F U UNC

Re: F U UNC

Postby Colonel Angus » 04 Jun 2015, 14:26

JichaelDick wrote:And Colonel, that's my larger point--the systemic rape of children is awful no matter where it happens. But when it happens at a place like PSU, with their "Grand Experiment" bullshit, it makes it that much worse.

Perhaps. And maybe people living in B1G country got some satisfaction from that aspect of it. But everywhere else, I think that story would have been just as big a deal at any school. The Paterno aspect of it may be tied in with the "we do it the right way" thing you are talking about, but the fact that it happened on his watch is what made it even bigger.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Jun 2015, 14:31

Colonel Angus wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:And Colonel, that's my larger point--the systemic rape of children is awful no matter where it happens. But when it happens at a place like PSU, with their "Grand Experiment" bullshit, it makes it that much worse.

Perhaps. And maybe people living in B1G country got some satisfaction from that aspect of it. But everywhere else, I think that story would have been just as big a deal at any school. The Paterno aspect of it may be tied in with the "we do it the right way" thing you are talking about, but the fact that it happened on his watch is what made it even bigger.

yeah, the PSU one is not a good example of anything other than a terrible thing happening. I have never heard any PSU fans mock Ohio State for their rape culture. wait...Beadle is not a PSU fan right
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Jun 2015, 14:33

mj3528 wrote:Yeah, I realize that is the grand daddy of all NCAA infractions, but still it didn't seem that the main allegations were the bombshells that were supposed to exist with no show grades etc.

From what I'm reading/hearing the crux of the issue here is that athletes receive impermissible benefits as a result of the fake classes, fixed grades, etc. And it was widespread across the entire athletic department and there's substantial evidence the athletic department knew all about it.

Non-revenue sports like baseball, women's basketball, and women's soccer were all mentioned. Women's soccer has been their baby so it'll be interesting to see what comes of anything there.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Jun 2015, 14:34

SouthernYokel wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

yeah, the PSU one is not a good example of anything other than a terrible thing happening. I have never heard any PSU fans mock Ohio State for their rape culture. wait...Beadle is not a PSU fan right

I figure Beadle is a Texas fan. And my larger point is, if that had happened at, say, Florida State or USC or Ole Miss, I don't know that it would have had all the "oh my God, we thought for so long they STOOD FOR THE RIGHT THINGS, how can THEY be involved in something like this." And Paterno was a big part of it.
Last edited by JichaelDick on 04 Jun 2015, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Jun 2015, 14:35

JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

I figure Beadle is a Texas fan.

UT San Antonio, right?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Jun 2015, 14:36

CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

I figure Beadle is a Texas fan.

UT San Antonio, right?

Eh, I think she went UTSA, but considering she is a Texan and is who she is, UT fits her a LOT more than just about any other school in Texas. Especially A&M.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Jun 2015, 08:19

SouthernYokel wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

Yeah, there is usually an element of comeuppance in these things (same reason it's always funnier when a Conservative famly first Republican gets busted for blowing a dude in an airport bathroom), but I think the PSU thing was so awful that it would have been a huge story anywhere. Granted, I think PSU fans and their ridiculous "we do things the right way/Paterno worship" made the story worse as it carried on, but the actual offense itself would have been equally huge anywhere.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Feb 2016, 11:40

JT99 - Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:59 am: Flus, can you do a top five dickhead ranking for UNC, as well? TYIA

Basketball players edition:
1. Tyler Hansbrough - general tardedness
2. Kendall Marshall - mega douchebag who still taunts NC State on twitter for some reason
3. Mahktar N'Diaye - dumbass who spit on a Utah player in the 1998 Final Four
4. Dudley Bradley - last second steal of Clyde Austin inbounds pass in the 1979 State-Carolina game
5. Donald Williams - grew up an NC State fan but committed to UNC because we were under probation

Football players edition:
1. Greg Little - injured one of our guys on a late hit; asshole
2. Deems May - local radio guy in the Triangle who played for UNC in the 80s; king of the hot taeks
3. Marvin Austin - part of the crew who took improper benefits from Black Santa John Blake; all around idiot extraordinaire
4. Lawrence Taylor - cokehead dumbass
5. Giovani Bernard - Tom O'Brien's stupid ass punted to him late in the 2012 game; he took it to the house OF COURSE

Coaches edition:
1. Roy Williams - said he wanted to shoot all the State fans in the Dean Dome with a bb gun a few years back; looks like Huckleberry Hound; can't coach for shit
2. Dean Smith - turned in NC State in the 70s for supposedly breaking the rules while recruiting David Thompson. NC State missed the 1973 tournament because of this and went undefeated that season with a similar roster that won the 1974 championship.
3. Anson Dorrance - UNC women's soccer coach who has probably slept with every one of his players
4. Everett Withers - former football coach who called UNC the 'flagship institution' while an investigation was going on into UNC's academic issues; nice work, asshole
5. Gunter Brewer - current UNC offensive coordinator; king of the twitter jabs at NC State

Administrators edition:
1. John Swofford - former UNC athletic director and current ACC commissioner who has been instrumental in keeping NC State athletics in the shitter for the last 30 years
2. CD Spangler - UNC system president who helped run Jimmy V out of town and put the basketball program on probation
3. Larry Monteith - NC State chancellor in the late 80s/early 90s who helped put the penalties into place; fuck him
4. Dick Baddour - UNC athletics director who was in place when all the early 2010s scandal broke; general idiot
5. Holden Thorpe - UNC chancellor who was clueless to all the 2010s scandal stuff; general idiot

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Feb 2016, 11:46

Ahh, so that's where Gunter Brewer ended up. He was WR coach at Ole Miss for the single worst season I can ever remember, and our WRs sucked. GOOD JOB!
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JT99 » 22 Feb 2016, 11:54

Ha! I've interviewed Everett Withers. Not impressive.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Feb 2016, 11:57

You know you can taunt Kendall Marshall right back but just sending him pictures of his DNP box scores. For the Sixers. He is a DNP CD every game. For the Sixers.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby CourtesyFlush » 22 Feb 2016, 12:01

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:You know you can taunt Kendall Marshall right back but just sending him pictures of his DNP box scores. For the Sixers. He is a DNP CD every game. For the Sixers.

There's also the play below against us in the 2012 ACC semis. Guess how it was called?

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby ONTB » 03 Aug 2016, 20:07

In response to the incredible notice of allegations filed by the NCAA, UNC has decided to attacked them in response. Bold move, Cotton.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... rkox1fc0iv
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Aug 2016, 08:58

ONTB wrote:In response to the incredible notice of allegations filed by the NCAA, UNC has decided to attacked them in response. Bold move, Cotton.

i am pro fucking the ncaa. i wish it wasn't a school for which i have great distaste doing the fucking. i did like someone's suggestion that the ncaa should just accept UNC's response and forward the file to the southern school accreditation organization. "Hey, you should take this school's accreditation, they say it's your responsibility"
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Aug 2016, 09:09

SouthernYokel wrote:
ONTB wrote:In response to the incredible notice of allegations filed by the NCAA, UNC has decided to attacked them in response. Bold move, Cotton.

i am pro fucking the ncaa. i wish it wasn't a school for which i have great distaste doing the fucking. i did like someone's suggestion that the ncaa should just accept UNC's response and forward the file to the southern school accreditation organization. "Hey, you should take this school's accreditation, they say it's your responsibility"

These fucking shit stains still think they're above anything and anyone else when it comes to the Carolina Way. I'd love for them to have their accreditation taken away as a result of their bullheadedness.

There's still the issue of Lack of Institutional Control here regardless of what UNC says. The athletics department has some responsibility when it comes to the courses and degree programs the athletes are enrolled in while they're on scholarship. Ol' Roy is responsible for at most 15 athletes during a calendar year. He knows what's going on every single day with every one of them.

I want to see these assholes burn to the ground and have as many banners removed from the Dean Dome as possible.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports