The Ancient Eight: Ivy League Sports

The Ancient Eight: Ivy League Sports

Postby DirtDawg » 20 Sep 2007, 14:54

Sooooo, at long last, there is finally a forum dedicated to Ivy League sports.

Whoa whoa whoa, don't all of you crash the servers by rushing to post about the vaunted Brown's women's squash team at the same time. Lets show a little restraint.

So, Harvard football opened its season with a lost to L'il Billy's alma mater, Holy Cross. Surprisingly enough, that little bastard didn't even mention it in his columns (I haven't read his column in a couple of weeks, so maybe he did).

Tommy Amaker should perform miracles this year for the Crimson Men's Basketball team. I'm predicting we go to the Big Dance no later than 2009.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Re: The Ancient Eight: Ivy League Sports

Postby Colonel Angus » 20 Sep 2007, 15:23

DirtDawg wrote:So, Harvard football opened its season with a lost to L'il Billy's alma mater, Holy Cross. Surprisingly enough, that little bastard didn't even mention it in his columns (I haven't read his column in a couple of weeks, so maybe he did).

Simmons is not even aware that football is played in college.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby DirtDawg » 20 Sep 2007, 15:40

I'll be heading up to the Harvard-Columbia football game the first weekend in November.

I pretty excited about it. None of my other alma maters have a strong FB program (yes yes yes, neither does Harvard. Go fuck yourselves!) So this will be my first college fb game of a school that I actually attend, while I'm a student there!

Take that, FSU, OU, and UT with your strong teams and extraordinarily hot female fans. We've got brainy, ugly girls and non-scholarship athletes in small stadiums and no national TV coverage. But, your athletes will all want jobs from ours after graduation. So, Hah!
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2007, 15:43

DirtDawg wrote:I'll be heading up to the Harvard-Columbia football game the first weekend in November.

I pretty excited about it. None of my other alma maters have a strong FB program (yes yes yes, neither does Harvard. Go fuck yourselves!) So this will be my first college fb game of a school that I actually attend, while I'm a student there!

Take that, FSU, OU, and UT with your strong teams and extraordinarily hot female fans. We've got brainy, ugly girls and non-scholarship athletes in small stadiums and no national TV coverage. But, your athletes will all want jobs from ours after graduation. So, Hah!

Hey, Brown offered me the chance to pay $40,000/year to sit on the bench and play special teams, bitch!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby DirtDawg » 20 Sep 2007, 15:46

the cheese wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:I'll be heading up to the Harvard-Columbia football game the first weekend in November.

Hey, Brown offered me the chance to pay $40,000/year to sit on the bench and play special teams, bitch!

You shoulda taken it.

Brown is known as the most 'liberal' Ivy. Plenty of bitches with fuzzy armpits and mounds of cooch hair.

Plus, you coulda gone to an Ivy league law school and become the vaunted 'double Ivy': one who attains 2 degrees from Ivy League Institutions.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 20 Sep 2007, 15:48

DirtDawg wrote:
the cheese wrote:

You shoulda taken it.

Brown is known as the most 'liberal' Ivy. Plenty of bitches with fuzzy armpits and mounds of cooch hair.

Plus, you coulda gone to an Ivy league law school and become the vaunted 'double Ivy': one who attains 2 degrees from Ivy League Institutions.

A.) Dawg, how did you know I love the full bush! \:D/

B.) Then I could be $240K in debt before drawing a paycheck, as opposed to 60K!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby DirtDawg » 20 Sep 2007, 15:51

the cheese wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:
the cheese wrote:

You shoulda taken it.

Once you graduated and hooked up with a good firm, they'd help refinance your debt to make it manageable. And/or give you a nice signing bonus, so you could apply that shit directly against your principal.

Those Ivy League cock-knobs are known for doing stuff like that to take care of their own.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Colonel Angus » 20 Sep 2007, 16:02

DirtDawg wrote:Take that, FSU, OU, and UT with your strong teams and extraordinarily hot female fans. We've got brainy, ugly girls and non-scholarship athletes in small stadiums and no national TV coverage. But, your athletes will all want jobs from ours after graduation. So, Hah!

I'm trying to imagine scenarios in which former UT and FSU players would end up working for Harvard grads. Nothing's really coming to mind. Are these Harvard grads planning on buying any NFL teams or becoming the wardens of prisons?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Sep 2007, 04:56

I've been to several Harvard-Yale football games. Always a good time listening to the trash talk.

My favorite Ivy football game I've ever seen was in 1989 when Dartmouth took out Harvard 6-5 at Harvard Stadium. No, that's not a typo. It was football, and the final score was 6-5. The safety came when the center literally snapped the ball through the uprights on a punt attempt. Ah good times.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Sep 2007, 00:42

Dawg, you're a year too late, harvard had a great RB (clifton dawson) who graduated a year ago.

You're in for a huge disappointment going to harvard-columbia. Trust me. Try to go to priceton-harvard if you can, sine The Game is at the yale bowl this year.

Yale is clearly the class of the league this year, so long as mike mcleod (reverse reggie cleveland) doesn't get injured. Though that coaching staff is good for a loss or two all by themselves.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Brick Tamland » 23 Sep 2007, 09:57

the cheese wrote:
DirtDawg wrote:
the cheese wrote:

You shoulda taken it.

True fact: the football team's freshman hazing includes licking Chris Berman's ballsack, after which he would have bestowed upon you some recockulous nickname that you would have been stuck for your entire adult life, a name not nearly as cool as "the Cheese." Good call, Queso.... "Just Say No" to ballsack licking.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby DirtDawg » 29 Sep 2007, 20:47

Harvard lost another one, this time to Lehigh.

I had originally planned to go to this game but will instead be attending the game at Columbia.

We're 1-2 but more importantly, 1-0 in the division.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 30 Sep 2007, 13:47

yale's stud RB, a dude named mike mcleod (reverse reggie cleveland all-star), went for 256 yards (school record) and 5 TDs (tied school record) as they beat bill simmons U, 38-17. he also set the school record for career rushing TDs and most consecutive games rushing for a TD. he has 569 yds and 12 TDs in 3 games.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 01 Oct 2007, 02:05

DirtDawg wrote:Take that, FSU, OU, and UT with your strong teams and extraordinarily hot female fans. We've got brainy, ugly girls and non-scholarship athletes in small stadiums and no national TV coverage. But, your athletes will all want jobs from ours after graduation. So, Hah!

Mr. Burns wrote:Well, I say let Harvard have its football and academics. Yale will always be first in gentlemanly club life.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby DirtDawg » 01 Oct 2007, 09:47

Colonel Angus wrote:

I'm trying to imagine scenarios in which former UT and FSU players would end up working for Harvard grads. Nothing's really coming to mind. Are these Harvard grads planning on buying any NFL teams or becoming the wardens of prisons?

as far as owning teams, G. W. Bush owned the Rangers, as you know.

And I'm sure that some UT and FSU players work in the mailroom/stockroom or drive truck for Fortune 500 companies. So you've got that going for your players.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Next

Return to College Sports