The Ancient Eight: Ivy League Sports

Re: The Ancient Eight: Ivy League Sports

Postby Rodney Farva » 17 Mar 2016, 23:32

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Mar 2016, 09:04

i has no issue with the yale. will pull to them until raw this weekend.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby bosux » 18 Mar 2016, 09:07

congrats to the fighting rodney farvas of new haven

i hope they beat dook...grrrrr i hate those dookies so much grrrrrr
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Mar 2016, 09:09

SouthernYokel wrote:i has no issue with the yale. will pull to them until raw this weekend.

I actually kinda enjoyed watching them play. I'm already excited to see how many free throws Greyson Allen shoots (it will be a bunch).
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Aug 2016, 08:56

as readers of the meet anyone from the bored thread will know, i'm going to see yale-colgate football next month. our opener, not sure what to expect, we have a (relatively) great recruiting class coming in but not sure if they'll be ready or what we have coming back. we beat colgate last season on the road, but they improved over the season and made it to the I-AA playoff semis. i look forward to the company of 5,000 fans and 61,000 empty seats. i haven't been to a game since 2002 so will be interesting, they've made a lot of improvements to the bowl since then including a luxury box kind of thing that my donation will get me access to.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 Sep 2016, 10:13

Ugly, ugly game. On Colgate's first possession we were gifted with a pick on a deflection that was run back to the 10 and we scored two plays latter. But one more possession for them and one for us and it was clear we would get creamed. Final score 55-13, annihilated on both sides of the ball. Tied the record for biggest losing margin at home in the 144 seasons we've been playing. We have a three QB muddle and they all suck. Hopefully it was just a case as facing a team that's on another level and we don't actually suck that badly.

Perfect weather and only 8500 announced attendance but didn't look like that much. Few students came even though they don't have to pay.

Sad trombone all around.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Oct 2016, 21:20

historic season underway.

vs Colgate, L 55-13
@ Cornell, L 27-13
vs Lehigh, L 63-35

attendance for the Lehigh game, 2,196.

oof.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby bosux » 17 Oct 2016, 17:22

Rodney Farva wrote:historic season underway.

vs Colgate, L 55-13
@ Cornell, L 27-13
vs Lehigh, L 63-35

attendance for the Lehigh game, 2,196.

oof.

hi ho rodney

how was the yale bowl experience?

i took the family plus mother in law to the princeton-brown game on saturday...princeton demolished them

perfect weather, free parking, cheap tix (5 of us cost $44)

after the game we went to the best pizza place in the universe...all bullshit aside, this place is an institution, serves a delicious, unique pie, and was exactly as i remembered it last time i was there 20 years ago

https://contespizzaandbarcom.wordpress.com/

as far as the live experience goes, college football>>>>>>>>>>>pro ball
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Rodney Farva » 18 Oct 2016, 01:31

the only problems with going to the yale bowl today are watching the other team's QB torch us, no matter who we are playing, and having such small crowds in a big stadium looks really sad.

also if you have to use the can or want concessions you have to go out of the stadium to separate standing piss houses and concession tents, which kind of blows. i was lucky that i was able to go into the box area they set up a few years ago which had plenty of free food and drink and a bathroom.

we seem to have found our footing a little bit the past few weeks on offense, but our D is like world class terrible. we got one win (Dartmouth) and hung around Fordham longer than we should have, but i would expect we'll probably beat only columbia and maybe brown the rest of the way out, and no guarantees on those. princeton and harvard are very good this year, and penn is improved. i don't know if the coach survives this year, i think he does but at a more normal school he'd probably be on the hot seat.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby bosux » 18 Oct 2016, 13:40

Rodney Farva wrote:the only problems with going to the yale bowl today are watching the other team's QB torch us, no matter who we are playing, and having such small crowds in a big stadium looks really sad.

also if you have to use the can or want concessions you have to go out of the stadium to separate standing piss houses and concession tents, which kind of blows. i was lucky that i was able to go into the box area they set up a few years ago which had plenty of free food and drink and a bathroom.

we seem to have found our footing a little bit the past few weeks on offense, but our D is like world class terrible. we got one win (Dartmouth) and hung around Fordham longer than we should have, but i would expect we'll probably beat only columbia and maybe brown the rest of the way out, and no guarantees on those. princeton and harvard are very good this year, and penn is improved. i don't know if the coach survives this year, i think he does but at a more normal school he'd probably be on the hot seat.

princeton's new stadium is about half the size of old palmer stadium, with better everything, and none of the gravitas...i would like to visit yale bowl and harvard stadium
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Oct 2016, 09:38

your tigers took the johnnys to OT, sorry they couldn't close the deal.

we had penn at home on Friday night. woke up early my Saturday morning to check the score, down 35-0 before the half with 4 TD throws for the penn QB. end up losing 42-7. can't wait for the weekly email from our coach, where i'll learn all about how we tied the second half. almost 9K showed up this time.

our guy better shitcan his defensive staff once the season ends or else he needs to be shown the door.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Prez » 24 Oct 2016, 11:49

Rodney Farva wrote: almost 9K showed up this time.

Don't forget to mention that the only reason so many showed up was the novely of the first night game at the Yale Bowl (with temporary lights)
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Oct 2016, 11:53

Rodney Farva wrote:your tigers took the johnnys to OT, sorry they couldn't close the deal.

we had penn at home on Friday night. woke up early my Saturday morning to check the score, down 35-0 before the half with 4 TD throws for the penn QB. end up losing 42-7. can't wait for the weekly email from our coach, where i'll learn all about how we tied the second half. almost 9K showed up this time.

our guy better shitcan his defensive staff once the season ends or else he needs to be shown the door.

You think Tom Herman can turn this thing around?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Oct 2016, 12:36

Gregs Kite wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:your tigers took the johnnys to OT, sorry they couldn't close the deal.

we need better.

don't know if it's true or not, but the word is that when we were last hiring a coach it was going to be don brown. he was our D coordinator when i was there, had a run of some head jobs (kite state, northeastern, umass), then several stops as a D coordinator (maryland, uconn, bc). he said the money wasn't enough, the football booster group said they would make up the difference, done deal. the then-president of yale said no, no "special" deals, brown walked, and we got this guy, who had never been a coordinator anywhere. the whole thing made no sense because when i was there it was well known that the football boosters matched carm cozza's annual salary in order to save the school from having to pay the whole thing.

i'm glad we didn't hire brown because he was a colossal asshole and still is. even if he just moved to michigan this year and has them the number one defense in the country. yeah, i'm really glad. so, so glad. #-o
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mj3528 » 24 Oct 2016, 12:41

Rodney Farva wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

we need better.

don't know if it's true or not, but the word is that when we were last hiring a coach it was going to be don brown. he was our D coordinator when i was there, had a run of some head jobs (kite state, northeastern, umass), then several stops as a D coordinator (maryland, uconn, bc). he said the money wasn't enough, the football booster group said they would make up the difference, done deal. the then-president of yale said no, no "special" deals, brown walked, and we got this guy, who had never been a coordinator anywhere. the whole thing made no sense because when i was there it was well known that the football boosters matched carm cozza's annual salary in order to save the school from having to pay the whole thing.

i'm glad we didn't hire brown because he was a colossal asshole and still is. even if he just moved to michigan this year and has them the number one defense in the country. yeah, i'm really glad. so, so glad. #-o

Serious question, and I am not trying to be snarky. You seem to have more than a modicum of interest, but do people really care about Yale athletics and specifically the football program?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports