The Ancient Eight: Ivy League Sports

Re: The Ancient Eight: Ivy League Sports

Postby bosux » 10 Jan 2017, 12:10

hi guys...i went to the ivy opener at jadwin last saturday against penn...it was a snowy drive, some dumb c-ward spun out in front of us lol... we stopped at bobby flay's burger place prior to the game...i got a blue cheese and bacon, wife got the cali burger w avocado and kale and shit, kids got chee burgers...we got reg fries, sweet potato fries and o rings...it was all really yummy, esp the burgers, but i suspect they use a lot of salt in the burger mix which makes it taste really good...the fries were not overly salty so that was good too.

princeton beat penn in an ugly game, they shot like 3-20 from 3, and they usually are like 40% or so, and penn is a pretty good team this year, so it was a good tough win...at one point early in the 2nd half princeton was up 41-20, and penn tied it with like 7 left...princeton came back on nice little 7-0 run and that was that

kids had fun, bounce house, face painting, drums of thunder at halftime...family of 4 courtside for $26...ballin
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Jan 2017, 12:12

bosux wrote:family of 4 courtside for $26...ballin

Damn. That's pretty sweet.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Jan 2017, 13:18

jordan spieth's brother is a senior at brown and might be the best player in the league. went for 33 against yale last weekend, including 7 of 10 from 3, but they lost by 1.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Jan 2017, 13:22

Thats cool.

Uh, what sport?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 24 Jan 2017, 14:57

Gregs Kite wrote:Thats cool.

Uh, what sport?

Brown plays intramural club ultimate, but does not keep score. Maybe Rod is talking about racing Lasers or bridge?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 18 Sep 2017, 18:07

nice start for the ancient ocho, 6-2 against various non league competition. Yale kicked the snot out of Lehigh on road, 56-28, and even better Harvard lost to Rhode Island, which usually loses to Ivy League schools.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Oct 2017, 11:27

Columbia is 3-0 and beat Princeton (sorry sux). what a time to be alive!

we have two stud running backs, a freshman who is going for 120 yds rushing per game at 10.3 per carry, and a senior who is averaging 101 yds per game at 9.2 per carry. our QB went 18-20 passing yesterday. woot. i am conveniently ignoring the fact we've beaten 3 terrible teams, but so far this season is a ton o' fun.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 Oct 2017, 19:02

Saw Yale beat previously undefeated Columbia 23-6 today. We looked pretty strong on both sides of the ball. Our freshman RB is amazeballs. QB didn’t have a good game but did just enough.

Next week we get Brown, who are a laughingstock this year. Week after is Princeton, who have been a wagon the past few weeks, in a game that should decide the league title.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 29 Oct 2017, 05:43

Rodney Farva wrote:Saw Yale beat previously undefeated Columbia 23-6 today. We looked pretty strong on both sides of the ball. Our freshman RB is amazeballs. QB didn’t have a good game but did just enough.

Next week we get Brown, who are a laughingstock this year. Week after is Princeton, who have been a wagon the past few weeks, in a game that should decide the league title.

and Princeton lost last night to Cornell, which is surprising. so 3 way tie right now for the league among us, Columbia and Cornell, and we’ve beaten them both.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby bosux » 30 Oct 2017, 20:04

Rodney Farva wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:Saw Yale beat previously undefeated Columbia 23-6 today. We looked pretty strong on both sides of the ball. Our freshman RB is amazeballs. QB didn’t have a good game but did just enough.

and Princeton lost last night to Cornell, which is surprising. so 3 way tie right now for the league among us, Columbia and Cornell, and we’ve beaten them both.

weird game...they came out strong and seemed to quit after the half...might have ourselves a three-way-co-champ sitch this year

#stupidivyleaguerules
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Rodney Farva » 30 Oct 2017, 21:29

bosux wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

weird game...they came out strong and seemed to quit after the half...might have ourselves a three-way-co-champ sitch this year

#stupidivyleaguerules

there's a lot of permutations still in play, i wonder what is the max number of teams that can tie for the title (assume with 2 losses).

columbia and cornell play each other, and columbia has brown (guaranteed W), so clearly they don't tie. your team scares me the most, we get by them and i feel real good. though The Game (when you take the long view) is always a crap shoot.

how did the funky orange unis and helmet look?
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby bosux » 31 Oct 2017, 11:41

Rodney Farva wrote:
bosux wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

#stupidivyleaguerules

there's a lot of permutations still in play, i wonder what is the max number of teams that can tie for the title (assume with 2 losses).

columbia and cornell play each other, and columbia has brown (guaranteed W), so clearly they don't tie. your team scares me the most, we get by them and i feel real good. though The Game (when you take the long view) is always a crap shoot.

how did the funky orange unis and helmet look?

not a yuge fan...do yous guys do a bonfire if yous win the BIG 3?
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Oct 2017, 21:18

no, i don't think we do bonfires. they used to do friday night pep rallies before big home games, including a bonfire, but that had stopped before i was there.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 10 Nov 2017, 08:53

I heard there's a 1% chance the football year ends in a 7 way tie for first. I'm sure that would make for some stories.

Congrats.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 Nov 2017, 01:04

chrisco wrote:I heard there's a 1% chance the football year ends in a 7 way tie for first. I'm sure that would make for some stories.

Congrats.

yes, that was coo coo, especially for an 8 team league. but no longer on the bored, at most 3 teams (yale, columbia & dartmouth) can tie for first with yale today clinching at least a share of the title. if yale wins The Game we get the title outright no matter what happens in the other games.

the yale-princeton game was a real seesaw battle. first half looked like the pumpkinheads were going to blow us out, but we had a big goal line stop to keep them to a FG in the 2nd qtr to go to the half only 10 down. they turtled (like a bitch) in the second half and we managed a 35-31 win. can't believe princeton is 2-4 in the league, they have way too much talent on both sides of the ball for that.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports