ACC Football

ACC Football

Postby DirtDawg » 11 Jul 2007, 09:32

The Conference had a decent year, as a whole. But there are still questions to be asked.

Can FSU bounce back? Can Miami return to dominance?

Can Maryland go back to its winning ways?
Last edited by DirtDawg on 01 Jan 2008, 11:52, edited 4 times in total.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Re: The Atlantic Coast Conference

Postby Theny » 11 Jul 2007, 09:34

DirtDawg wrote:The Conference had a decent year, as a whole. But there are still questions to be asked.

Can FSU bounce back? Can Miami return to dominance?

Can Maryland go back to its winning ways?

Yes, Hell Yes, and No.

It'll be interesting to see how UNC does this year as well. And Va. Tech.

FSU is the favorite right now in my mind though.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Jul 2007, 09:36

I think Va Tech is the best in the ACC this year. I still don't trust Weatherford at QB for FSU. I think those are the top 2 teams though.

Butch Davis could have a very good impact on UNC's team, but it seems like every 5 or 6 years, they are on the cusp of doing something big and moving in the right direction but never make the final step.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby nova » 11 Jul 2007, 09:45

Briandean79 wrote:I think Va Tech is the best in the ACC this year. I still don't trust Weatherford at QB for FSU. I think those are the top 2 teams though.

Butch Davis could have a very good impact on UNC's team, but it seems like every 5 or 6 years, they are on the cusp of doing something big and moving in the right direction but never make the final step.

I don't think this is Virginia Tech's year. I don't like Sean Glennon at QB, because in the ACC, it's better to have a quarterback with a lessor arm but with good foot speed and elusiveness. I have always speculated that he was only recruited to VT to sweeten the pot for Eddie Royal. A name to watch is UEM's boy Tyrod Taylor. This guy is supposed to be a monster, but Beamer has a track record of redshirting his stud QBs.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2007, 10:28

Clemson's got the best backfield in the ACC, with some luck they could conceivably win it (though there are at least 3 teams more talented than they are).

UNC will not be good this year. Maybe next year (mantra of the state of north carolina).

I'd take VT first, then FSU.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 11 Jul 2007, 10:34

I'm not saying UNC will be good or anything, but it'll definitely be interesting to see how the program develops now.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby nova » 11 Jul 2007, 12:06

UNC is never going to be any better than the other second tier Southern programs (i.e. Clemson, South Carolina). Too much recruiting competition, rigorous academic standards, and the fact that it's a basketball school are going to make it very difficult for Davis.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jul 2007, 12:08

nasty nova wrote:UNC is never going to be any better than the other second tier Southern programs (i.e. Clemson, South Carolina). Too much recruiting competition, rigorous academic standards, and the fact that it's a basketball school are going to make it very difficult for Davis.

then what's carolina and clemson's excuse? They only have tough recruiting competition. standards/basketball = whaaa?

eta - warrants mentioning that in his first year back at unc, he had a top 20 recruiting class according to rivals.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby nova » 11 Jul 2007, 12:09

SouthernYokel wrote:
nasty nova wrote:UNC is never going to be any better than the other second tier Southern programs (i.e. Clemson, South Carolina). Too much recruiting competition, rigorous academic standards, and the fact that it's a basketball school are going to make it very difficult for Davis.

then what's carolina and clemson's excuse? They only have tough recruiting competition. standards/basketball = whaaa?

I was speaking only on UNC and UVA. Clemson and USC have other issues.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Durden » 11 Jul 2007, 12:20

Theny wrote:I'm not saying UNC will be good or anything, but it'll definitely be interesting to see how the program develops now.

they had arguably the best '07 recruiting class in the ACC, and Top 15 in the country, so that's a start...that'd be nothing for a big-name program, but it's definitely a step up for them.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby nova » 11 Jul 2007, 12:22

Durden wrote:
Theny wrote:I'm not saying UNC will be good or anything, but it'll definitely be interesting to see how the program develops now.

they had arguably the best '07 recruiting class in the ACC, and Top 15 in the country, so that's a start...that'd be nothing for a big-name program, but it's definitely a step up for them.

Yes, but Virginia has also had top 15 type classes and look what they've done. Dick.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Durden » 11 Jul 2007, 12:29

nasty nova wrote:
Durden wrote:

Yes, but Virginia has also had top 15 type classes and look what they've done. Dick.

valid point, i just think it's noteworthy (for them) when i'm not sure they've ever had a 5* recruit, let alone two in the same recruiting class...potentially a sign that things are looking up for them, coupled with the Davis hire.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JichaelDick » 11 Jul 2007, 12:36

nasty nova wrote:
Durden wrote:

Yes, but Butch Davis >>>>>>>>>> Al Groh
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby IhateTomBrady » 12 Jul 2007, 18:50

FSU will scrape out an ACC title while they reload with Jimbo Fisher recruits for a run in '08. VaTech will fade late in the season per usual.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Colonel Angus » 12 Jul 2007, 18:57

Go Noles.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Next

Return to College Sports