Soonering is the new Clemsoning. Jesus Christ.

Soonering is the new Clemsoning. Jesus Christ.

Postby the cheese » 23 Jan 2007, 11:11

We need this thread so I can stop polluting all of the other college sports threads with useless OU crap.

If there is such a thing as a good loss, last night's nationally televised Bedlam game definitely was. Considering that OU doesn't have a senior with four years in the program, and starts four guys who shouldn't be playing D1 baskteball, that was a good game. If we actually shot 3s at a normal clip or (gasp) attacked the basket with any regularity, we might have won in Stillwater against a ranked OSU team. Jeff Capel is a much better game coach the Kelvin Sampson already. This team will be fun to watch in a year.

I took some of the O's. Live up to pre-season expectations, and then you'll get them back. -NOVA

Additional O's removed until Oklahoma wins a bowl game. - NOVA

All O's Removed. O's are for closers. - NOVA

That win was worth at least two O's. Three more games to get the rest back.

One more O to go.

ETA: That was worth another two.

All O's Removed. O's are for closers. - NOVA

One O reinstated - NOVA

O's Reinstated. Welcome back, Johnny Boy - nova

Lose to TCU, you lose your Os.
Last edited by the cheese on 10 Oct 2017, 13:16, edited 18 times in total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-U!!!

Postby Brick Tamland » 23 Jan 2007, 11:13

the cheese wrote:We need this thread so I can stop polluting all of the other college sports threads with useless OU crap.

Good post. I agree.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-U!!!

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Jan 2007, 11:16

the cheese wrote:We need this thread so I can stop polluting all of the other college sports threads with useless OU crap.

If there is such a thing as a good loss, last night's nationally televised Bedlam game definitely was. Considering that OU doesn't have a senior with four years in the program, and starts four guys who shouldn't be playing D1 baskteball, that was a good game. If we actually shot 3s at a normal clip or (gasp) attacked the basket with any regularity, we might have won in Stillwater against a ranked OSU team. Jeff Capel is a much better game coach the Kelvin Sampson already. This team will be fun to watch in a year.

I took some of the O's. Live up to pre-season expectations, and then you'll get them back. -NOVA

OU has improved a lot in just 3 weeks, cheese. I thought they'd be lucky to be competitive in the Big XII after their game against Alabama. Capel may turn into a decent coach for you guys...
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby nova » 23 Jan 2007, 11:19

Capel is a good coach. For starters, he avoided the trap that most Dookies fall into and got the fuck out of Durham. He built a very solid program at Virginia Commonwealth, and has the benefit of being a coach's son. I would expect OU to be a lot like Sampson's teams in the defensive side, but will have a lot of athletes that will race up and down the floor. The VCU team he left behind is currently running the CAA and that's mostly due to Capel's recruiting.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby the cheese » 23 Jan 2007, 11:26

JichaelDick wrote:

OU has improved a lot in just 3 weeks, cheese. I thought they'd be lucky to be competitive in the Big XII after their game against Alabama. Capel may turn into a decent coach for you guys...

OU won't be competitive in the BIX XII yet, simply because A&M, Texas, OSU, and Tech are all better teams right now. Our schedule is pretty brutal right now, as we have to play in College Station Saturday, followed by Longwood (wtf!?), then OSU and Tech at home. We could fall to 3-6 in the Big XII very easily, then still have to play Texas, A&M, and Kansas at home as well as tough road games at Iowa State and Mizzou. This year was always going to be a rough go (espescially after that rat bastard Kelvin Sampson left and didn't take his homo son with him) but all signs are promising.

In other news, early reports say that Sam Bradford, OU's 6'5" 200lb redshirt freshman walk-on of the year is leading the race to be starting QB next season. Some one shoot me in the face. My little brother sacked Sam Bradford four times when he played him in high school. Trust me, if a member of the [Cheese] family can catch you, you're probably a lotta slow.

ETA: I've liked Jeff Capel from the first day, unlike many people in Oklahoma who thought that he was too young to coach a "marquee" program like OU (coughcoughBULLSHITcoughcough). His teams do play with a lot of intensity, to the point that last night, the ESPN guys calling the game said that it looked like Jeff Capel had taken Kelvin Sampson's toughness and jacked it up to 11. I'm expecting very good things from Capel, who looks a hell of a lot more like a winner in his first year than Sampson ever did. Plus, he's already gotten three or four really good commitments for next year.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby kaskomm09 » 23 Jan 2007, 15:40

the cheese wrote:If there is such a thing as a good loss

... I thought you were going to talk about Boise State here.

Kelvin Sampson comes to Champaign tonight. I expect a disappointing effort in taunting out of the wildly overrated Orange Krush cheering section.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby the cheese » 23 Jan 2007, 15:42

kaskomm09 wrote:

Colour me unamused.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby jack_daniels » 23 Jan 2007, 15:48

Can OU ever live that down? Or will it haunt them forever.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Jan 2007, 15:53

jack_daniels wrote:Can OU ever live that down? Or will it haunt them forever.

It'll be ok...OU has had losses to worse teams in their history, and they've generally been able to bounce back nicely.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 23 Jan 2007, 16:02

To truly appreciate the thrill of victory one must know the agony of defeat. OU will be fine. Unless we get stuck on probation because of Rhett Blowmar, at which point we'll be fine in a couple years, with a brief fallow period in between.

Jichael Dick wrote:It'll be ok...OU has had losses to worse teams in their history, and they've generally been able to bounce back nicely.

Yeah, like Ole Miss. That national title after the Independence Bowl loss was awesome.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Brick Tamland » 23 Jan 2007, 16:30

the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:

Colour me unamused.

Were you going for the Euro-Canadian spelling, or did you just type the 'u' after the 'o' because it's the O-U thread? :D
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 23 Jan 2007, 16:40

Brick Tamland wrote:
the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:

Colour me unamused.

Were you going for the Euro-Canadian spelling, or did you just type the 'u' after the 'o' because it's the O-U thread? :D

Combo of both of them. Can't miss an opportunity to type OU, can I?
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Jan 2007, 22:51

the cheese wrote:

To truly appreciate the thrill of victory one must know the agony of defeat. OU will be fine. Unless we get stuck on probation because of Rhett Blowmar, at which point we'll be fine in a couple years, with a brief fallow period in between.

Jichael Dick wrote:It'll be ok...OU has had losses to worse teams in their history, and they've generally been able to bounce back nicely.

Yeah, like Ole Miss. That national title after the Independence Bowl loss was awesome.

I was thinking the '57 Notre Dame game, but sure, that'll work (BTW, in case you didn't hear, Rumsfeld res---I mean, I'm not going to Ole Miss anymore)
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 24 Jan 2007, 09:35

JichaelDick wrote: I'm not going to Ole Miss anymore

I did not know that. [/Johnny Carson] Why?
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Theny » 24 Jan 2007, 09:50

the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote: I'm not going to Ole Miss anymore

I did not know that. [/Johnny Carson] Why?

He couldn't get laid.

The chicks at UNA are way easier from what I hear.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to College Sports