The Peen State Thread [18+ only]

The Peen State Thread [18+ only]

Postby D'Annunzio » 13 Sep 2007, 10:45

I think JoePa fields an undefeated team this year, looking at the schedule.
D'Annunzio

Postby Theny » 13 Sep 2007, 10:48

ok
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 13 Sep 2007, 10:54

no.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby D'Annunzio » 13 Sep 2007, 10:59

They will at least be favored in every game they play this year. Who is going to beat them? Michigan? Probably not. Ohio State? Not with that offense at Beaver Stadium. Wisconsin? Maybe, but that's also in State College. Sure, the undefeated record would largely be due to the Big 10 being down this year, but this Penn State team is good. Damned good. The defense is maybe the best in the country, and the offense is good enough to put up points. The only question mark is Morelli. If he continues to improve and take care of the ball, they will be very hard to beat.
D'Annunzio

Postby kaskomm09 » 13 Sep 2007, 11:05

D'Annunzio wrote:They will at least be favored in every game they play this year. Who is going to beat them? Michigan? Probably not. Ohio State? Not with that offense at Beaver Stadium. Wisconsin? Maybe, but that's also in State College. Sure, the undefeated record would largely be due to the Big 10 being down this year, but this Penn State team is good. Damned good. The defense is maybe the best in the country, and the offense is good enough to put up points. The only question mark is Morelli. If he continues to improve and take care of the ball, they will be very hard to beat.

@ Illinois.

Mark it down.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 13 Sep 2007, 11:06

D'Annunzio wrote:Sure, the undefeated record would largely be due to the Big 10 being down this year

Understatement of the day. If USC, LSU, OU, WVU, and PSU all went undefeated, PSU would be the fifth best team in the country. Maybe even 6 or 7. :D
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby D'Annunzio » 13 Sep 2007, 11:08

Penn State would wipe their ass with West Virginia. They are the most overrated team in the country. One dimensional on offense, weak on defense.
D'Annunzio

Postby nova » 13 Sep 2007, 11:11

D'Annunzio wrote:Penn State would wipe their ass with West Virginia. They are the most overrated team in the country. One dimensional on offense, weak on defense.

One dimensional? Sure, but you could say the same thing about Tom Osborne's Nebraska teams. The thing that makes West Virginia tough to stop is the fact that they attack from multiple formations, multiple runners, and their quarterback can throw, he just doesn't need to. This is not Rutgers, and they only run "Illiterate Nigger Right" and "Illiterate Nigger Left". Rich Rodriguez actually seems to have a method to his madness.

If anything, I consider West Virginia to more underrated than overrated. It's simple to game plan around stopping one guy from beating you on the ground. Try doing it with three.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby the cheese » 13 Sep 2007, 11:11

D'Annunzio wrote:Who is going to beat them?

Whoever lucks into playing them in a bowl game.

D'Annunzio wrote: The defense is maybe the best in the country...

LSU on line 1, Oklahoma on line 2, and some guy from Southern California is on line 3.

And Morelli, from what I've seen, is one big fucking question mark.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Theny » 13 Sep 2007, 11:19

nasty nova wrote:
D'Annunzio wrote:Penn State would wipe their ass with West Virginia. They are the most overrated team in the country. One dimensional on offense, weak on defense.

One dimensional? Sure, but you could say the same thing about Tom Osborne's Nebraska teams. The thing that makes West Virginia tough to stop is the fact that they attack from multiple formations, multiple runners, and their quarterback can throw, he just doesn't need to. This is not Rutgers, and they only run "Illiterate Nigger Right" and "Illiterate Nigger Left". Rich Rodriguez actually seems to have a method to his madness.

If anything, I consider West Virginia to more underrated than overrated. It's simple to game plan around stopping one guy from beating you on the ground. Try doing it with three.

And they score so fucking fast it makes your head spin. I really enjoy watching them play (tonight on espn!).

Also it's just the pass D that sucks for them, their run D is pretty good.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby the cheese » 13 Sep 2007, 11:22

nasty nova wrote: This is not Rutgers, and they only run "Illiterate Nigger Right" and "Illiterate Nigger Left". Rich Rodriguez actually seems to have a method to his madness.

Pure comedy. Only you, Nova Could get away with saying that
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby D'Annunzio » 13 Sep 2007, 11:25

Actually, I think Rutgers could and probably will beat West Virginia this year. Their passing game looks much improved this year and their defense is pretty good. But I maintain that either one would get their asses handed to them by Penn State.
D'Annunzio

Postby Theny » 13 Sep 2007, 11:31

I've never noticed how annoying Penn State fans were til this year. Is this a new trend or something? ;)
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby nova » 13 Sep 2007, 12:24

D'Annunzio wrote:Actually, I think Rutgers could and probably will beat West Virginia this year. Their passing game looks much improved this year and their defense is pretty good. But I maintain that either one would get their asses handed to them by Penn State.

Given the Big 10's recent and relative success against teams that can employ the spread option/formation, I would have to agree with you.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Sep 2007, 08:19

nasty nova wrote:
D'Annunzio wrote:Actually, I think Rutgers could and probably will beat West Virginia this year. Their passing game looks much improved this year and their defense is pretty good. But I maintain that either one would get their asses handed to them by Penn State.

Given the Big 10's recent and relative success against teams that can employ the spread option/formation, I would have to agree with you.

yeah, they have really embraced the new style of football up there in the big 10 [/hypocritical sec fan]
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to College Sports