Random Thoughts - College edition

Re: Random Thoughts - College edition

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Sep 2017, 13:26

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:This was beeped and booped in the morning box by TVFW. Something about fraud with an apparel company or something.

one of those ensnared was involved with my program and potentially in the recruitment of Sindarius Thornwell, which, i swear NCAA if we have to give back the final four banner... :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Will that really affect you as a fan of Cocks? I mean, so what, no banner, you still had that shining moment.

Everyone cheats, man.

not all of us have 17 of them hanging in the rafters

eta - cheese, assuming you don't mean who is Sin Thornwell, Lamont Evans was the coach who may have been fucking up. He is at OK St now which will no doubt please you
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby nova » 26 Sep 2017, 13:37

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Apparently there's a big college scandal that I don't have the time to google, but it has ensnared Chuck "The Rifleman" Person. Oh noooooooooooooes.

This was beeped and booped in the morning box by TVFW. Something about fraud with an apparel company or something.

Adidas. They got an OSUc coach, a Louisville ass, and an Auburn ass.

Pearl and Pitino are both done, it sounds like.

The article I read said Southern California, Auburn, Oklahoma State and Arizona. Three Nike schools, and an Under Armour school. The adidas executive used to run the EYBL, which is Nike's summer circuit.

Here's my issue - the whole concept of these grassroots programs is to funnel kids to big time programs affiliated with the shoe companies that sponsor them since 12 years old. Team Takeover out of DC has five of its players committed to Division schools - Villanova, Pitt, Penn State, Stony Brook and Maryland. Four Nike schools and one Under Armour. Most of these kids go to Nike high schools - from a quick glance, there's just one who goes to an Under Armour school. The fact that these guys got in trouble means that they must have REALLY abused the system because the very concept of AAU is getting kids affiliated with shoe companies and then sending them the "right" programs.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Sep 2017, 13:45

nova wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Apparently there's a big college scandal that I don't have the time to google, but it has ensnared Chuck "The Rifleman" Person. Oh noooooooooooooes.

This was beeped and booped in the morning box by TVFW. Something about fraud with an apparel company or something.

The article I read said Southern California, Auburn, Oklahoma State and Arizona. Three Nike schools, and an Under Armour school. The adidas executive used to run the EYBL, which is Nike's summer circuit.

Here's my issue - the whole concept of these grassroots programs is to funnel kids to big time programs affiliated with the shoe companies that sponsor them since 12 years old. Team Takeover out of DC has five of its players committed to Division schools - Villanova, Pitt, Penn State, Stony Brook and Maryland. Four Nike schools and one Under Armour. Most of these kids go to Nike high schools - from a quick glance, there's just one who goes to an Under Armour school. The fact that these guys got in trouble means that they must have REALLY abused the system because the very concept of AAU is getting kids affiliated with shoe companies and then sending them the "right" programs.

yeah, the oklahoma state guy was at SC when he committed the violations. he apparently got "some" money for guaranteeing a kid would show up to a school and then thousands of dollars when they actually signed.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JT99 » 26 Sep 2017, 13:47

nova wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

^^This guy AAU's ^^
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby the cheese » 26 Sep 2017, 13:48

SouthernYokel wrote:
nova wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

yeah, the oklahoma state guy was at SC when he committed the violations. he apparently got "some" money for guaranteeing a kid would show up to a school and then thousands of dollars when they actually signed.

Man, OSUc is and will continue to be in the basketball wilderness.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Magnum » 27 Sep 2017, 11:36

Pitino is the worst. Good riddance.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Sep 2017, 13:01

Magnum wrote:Pitino is the worst. Good riddance.

It's true. All Pitinos ar.....shit.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby God Shamgod » 27 Sep 2017, 14:05

Even the tailor is throwing out bribes. Actually, I bet being a custom tailor for NBA players is lucrative as hell. It's a niche market and those guys have a ton of money and no idea what that shit is supposed to cost (neither do I).
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Sep 2017, 16:54

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Sep 2017, 16:54

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 27 Sep 2017, 17:54

Great shirt, but once was enough. :mrgreen:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Sep 2017, 08:39

haha, i would pay $30 american for that shirt.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 28 Sep 2017, 08:40

SouthernYokel wrote:haha, i would pay $30 american for that shirt.

You're out of luck, that's a $42 shirt. The seam will pop on the first wearing and the hem will unravel within a month. Which is fine, because nobody will remember what it references by then.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 28 Sep 2017, 09:03

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:haha, i would pay $30 american for that shirt.

You're out of luck, that's a $42 shirt. The seam will pop on the first wearing and the hem will unravel within a month. Which is fine, because nobody will remember what it references by then.

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby God Shamgod » 28 Sep 2017, 12:56

After all of this stuff drops, I am going to dust off my resume because I don't think there will be anybody left to coach major college basketball.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports