Team Speed? What's That? (B1G Football)

Re: Team Speed? What's That? (B1G Football)

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Sep 2017, 09:11

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
MisterTambourineMan - Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 am: ya'll sleeping on tyler Johnson, wait that reminds me I need to make a pj fleck post

He is a weird, earnest little man that is the personification of a pull-and-talk doll filled with coachspeak.

So, you're not #RowingTheBoat?

Can somebody explain Rowing The Boat to me? Are there boats in Minnesota? The only thing I remember from my time in Minneapolis is hot bitches and Taco Johns.

No, no boats. Over 10k lakes, but not one boat.

Yeah, I'm #rowing, but he's a weird dude. I think Notre Dame is going to enjoy him in a year or two.

I need him to make a crazy 4th down call to win a game so my gameday sign with his picture and giant testicles with the caption 'PJ Fleck and the Fleckstones' can make sense
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 13 Sep 2017, 09:12

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
MisterTambourineMan - Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 am: ya'll sleeping on tyler Johnson, wait that reminds me I need to make a pj fleck post

He is a weird, earnest little man that is the personification of a pull-and-talk doll filled with coachspeak.

Can somebody explain Rowing The Boat to me? Are there boats in Minnesota? The only thing I remember from my time in Minneapolis is hot bitches and Taco Johns.

Yeah, I'm #rowing, but he's a weird dude. I think Notre Dame is going to enjoy him in a year or two.

I need him to make a crazy 4th down call to win a game so my gameday sign with his picture and giant testicles with the caption 'PJ Fleck and the Fleckstones' can make sense

#smartsexyfunnyyokel
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Sep 2017, 09:19

the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

Seriously, though, why is rowing the boat significant?

#cantbebotheredtoduckduckgothis

Because he's a weirdo with weird slogans.

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:It is the Land of 10,000 Lakes (still has fewer lakes than Michigan)

Upon a lazy close-ish inspection, Michigan has 6,537 lakes ≥ 10.0 acres and Minnesota has 11,842 lakes ≥ 10 acres. I believe Michigan is juicing their numbers to inflate their case.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 13 Sep 2017, 09:26

God damn it, you made me look for and read a story about a dead kid that I didn't know about.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 13 Sep 2017, 09:27

the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

Seriously, though, why is rowing the boat significant?

#cantbebotheredtoduckduckgothis

Because he's a weirdo with weird slogans.

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:It is the Land of 10,000 Lakes (still has fewer lakes than Michigan)

Upon a lazy close-ish inspection, Michigan has 6,537 lakes ≥ 10.0 acres and Minnesota has 11,842 lakes ≥ 10 acres. I believe Michigan is juicing their numbers to inflate their case.

And Minnesota's lake is superior.

I'll show myself out.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Sep 2017, 09:31

the cheese wrote:God damn it, you made me look for and read a story about a dead kid that I didn't know about.

what?

“Row The Boat is a method of how our whole program will fit together,” Fleck said. “It’s also a saying that has such a simple meaning, but there’s so much behind it in terms of a way for the whole community, the whole faculty, administration, players and student body can rally behind something greater than itself.

“I had ‘Row the Boat’ a long time ago, but I never brought it out. It’s very simple when you break it down. There are three parts to rowing the boat. There is the oar, which is the energy behind rowing the boat. There is boat, which is the actual sacrifice, either our team or the administration or the boosters or the audience or whoever is willing to sacrifice for this program. There is also the compass. Every single person that comes in contact with our football program, fans or not, they are all going for one common goal and that is success.” …

“When you literally talk about rowing the boat, you’re facing the opposite direction the bow of the boat is actually going,” he said. “You’re not able to see the future. We’ve set sail and we’ve set our direction from point A to point B, whether it’s right now to win a MAC Championship, or be the first person in your family to get a college education or to beat cancer.

“We’re making it global and community-based. Everyone can relate to this. The boat is set in a direction and we’re rowing. We can’t see the future but we can see our past. Our past is the program. It’s the people. That’s what we’re looking at and we’re learning as we go. We don’t know if there’s a waterfall ahead of us, rocks, smooth seas or sunsets. We have no idea. We just have to keep rowing.”
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 13 Sep 2017, 09:35

the cheese wrote:God damn it, you made me look for and read a story about a dead kid that I didn't know about.

what?

“Row The Boat is a method of how our whole program will fit together,” Fleck said. “It’s also a saying that has such a simple meaning, but there’s so much behind it in terms of a way for the whole community, the whole faculty, administration, players and student body can rally behind something greater than itself.

“I had ‘Row the Boat’ a long time ago, but I never brought it out. It’s very simple when you break it down. There are three parts to rowing the boat. There is the oar, which is the energy behind rowing the boat. There is boat, which is the actual sacrifice, either our team or the administration or the boosters or the audience or whoever is willing to sacrifice for this program. There is also the compass. Every single person that comes in contact with our football program, fans or not, they are all going for one common goal and that is success.” …

“When you literally talk about rowing the boat, you’re facing the opposite direction the bow of the boat is actually going,” he said. “You’re not able to see the future. We’ve set sail and we’ve set our direction from point A to point B, whether it’s right now to win a MAC Championship, or be the first person in your family to get a college education or to beat cancer.

“We’re making it global and community-based. Everyone can relate to this. The boat is set in a direction and we’re rowing. We can’t see the future but we can see our past. Our past is the program. It’s the people. That’s what we’re looking at and we’re learning as we go. We don’t know if there’s a waterfall ahead of us, rocks, smooth seas or sunsets. We have no idea. We just have to keep rowing.”

On Feb. 9, 2011, Fleck lost his second son, Colt, to a heart condition. Row the Boat originated after his son passed away.

“As you hold your son as he passes away, your whole life changes. What you believe in, how you’ve believed in it, what you’ve done to that point, where you’re going to go and how you’re going to live your life all changes. But Row the Boat is really my second son’s life as I continue to live his life for him. It’s his life.

“It’s a never-give-up mantra that has to do strictly with life or adversity or handling success, never giving up, and it means a few things. When you row a boat, you’re rowing, don’t ever look at me and paddle. That’s completely different. We’re rowing. Your back is to the future, which is something you cannot control, nor can you see. You have to trust the person in front of you, that you’re looking at, that they’re doing their job and rowing at the same speed, same efficiency as you are. But that’s the future, you can’t control that. You don’t know if there’s rocks, water falls, stormy seas, you don’t know what’s ahead of you. You’re rowing in the present, which is the only thing you can actually control, and the only thing you can actually have an impact on. You either choose to take your oars and put them back in the boat and stop, or you put them back in the water and continue to go. But you’re looking at the past, which is the only thing you can actually learn from. But you can’t change.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Sep 2017, 09:40

the cheese wrote:

what?

On Feb. 9, 2011, Fleck lost his second son, Colt, to a heart condition. Row the Boat originated after his son passed away.

“As you hold your son as he passes away, your whole life changes. What you believe in, how you’ve believed in it, what you’ve done to that point, where you’re going to go and how you’re going to live your life all changes. But Row the Boat is really my second son’s life as I continue to live his life for him. It’s his life.

“It’s a never-give-up mantra that has to do strictly with life or adversity or handling success, never giving up, and it means a few things. When you row a boat, you’re rowing, don’t ever look at me and paddle. That’s completely different. We’re rowing. Your back is to the future, which is something you cannot control, nor can you see. You have to trust the person in front of you, that you’re looking at, that they’re doing their job and rowing at the same speed, same efficiency as you are. But that’s the future, you can’t control that. You don’t know if there’s rocks, water falls, stormy seas, you don’t know what’s ahead of you. You’re rowing in the present, which is the only thing you can actually control, and the only thing you can actually have an impact on. You either choose to take your oars and put them back in the boat and stop, or you put them back in the water and continue to go. But you’re looking at the past, which is the only thing you can actually learn from. But you can’t change.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh hadn't heard that. as you can tell, I am really plugged into the local college football program.

Explains the earnestness of the guy.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 Sep 2017, 10:27

Oh I'm sure they are, just remember in Michigan history class they told us a) they fought a war with Ohio over Toledo and that's how Michigan got the Upper Peninsula, and b) Michigan has more lakes than Minnesota

oh and c) Indians captured Fort Mackinac by playing lacrosse or some other game in front of the fort to lull the garrison into a false sense of security, someone threw the ball into the fort, and as they ran in after it, they grabbed weapons the women/ladies/squaws had hidden under their furs and murdered everyone they could
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Sep 2017, 11:09

The B1G is already moving away from ending with Nebraska and Iowa on Black Friday. Nice to see Iowa getting set up with more of an equal.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Sep 2017, 14:10

Nebraska fired their AD today (h/t to mj in the box. Member this?

@ChrisVannini

When Eichorst fired Pelini, he said, “In the final analysis, I had to evaluate where Iowa was.”

Since then, Nebraska is 16-14, Iowa is 23-8

I member.

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 21 Sep 2017, 14:34

Bo Pelini sucks. That is all.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Nov 2017, 11:12

Nate Stanley throws for 5 TDs and no picks against tOSU and B1G OPOW is...2 guys from Michigan against Minnesota.

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Nov 2017, 11:01

Ohio State is a 41 point favorite against Illinois this Saturday. It's apparently the highest point spread on record for a B1G game.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Nov 2017, 11:06

Briandong79 wrote:Ohio State is a 41 point favorite against Illinois this Saturday. It's apparently the highest point spread on record for a B1G game.

Is that a lot? That seems like a lot.

I'm guessing the Lovie Smith experiment isn't working out.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports