ACC Football

Re: ACC Football

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Nov 2017, 12:48

mj3528 wrote:Down by 6 late, and fumbling feet before a touchdown was indeed a nice touch. Even the Browns were impressed.

We got new life after blocking Wake's PAT. Then we converted multiple 3rd/4th downs on the ensuing drive. AND we were draining the clock to where they'd have very little time to come back after we scored. A win looked inevitable. Then that nonsense happened. That kid had a really good game and then does the inexplicable.

Also, we've only won TWICE in Winston-Salem since 2000. That's with the following quarterbacks on our roster--Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon, Jacoby Brissett.

Pathetic.

ETA: There's no excuse whatsoever for not having cameras at the goal line at every football game. Would a better angle have provided an overturn of the fumble call and a TD ruling? Probably.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Nov 2017, 15:21

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mj3528 wrote:Down by 6 late, and fumbling feet before a touchdown was indeed a nice touch. Even the Browns were impressed.

We got new life after blocking Wake's PAT. Then we converted multiple 3rd/4th downs on the ensuing drive. AND we were draining the clock to where they'd have very little time to come back after we scored. A win looked inevitable. Then that nonsense happened. That kid had a really good game and then does the inexplicable.

Also, we've only won TWICE in Winston-Salem since 2000. That's with the following quarterbacks on our roster--Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon, Jacoby Brissett.

Pathetic.

ETA: There's no excuse whatsoever for not having cameras at the goal line at every football game. Would a better angle have provided an overturn of the fumble call and a TD ruling? Probably.

My Wake Forest is Kentucky. i'm with you man, it's fucking infuriating.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 20 Nov 2017, 15:42

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Pathetic.

Hey, why we gotta run down Wake Forest? They've been to an ACC Championship game! Something football powerhouse Miami is just now getting to this season! (Don't forget Dook made one before Da fraUd too)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 20 Nov 2017, 15:53

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Pathetic.

Hey, why we gotta run down Wake Forest? They've been to an ACC Championship game! Something football powerhouse Miami is just now getting to this season! (Don't forget Dook made one before Da fraUd too)

You sure you can handle a war on two fronts? The Tyrod thing feels like something your general staff can handle, but da U? That's like wandering into the central Asian steppes without working our your supply lines first.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Theny » 20 Nov 2017, 16:31

I actually did win the coastal one other time but I declined to play the acc championship due to Nevin. So there!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Nov 2017, 16:33

Theny wrote:I actually did win the coastal one other time but I declined to play the acc championship due to Nevin. So there!

man i forgot about Shapiro. Miami has good scandals.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Nov 2017, 08:42

SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:I actually did win the coastal one other time but I declined to play the acc championship due to Nevin. So there!

LOL didn't UNC give their players ACC Coastal Champion rings for that? That's equivalent to that fradulous 1924 basketball banner they hang in the Nose Dome.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Nov 2017, 09:06

CourtesyFlush wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

LOL didn't UNC give their players ACC Coastal Champion rings for that? That's equivalent to that fradulous 1924 basketball banner they hang in the Nose Dome.

They did.

Irony of ironies...both them AND Miami were ineligible, so Georgia Tech got the ACC Championship Game bid at 6-6.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby CourtesyFlush » 29 Nov 2017, 13:34

So allegedly Dave Doeren was all set to become the next Ole Miss coach until the Rebs went and won the Egg Bowl. There was talk of an extension for DD when we started 6-1 but those talks cooled during the losses to ND, Clemson, and Wake. We were good this year but could've been a much better year if we close the deal against South Carolina, Clemson, and Wake. If we win at least 2 of those DD would be looking at a significant raise but as it stands he's probably going to have to settle for additional years on his current deal.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 29 Nov 2017, 19:41

CourtesyFlush wrote:So allegedly Dave Doeren was all set to become the next Ole Miss coach until the Rebs went and won the Egg Bowl. There was talk of an extension for DD when we started 6-1 but those talks cooled during the losses to ND, Clemson, and Wake. We were good this year but could've been a much better year if we close the deal against South Carolina, Clemson, and Wake. If we win at least 2 of those DD would be looking at a significant raise but as it stands he's probably going to have to settle for additional years on his current deal.

Sometimes when you lose you win
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Previous

Return to College Sports