F U UNC

Re: F U UNC

Postby Colonel Angus » 26 Mar 2015, 12:35

JT99 wrote:Less than he played them when they were on the team /that was Flush, by the way

It's the rest of what he owed them.

"If you want to see that last $200, you'll keep your mouth shut."
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby CourtesyFlush » 26 Mar 2015, 12:39

I'm sure the NCAA will look the other way on this like the rest of the shit they're currently trying to bury themselves out from under
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 26 Mar 2015, 12:42

Good thing #s didn't play for Deano. Check wouldn't even cover his drinks.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Colonel Angus » 26 Mar 2015, 12:43

CourtesyFlush wrote:I'm sure the NCAA will look the other way on this like the rest of the shit they're currently trying to bury themselves out from under

Or tack another year onto the Tyndall show cause.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Jun 2015, 14:05

Christmas Day has come...UNC releases the NCAA's Notice of Allegations

1. It is alleged that beginning in the 2002 fall semester and continuing through the 2011 summer semester, the institution provided impermissible benefits to student-athletes that were not generally available to the student body.

a. Athletics academic counselors in the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) leveraged their relationships with faculty and staff members in the African and Afro-American Studies (AFRI/AFAM) department to obtain and/or provide special arrangements to student-athletes that were not generally available to the student body.

b. Additionally, from the 2006 fall semester and continuing through the 2011 summer semester, the institution provided impermissible extra benefits similar to those articulated above and allowed 10 student-athletes to exceed the limit of independent study credits countable toward graduation.

2. It is alleged that from April 2007 to July 2010, Jan Boxill (Boxill), then philosophy instructor, director of the Parr Center for Ethics, women’s basketball athletic academic counselor in the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) and chair of the faculty, knowingly provided extra benefits in the form of impermissible academic assistance and special arrangements to women’s basketball student-athletes.

3. It is alleged that in 2014 and 2015, Deborah Crowder (Crowder), former student services manager in the African and Afro-American Studies department, violated the NCAA principles of ethical conduct when she failed to furnish information relevant to an investigation of possible violations of NCAA legislation when requested to do so by the NCAA enforcement staff and the institution. Specifically, Crowder refused to participate in an interview with both the institution and the enforcement staff despite at least three requests for her participation.

4. It is alleged that in 2014 and 2015, Dr. Julius Nyang’oro (Nyang’oro), former professor and chair of the African and Afro-American Studies department, violated the NCAA principles of ethical conduct when he failed to furnish information relevant to an investigation of possible violations of NCAA legislation when requested to do so by the enforcement staff and the institution. Specifically, Nyang’oro refused to participate in an interview with both the institution and the enforcement staff despite at least five requests for his participation.

5. It is alleged that the scope and nature of the violations set forth in Allegation Nos. 1 and 2 demonstrate that the institution violated the NCAA principles of institutional control and rules compliance when it failed to monitor the activities of Jan Boxill (Boxill), then philosophy instructor, director of the Parr Center for Ethics, women’s basketball athletics academic counselor in the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) and chair of the faculty. Further, the institution exhibited a lack of institutional control in regard to the special arrangements constituting impermissible benefits athletics academic counselors and staff within African and Afro-American Studies (AFRI/AFAM) department provided to student-athletes.

Specifically, individuals in the academic administration on campus, particularly in the college of arts and sciences, did not sufficiently monitor the AFRI/AFAM and ASPSA departments or provide appropriate supervision for these academic units and their staffs. The AFRI/AFAM department created anomalous courses that went unchecked for 18 years. This allowed individuals within ASPSA to use these courses through special arrangements to maintain the eligibility of academically at-risk student-athletes, particularly in the sports of football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball. Although the general student body also had access to the anomalous AFRI/AFAM courses, student-athletes received preferential access to these anomalous courses, enrolled in these anomalous courses at a disproportionate rate to that of the general student body and received other impermissible benefits not available to the general student body in connection with these courses.

Additionally, the institution did not monitor Boxill’s activities. Although employed by ASPSA, Boxill conducted her athletics academic advising activities largely within the philosophy department. Despite concerns by some at the institution that Boxill’s relationship with the women’s basketball student-athletes may have been too close, the institution did not monitor Boxill or determine whether her conduct violated institutional rules or NCAA bylaws.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Jun 2015, 14:10

wouldn't you rather they just lose at sprots? this is all lovely schadenfreude but everyone does it to some degree and everyone claims they are the only school that doesn't do it. i would rather the ncaa just butt out and let college athletics become semi-pro (like it already is, just without a secret BJ room in the back). what a giant waste of time.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Jun 2015, 14:13

SouthernYokel wrote:wouldn't you rather they just lose at sprots? this is all lovely schadenfreude but everyone does it to some degree and everyone claims they are the only school that doesn't do it. i would rather the ncaa just butt out and let college athletics become semi-pro (like it already is, just without a secret BJ room in the back). what a giant waste of time.

Yeah, it's fun to beat them when they're cheating and still can't win anything. Look at football under Butch Davis and Larry Fedora--full of sound and fury signfying nothing. And we still whooped their ass 5 straight years (and 6 of the last 8 I think).

But it would be nice to see some of those banners come down. You don't have to deal with these a-holes all the time.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 04 Jun 2015, 14:15

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:wouldn't you rather they just lose at sprots? this is all lovely schadenfreude but everyone does it to some degree and everyone claims they are the only school that doesn't do it. i would rather the ncaa just butt out and let college athletics become semi-pro (like it already is, just without a secret BJ room in the back). what a giant waste of time.

Yeah, it's fun to beat them when they're cheating and still can't win anything. Look at football under Butch Davis and Larry Fedora--full of sound and fury signfying nothing. And we still whooped their ass 5 straight years (and 6 of the last 8 I think).

But it would be nice to see some of those banners come down. You don't have to deal with these a-holes all the time.

are those the best allegations? the way they are written it doesn't seem that bad, and I am sure it was much, much worse.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Jun 2015, 14:16

CourtesyFlush wrote:

And while I don't live there or have a lot of first-hand knowledge, I have to say, there was always an arrogance about how UNC did things "the right way," which is almost precisely why some of the anti-Peen State stuff happened. You can't claim to be holier-than-thou and be doing shit like this. At least us SEC teams own that we're just athletic factories.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 04 Jun 2015, 14:18

JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

And while I don't live there or have a lot of first-hand knowledge, I have to say, there was always an arrogance about how UNC did things "the right way," which is almost precisely why some of the anti-Peen State stuff happened. You can't claim to be holier-than-thou and be doing shit like this. At least us SEC teams own that we're just athletic factories.

Really? I felt like it was more about the systematic rape of children.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Jun 2015, 14:19

JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

THIS ^^^ is the biggest issue I have with them and their ilk. 'Oh, our school is so much better than your piddly Cow College. Only the finest individuals are allowed in these hallowed halls.' Give me a fucking break.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Jun 2015, 14:19

JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

SEC football is the KING of claiming innocence while pointing fingers at everyone else. Phil Fulmer lived his life by that code. WE all know it's bullshit, but they all pretend to be Sewanee trying to compete with the big bad boosters over at STATE U.

Flush, i'm well versed in dealing with obnoxious in state fans of a rival school.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 04 Jun 2015, 14:23

I think most of the TRU SEC fans know we all cheat. Hell, I'm already excited about having to vacate the win over Alabama this past fall. Totally worth it.

And Colonel, that's my larger point--the systemic rape of children is awful no matter where it happens. But when it happens at a place like PSU, with their "Grand Experiment" bullshit, it makes it that much worse.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Jun 2015, 14:23

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

are those the best allegations? the way they are written it doesn't seem that bad, and I am sure it was much, much worse.

#5 is Lack of Institutional Control

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 04 Jun 2015, 14:25

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

#5 is Lack of Institutional Control

Yeah, I realize that is the grand daddy of all NCAA infractions, but still it didn't seem that the main allegations were the bombshells that were supposed to exist with no show grades etc.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports