Simply....The Best: College Football

Re: Simply....The Best: College Football

Postby Colonel Angus » 01 Sep 2016, 15:25

Some dude at SI.com ranks the best team entrances in college football.

Obviously these are all just personal preference, but LOL at Georgia Tech being ranked that high. I've been to GT games in person and didn't even realize that was considered a thing.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Sep 2016, 15:25

don't they just drive a jalopy onto the field? I didn't think Archie Comics were that popular
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 01 Sep 2016, 15:28

Colonel Angus wrote:Some dude at SI.com ranks the best team entrances in college football.

Obviously these are all just personal preference, but LOL at Georgia Tech being ranked that high. I've been to GT games in person and didn't even realize that was considered a thing.

He says the SJWs have him rank FSU so low, but he is wrong. When the spear goes in the ground, chills.

The Ohio State band dotting the I is indeed awesome, but that is not associated with the entrance of the team.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Colonel Angus » 01 Sep 2016, 15:28

SouthernYokel wrote:don't they just drive a jalopy onto the field? I didn't think Archie Comics were that popular

Yes. The SI thing has a 2:17 video, the last 15 seconds or so of which are the guy slowly driving the jalopy onto the field. Pretty exciting stuff.

ETA: This dude is an idiot. Agree with mj on FSU. And # 18 on his list is this:

18. Air Force

It’s not so much what Air Force players do themselves, but the fact that the opponents’ tunnel has signs reminding players about the elevation. That is some solid, institutional trash talk.
Last edited by Colonel Angus on 01 Sep 2016, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Sep 2016, 15:31

FSU's is objectively the best. i don't think anyone can dispute that. VT's is good, USCw's is good. I like USCe's but i think he's over rating it. Auburn's is pretty great as well.

1. FSU
2. Auburn
3. VT
4. USCe*
5. USCw

i do not "get" the ohio state dotting the i thing. i swear it's not because i fucking hate the school either, i for real don't understand why a sousa phone walking to a spot on the field is interesting.

*lol, he's over rating it by 1.
Last edited by SouthernYokel on 01 Sep 2016, 15:33, edited 2 times in total.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 01 Sep 2016, 15:32

Colonel Angus wrote:Some dude at SI.com ranks the best team entrances in college football.

The video they have of OU at #4 isn't even the entrance*, it's a touchdown celebration.

In the entrance, after the hype video James Garner introduces the team after the hype video, the team runs out behind the 7 national championship flags, the schooner does a lap of the field, then the rufnex run the length of the field and shoot their guns off, which pretty well covers the stadium in smoke. Fireworks, fin.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 01 Sep 2016, 15:35

SouthernYokel wrote:FSU's is objectively the best. i don't think anyone can dispute that. VT's is good, USCw's is good. I like USCe's but i think he's over rating it. Auburn's is pretty great as well.

1. FSU
2. Auburn
3. VT
4. USCe*
5. USCw

i do not "get" the ohio state dotting the i thing. i swear it's not because i fucking hate the school either, i for real don't understand why a sousa phone walking to a spot on the field is interesting.

It is the song, the march before to make script Ohio, which culminates in the sousaphone player going out to dot the i. Typing it out it does not seem cool, but in person it gives you chills.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 Sep 2016, 15:38

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:FSU's is objectively the best. i don't think anyone can dispute that. VT's is good, USCw's is good. I like USCe's but i think he's over rating it. Auburn's is pretty great as well.

1. FSU
2. Auburn
3. VT
4. USCe*
5. USCw

It is the song, the march before to make script Ohio, which culminates in the sousaphone player going out to dot the i. Typing it out it does not seem cool, but in person it gives you chills.

I remember when you guys were in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back and they showed script Ohio during the opening. I hate the school too but it's a damn cool thing to see unfold.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 Sep 2016, 16:09

I hate Penn State, but I like their entrance. The acrobat band guy does a running front flip, and the fans just love it!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby CourtesyFlush » 05 Dec 2016, 14:14

From the AAC thread (worst 5 bowl destinations)--top 5 bowl destinations:

1. Bahamas (Popeyes Bowl)
2. New Orleans (Sugar, New Orleans)
3. Honolulu (Hawai'i)
4. Las Vegas (Las Vegas)
5. Miami (Orange, Miami Beach)

HM: San Diego (Holiday, Poinsettia), Orlando (Citrus, Russell Athletic), Boca Raton (Boca Raton), Pasadena (Rose)
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 Dec 2016, 12:40

TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Dec 2016, 13:51

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Art Briles can suck a bag of dicks.

i'm all for briles suing the university and winning tons of $$ that he then has to give away in all the civil suits that he himself will lose. let the money drain do it's work until both Baylor and Briles are giving handies under the overpass for half smoked butts.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 09 Dec 2016, 14:31

There's some Ole Miss folk that want Kendall Biles to be the next OC.

Me?

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 09 Dec 2016, 14:36

Kendall Briles is a fuckfaced cunt. Dude wears a flat brim on the sideline. The only thing he's got going for him is who is daddy is. Famously dirty recruiter.

He would fit in perfect at Ole Miss.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Dec 2016, 14:38

So I'm clear, we love our ol' bawwwwr coaches to be scumbaggy, but not too scumbaggy?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports