese » 05 Feb 2018, 14:41

nova wrote:
nova wrote:A decent article from USA Today one of the top 8th grade basketball players in America. I happened to Google this kid a few days ago because he plays in a league where my nephew played, and I still follow their Instagram account. Apparently, he commutes about 90 miles from York, PA (one of the shittiest places I've ever visited) down to the DC area every weekend to play elite basketball. The fact that private schools in DC and Baltimore are recruiting a kid who would undoubtedly need to live with someone, or uproot their entire family is ridiculous. I understand fully that playing for these programs unlock significant opportunities; however, if this kid is the real deal and already playing for a top flight AAU program (Team Thrill is on the Under Armour circuit)...he will get noticed wherever he plays his high schoool ball.

Update: this kid is playing for IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL. About 1,100 miles from home.

You act like this doesn't happen every year in Texas for kids who would at best never sniff the field at SMU or Stephen F. Austin.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby paje » 06 Feb 2018, 07:14

National Signing Day tomorrow!

paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby God Shamgod » 07 Feb 2018, 11:56

The early period kind of took the craziness out of it. Most of it. I liked the kid that just threw all the hats on the ground and then pulled out another hat.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby mj3528 » 07 Feb 2018, 12:43

God Shamgod wrote:The early period kind of took the craziness out of it. Most of it. I liked the kid that just threw all the hats on the ground and then pulled out another hat.

Is Taggart going to be able to rally to sign a decent class after a slow early signing day?

I see Urb, stole that 5 star tackle out of Tampa, although I don't think he had Florida State high on his list. He seemed more interested in Florida.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Theny » 07 Feb 2018, 13:33

Surtain Jr went to Bama. Lame.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Feb 2018, 13:36

Iowa signed a black LB from Georgia and people around here are acting like they just got Patrick Willis in his prime. Dude is a 3* guy, might want to slow our roll a bit.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Feb 2018, 14:34

Briandong79 wrote:Iowa signed a black LB from Georgia and people around here are acting like they just got Patrick Willis in his prime. Dude is a 3* guy, might want to slow our roll a bit.

P. Willie was a 3-star guy
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Previous

Return to College Sports