Ala Bammer

Ala Bammer

Postby Tennman » 06 Dec 2006, 00:05

Looks like we'll have a new coach in Bammer Land in 72 hours. Sounds like the Administration is forcing Saban's hand, or Rich Rodriguez gave an ultimatum. I wish these dickfaces would hurry up so folks would pay some attn to the bitchin bball team down here.
"It's rollin' baby. It's rollin'."
Tennman
Hope College Alum

Postby JichaelDick » 06 Dec 2006, 00:07

Tennman, you and I both know that Alabama could win 12 national titles in a row in basketball and nobody'd pay much attention at all. On the plus side, Alabama has better basketball support than Ole Miss does.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Tennman » 06 Dec 2006, 00:29

Yeah. Definitely a football town, but they're too good this year to go unnoticed, which they are here at least.
Tennman
Hope College Alum

Postby edogpgc » 06 Dec 2006, 00:36

Rich Rodriguez said on TV he's at WVU "as long as they'll have him". I'm sure his word is as strong as oak.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby Tennman » 06 Dec 2006, 10:51

edogpgc wrote:Rich Rodriguez said on TV he's at WVU "as long as they'll have him". I'm sure his word is as strong as oak.

He met with Mal Moore (Bama AD) yesterday so I don't think him leaving WVU is out of the question. Words are good for nothing. 3 million a year. That speaks volumes.
Tennman
Hope College Alum

Postby Theny » 06 Dec 2006, 10:58

Tennman wrote:
edogpgc wrote:Rich Rodriguez said on TV he's at WVU "as long as they'll have him". I'm sure his word is as strong as oak.

He met with Mal Moore (Bama AD) yesterday so I don't think him leaving WVU is out of the question. Words are good for nothing. 3 million a year. That speaks volumes.

He'd be nuts to leave WVU right now. That team is too good.

Worst case scenario is Rodriguez can wait until they fire their next coach at the end of next season for going 9-3 or something.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Tennman » 06 Dec 2006, 11:06

Theny wrote:
Tennman wrote:

He'd be nuts to leave WVU right now. That team is too good.

Worst case scenario is Rodriguez can wait until they fire their next coach at the end of next season for going 9-3 or something.

I've heard all the "He's a West Va. boy, his daddy was a coal miner" schpiel. But damn, when you're talking about possibly tripling his money to come to what I hate to admit is the greatest tradition in college football, not considering it would be moronic.
Tennman
Hope College Alum

Postby Theny » 06 Dec 2006, 11:09

Tennman wrote:But damn, when you're talking about possibly tripling his money to come to what I hate to admit is the greatest tradition in college football, not considering it would be moronic.

When that traditions includes, "firing the coach that just went 10-2 last year", I think people get a little hesitant about taking the job. I wouldn't expect a big name to go there right now. Don't expect Rodriguez to take the job, and DEFINITELY don't expect Saban to take it (he told Huizienga face to face he's not going anywhere this past weekend).
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby the cheese » 06 Dec 2006, 11:13

Tennman talking about Alabama football wrote:...to come to what I hate to admit is the greatest tradition in college football...

I disagree vehemently.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby edogpgc » 06 Dec 2006, 11:15

Tennman wrote:

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. You know, just like Cushman's dad's word in Jerry Maguire was as strong as oak.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby DirtDawg » 06 Dec 2006, 11:17

edogpgc wrote:
Tennman wrote:

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. You know, just like Cushman's dad's word in Jerry Maguire was as strong as oak.

I think I just caught a case of Cush-lash just then.

"He'll either surf or ski!!"
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby Tennman » 06 Dec 2006, 11:18

the cheese wrote:
Tennman talking about Alabama football wrote:...to come to what I hate to admit is the greatest tradition in college football...

I disagree vehemently.

It's up there with Notre Dame as the most storied. Yes, they're pissing on it now, but for a guy like Saban who supposedly has busts of Bear Bryant in his office, I think it's the greatest. Remind you, I HATE BAMA FOOTBALL WITH ALL MY SOUL! They should've fired Shula. He sucked, 10-2 was a fluke and everybody who followed the season closely knows that.
Tennman
Hope College Alum

Postby the cheese » 06 Dec 2006, 11:38

Tennman wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I disagree vehemently.

It's up there with Notre Dame as the most storied. Yes, they're pissing on it now, but for a guy like Saban who supposedly has busts of Bear Bryant in his office, I think it's the greatest. Remind you, I HATE BAMA FOOTBALL WITH ALL MY SOUL! They should've fired Shula. He sucked, 10-2 was a fluke and everybody who followed the season closely knows that.

I would put it no higher than third.
1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. (tie)USC/Alabama/OU/Ohio State
7. Texas A&M

As far as Bear Bryant being a god-like figure in coaching, I'm of the opinion that his stature as a coach in Alabama history is partly a product of the fact that they haven't had anybody special since then. Programs that have a great coach with a dynamic personality who experience great success for an extended period tend to mythologize those coaches during fallow periods.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Tennman » 06 Dec 2006, 11:43

the cheese wrote:I would put it no higher than third.
1. Notre Dame
2. Michigan
3. (tie)USC/Alabama/OU/Ohio State
7. Texas A&M

As far as Bear Bryant being a god-like figure in coaching, I'm of the opinion that his stature as a coach in Alabama history is partly a product of the fact that they haven't had anybody special since then. Programs that have a great coach with a dynamic personality who experience great success for an extended period tend to mythologize those coaches during fallow periods.

True, they haven't had "anybody since then," and not that there isn't a legit argument with tOSU and UM being up there w/ND and Bama. That said, the tradition will continue to be a draw, no matter how bad the administration fucks it up.
Tennman
Hope College Alum

Postby the cheese » 06 Dec 2006, 11:53

Let me restate that. No one at Alabama has made any move to step out of the shadow of Bear Bryant. As an example, Bud Wilkenson, a contemporary of Bear, took OU from obscurity to three national titles and 155 wins, including 44 in a row. Wilkenson, like Bear, was a philosophical figure and a dynamic personality. Had the program never experienced that extended run of dominance again, Wilkenson would probably be the same mythical figure that Bryant is. However, the Switz brought OU to that same level of success, and Bob Stoops is approaching the same level. Nobody has done that at Alabama.
the cheese
The Douche

Next

Return to College Sports