Simply....The Best: College Football

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby the cheese » 13 Jul 2011, 10:22

What's interesting here is how apparently easy it is to run a PR firm. I mean, jesus, that looks like amateur hour. Only in Lubbock would a PR firm use emails to coordinate a smear campaign that's running concurrently with wrongful termination proceedings.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18370
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 May 2016, 11:02

Connelly ranks the best teams of the 90s
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14316
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Briandong79 » 04 May 2016, 11:04

CourtesyFlush wrote:Connelly ranks the best teams of the 90s


Nice to see the 91 Washington team get some credit, that team was stacked. They boatraced Iowa in the Rose.

ETA: Actually that's the year after they boatraced Iowa. My bad.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30844
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 May 2016, 11:09

Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Connelly ranks the best teams of the 90s


Nice to see the 91 Washington team get some credit, that team was stacked. They boatraced Iowa in the Rose.

ETA: Actually that's the year after they boatraced Iowa. My bad.

Interesting that the only player that I typically identify with that UW team is Steve Emtman. ABC/ESPN announcer Ed Cunningham was also a part of that team.

Without looking--what QBs were eventually drafted from that team?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14316
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Briandong79 » 04 May 2016, 11:14

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Connelly ranks the best teams of the 90s


Nice to see the 91 Washington team get some credit, that team was stacked. They boatraced Iowa in the Rose.

ETA: Actually that's the year after they boatraced Iowa. My bad.

Interesting that the only player that I typically identify with that UW team is Steve Emtman. ABC/ESPN announcer Ed Cunningham was also a part of that team.

Without looking--what QBs were eventually drafted from that team?


Brunell was the back up, can't remember the starter. They also had Nap Kaufman.

ETA: Billy Jo Hobert?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30844
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Aug 2016, 13:19

The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30844
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Colonel Angus » 03 Aug 2016, 08:15

Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby God Shamgod » 03 Aug 2016, 08:58

Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.


Yeah, they're actually counting what some of these schools did before blacks were allowed to play. #wentthere
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Theny » 03 Aug 2016, 11:48

God Shamgod wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.


Yeah, they're actually counting what some of these schools did before blacks were allowed to play. #wentthere


As soon as I heard about this thing my first thought was "how absurdly low will the Canes be?" I was right! Behind fsu and UF. Smh.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30414
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby mj3528 » 03 Aug 2016, 11:56

Theny wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.


Yeah, they're actually counting what some of these schools did before blacks were allowed to play. #wentthere


As soon as I heard about this thing my first thought was "how absurdly low will the Canes be?" I was right! Behind fsu and UF. Smh.


I knew the formula was weird when Ohio State was #1. I did not see them being that high. Top 10 sure, maybe top 5 but not #1. Michigan was low and should probably be ahead of Ohio State. I thought Notre Dame might be #1. Oklahoma should not be #2.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Colonel Angus » 03 Aug 2016, 11:57

mj3528 wrote:
Theny wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.


Yeah, they're actually counting what some of these schools did before blacks were allowed to play. #wentthere


As soon as I heard about this thing my first thought was "how absurdly low will the Canes be?" I was right! Behind fsu and UF. Smh.


I knew the formula was weird when Ohio State was #1. I did not see them being that high. Top 10 sure, maybe top 5 but not #1. Michigan was low and should probably be ahead of Ohio State. I thought Notre Dame might be #1. Oklahoma should not be #2.


CFN's methodology (and results) made a lot more sense to me: http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/ap- ... f-all-time
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby mj3528 » 03 Aug 2016, 11:58

Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Theny wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.


Yeah, they're actually counting what some of these schools did before blacks were allowed to play. #wentthere


As soon as I heard about this thing my first thought was "how absurdly low will the Canes be?" I was right! Behind fsu and UF. Smh.


I knew the formula was weird when Ohio State was #1. I did not see them being that high. Top 10 sure, maybe top 5 but not #1. Michigan was low and should probably be ahead of Ohio State. I thought Notre Dame might be #1. Oklahoma should not be #2.


CFN's methodology (and results) made a lot more sense to me: http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/ap- ... f-all-time


that site has Okalahoma #1. Maybe I am undervaluing Oklahoma.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Aug 2016, 12:02

mj3528 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Theny wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.


Yeah, they're actually counting what some of these schools did before blacks were allowed to play. #wentthere


As soon as I heard about this thing my first thought was "how absurdly low will the Canes be?" I was right! Behind fsu and UF. Smh.


I knew the formula was weird when Ohio State was #1. I did not see them being that high. Top 10 sure, maybe top 5 but not #1. Michigan was low and should probably be ahead of Ohio State. I thought Notre Dame might be #1. Oklahoma should not be #2.


CFN's methodology (and results) made a lot more sense to me: http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/ap- ... f-all-time


that site has Okalahoma #1. Maybe I am undervaluing Oklahoma.


I'll stick with the AP one. I don't want to be the first "Others Receiving Votes" team.

OSU's worst full decade in terms of percentage of polls they appeared in is better than Iowa's best. :?

ETA: The most random team is #98-- Iowa Pre-Flight.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30844
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby the cheese » 03 Aug 2016, 13:25

mj3528 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Theny wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The All Time AP Top 100:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

Top 25, baby!


I find their formula a bit flawed.


Yeah, they're actually counting what some of these schools did before blacks were allowed to play. #wentthere


As soon as I heard about this thing my first thought was "how absurdly low will the Canes be?" I was right! Behind fsu and UF. Smh.


I knew the formula was weird when Ohio State was #1. I did not see them being that high. Top 10 sure, maybe top 5 but not #1. Michigan was low and should probably be ahead of Ohio State. I thought Notre Dame might be #1. Oklahoma should not be #2.


CFN's methodology (and results) made a lot more sense to me: http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/ap- ... f-all-time


that site has Okalahoma #1. Maybe I am undervaluing Oklahoma.


You won't in about 55 days.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18370
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Aug 2016, 09:11

Kansas rapers rape women, women subsequently forced to go cheer for their rapers.

Even two rowers like Plaintiff and Sarah McClure, who had been sexually assaulted by a KU football player, were encouraged and expected to attend and root on the KU football players under KU’s policy.

KU has an official policy and practice of entertaining football recruits in hotels just off campus and encouraging female KU athletes to attend parties with the recruits.


IS IT SATURDAY YET FOOOBAWWWWRRRRRR!!!111!!!!1!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23112
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest