More than just Dook and UNC...ACC Basketball

Re: More than just Dook and UNC...ACC Basketball

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 Mar 2017, 13:57

CourtesyFlush wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Theny wrote:
TheWolf wrote:My statement was more a general "tournaments will probably make more money in bigger markets" statement. I have no issue with the argument that NYC doesn't make sense for the ACC Tourney based on geography. So I guess Boeheim's not actually right since he's talking about NY specifically. I'm sure the ACC tourney does just fine in Greensboro, but having absolutely zero knowledge of the actual numbers, I'd expect it to do better in Atlanta or DC or Charlotte. Then again, if you give a shit about the ACC tourney you're watching it no matter where it's played. I probably don't have a point.

It should be in Charlotte/NYC/DC/Atlanta/Miami. Just rotate those 5 cities. NYC is on the Atlantic coast after all!

NYC can't have the ACC and Big East, and the Big East has to be in NYC.

NYC will have THREE tournaments next year!

serial? that's some bullshit
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 09 Mar 2017, 13:59

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Theny wrote:
TheWolf wrote:My statement was more a general "tournaments will probably make more money in bigger markets" statement. I have no issue with the argument that NYC doesn't make sense for the ACC Tourney based on geography. So I guess Boeheim's not actually right since he's talking about NY specifically. I'm sure the ACC tourney does just fine in Greensboro, but having absolutely zero knowledge of the actual numbers, I'd expect it to do better in Atlanta or DC or Charlotte. Then again, if you give a shit about the ACC tourney you're watching it no matter where it's played. I probably don't have a point.

It should be in Charlotte/NYC/DC/Atlanta/Miami. Just rotate those 5 cities. NYC is on the Atlantic coast after all!

Vegas has 4: Pac-12, WCC, Moutain West and the WAC
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 09 Mar 2017, 14:03

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Theny wrote:

B1G is moving its tournament to a week earlier to have it at MSG. ACC is at Barclays again, and the Big East is at MSG the same weekend as ACC.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 09 Mar 2017, 14:03

Greatest city in the world!
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 09 Mar 2017, 14:16

TheWolf wrote:Greatest city in the world!

And the entire city will be talking about the Yankees pitching!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Mar 2017, 10:06

I've got the ACC fixing the semifinal matches tonight to rig it to Duke/ND in tomorrow night's final. Because New York.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Mar 2017, 10:12

CourtesyFlush wrote:I've got the ACC fixing the semifinal matches tonight to rig it to Duke/ND in tomorrow night's final. Because New York.

But won't that hurt UNC's claim to a #1 seed? Would they want to lose out on that? Because I can't see Dook getting a 1 even if they beat ND and UNC
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Mar 2017, 10:22

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I've got the ACC fixing the semifinal matches tonight to rig it to Duke/ND in tomorrow night's final. Because New York.

But won't that hurt UNC's claim to a #1 seed? Would they want to lose out on that? Because I can't see Dook getting a 1 even if they beat ND and UNC

Duke ain't getting a #1 if they beat UNC and ND/FSU. They'd probably take Louisville's 2 at that point. But yeah you and I know Ninja Swoff is gonna rig it to help his alma mater. But he loves those dolla dolla bills so it would help eyeballs for tomorrow night's game if it's Duke/ND. I have no point here. Ok.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Mar 2017, 10:30

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Duke ain't getting a #1 if they beat UNC and ND/FSU. They'd probably take Louisville's 2 at that point. But yeah you and I know Ninja Swoff is gonna rig it to help his alma mater. But he loves those dolla dolla bills so it would help eyeballs for tomorrow night's game if it's Duke/ND. I have no point here. Ok.

I think the point is go seminoles!
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 Mar 2017, 10:33

CourtesyFlush wrote:

I think the point is go seminoles!

Indeed!

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 17 Mar 2017, 16:56

CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:NCSU is much better than Mississippi State. But yeah, that's how it goes: flagship mocks land grant.

Curt, who would be on your short list of coaches for NCSU to get that would be attainable? To me, Gregg Marshall at a place like NCSU would be a grand slam hire.

Gregg Marshall ain't coming here. That ship sailed when we hired Sidney Lowe instead. I can't get through typing 'we hired Sidney Lowe instead' without wanting to shoot myself in the head. Or laugh. Or both.

Archie Miller is the hot name right now because he's a former player, his wife's an alum, and he's done pretty well at Dayton. But you know he's got his eyes on Ohio State or IU. I'm putting the odds of him coming to Raleigh at 30%. Would love for us to hire him but it ain't happening. And if OSU fires Matta (or he resigns as has been rumored) then Archie will be in their crosshairs.

Other names that will be thrown around but won't come:
Mick Cronin (Cincinnati)
Chris Mack (Xavier)
Frank Martin (South Carolina)
Chris Holtmann (Butler)

A few other names that I'm hearing thrown around that would be attainable:
Kevin Keatts (UNC-Wilmington) - might be the #1 choice for NC State fans if Archie Miller isn't in the picture
LeVelle Moton (North Carolina Central University) - has built a solid small major program at NCCU
Will Wade (VCU) - took over for Shaka so I'm leery of him building a program on his own
Matt McCall (UT-Chattanooga) - young, up and coming coach from the Billy Donovan tree
Cuonzo Martin (Cal) - got run out of Knoxville and has done pretty well at Cal

Who I don't want but will be thrown around as candidates:
Bruce Weber (Kansas State) - solid but underwhelming overall
Seth Greenberg (ESPN) - would follow the Gottfried hiring routine

Not going to happen in a million years:
Nate McMillan
Herb Sendek
Jim Valvano's hologram

Ended up being Kevin Keatts. Solid work at UNC-W the past three years. Former Pitino assistant at Lousville. Did a phenomenal job at Hargrave Military Academy. Checks three boxes--high major pedigree, success as a head coach, and can recruit. UNC and Dook--WE'RE COMING FOR YOU BASTARDS.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 Mar 2017, 09:57

am i the only one who thinks jim boeheim is a scummy SOB who has that school wrapped around his grubby little finger?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Mar 2017, 10:02

Rodney Farva wrote:am i the only one who thinks jim boeheim is a scummy SOB who has that school wrapped around his grubby little finger?

TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Mar 2017, 10:05

i think the only people who don't have that opinion live in NY state
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby ctz31 » 20 Mar 2017, 10:13

I enjoy being a cuse hater because so many people around here pretend to be big fans. Its really the only team i'm "that guy" asshole fan that hates on the local squad just to be a dick. I did root for them when future NBA lottery selection Jon Flynn attended.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports