1-900-SHAMGOD

1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby God Shamgod » 06 Aug 2006, 19:11

College football season is on its way and needs it own voice on SOTSG.

I'm not a big futures guy, but will pick out a few to pass the time over the next few weeks. I'm already hard at work on the week 1 spreads and have found some glaring mismatches.

This isn't exclusive either. Feel free to post your own CFB picks here. Just come strong and back up your opinion.
Last edited by God Shamgod on 10 Nov 2008, 22:08, edited 3 times in total.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby nova » 07 Aug 2006, 09:18

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm already a fan.

Obviously, the first game for people to discuss/disect will be Miami vs. Florida State on Labor Day. Miami is already starting in a huge hole by having to suspend four of the primary offensive weapons. My view on this is that Coker is crazy like a fox-- no college football coach is forced to be proactive regarding suspensions in the offseason. Why would he bench his best players a month before the make or break game of the year? My guess is that he has capable backups, is at this very moment gameplanning to beat FSU. The Canes have the element of surprise on their hands-- FSU can watch film on Moss and Moore, and figure out tendencies and what not; but if they don't know who's going to be out there, Miami could very well score two or three times before Bowden and Friends realize what hit them.

With that said, I am interested to see how FSU will try to recreate the havoc the wreaked on Wright last year. For the first 45 minutes or so, Wright couldn't do anything without a greazy ass negro in his face. Miami's OL is going to be ready this year for the blitzing/pressure. Something worth watching.

Personally, I'd like to see more of Xavier Lee.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Aug 2006, 09:25

Uh, hello? The first big game of the year is obviously on August 31st. Mississippi State vs. South Carolina. Huge. Mark it down. Go cocks.

By the way, i'd take FSU to sweep a 3 game set against UM. They're going to win by 3 touchdowns.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 07 Aug 2006, 09:27

nasty nova wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see more of Xavier Lee.

I echo that. Bowden should do what he did w/ Boldin and line him up at WR. Lee certainly has the athleticism to be great at any position. Not only that, it would give Weatherford a solidified target to throw to.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Aug 2006, 09:29

Im going to predict right now that Ohio St is overrated, not just bc Im 1-2 using them in NCAA 07, and both my losses are to Northern Ill and Cinci.

They lost 9 starters on Defense. They are going to be huge favorites against NIL. Take the points!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby nova » 07 Aug 2006, 09:30

SouthernYokel wrote:Uh, hello? The first big game of the year is obviously on August 31st. Mississippi State vs. South Carolina. Huge. Mark it down. Go cocks.

By the way, i'd take FSU to sweep a 3 game set against UM. They're going to win by 3 touchdowns.

I disagree. Florida State is the one team in college football that is the basis of the "any given Saturday" argument. Talent-wise, the can hang with any other program in the universe; but between their players being undisciplined and the massive brain farts by the coaching staff, this is a team that has recently become likely to knock off #1 one week, and then lose the next week to UVa.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Aug 2006, 09:32

SouthernYokel wrote:Uh, hello? The first big game of the year is obviously on August 31st. Mississippi State vs. South Carolina. Huge. Mark it down. Go cocks.

I've already got $10 on Carolina in that game. Spurrier pwns Croom. And really, the biggest game of the weekend (well, the biggest game Sunday), will be Ole Miss and Memphis. Since I figure it will be a low-scoring game (Schaeffer does have to learn the offense in less than a month), I'm saying if the over/under is more than 27, take the under. And, if either side is favored by more than 6.5, take the 'dog.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Aug 2006, 09:33

nasty nova wrote:

I disagree. Florida State is the one team in college football that is the basis of the "any given Saturday" argument. Talent-wise, the can hang with any other program in the universe; but between their players being undisciplined and the massive brain farts by the coaching staff, this is a team that has recently become likely to knock off #1 one week, and then lose the next week to UVa.

If they can beat Clemson in the 2nd week and VT whenever they play them, i think FSU goes undefeated in conference. They just have that much more talent than the rest of the league right now, especially since Miami and VT are reloading. Clemson has a real shot at them though, too bad the game is in Tallahassee, and Tommy won't be on the hot seat yet (so Bobby won't intentionally tank it this year).
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby nova » 07 Aug 2006, 09:37

SouthernYokel wrote:especially since Miami and VT are reloading.

I think VT is going give FSU and Miami better games than people expect. This team is insanely similar to the 2004 squad that Bryan Randall led to the Sugar Bowl, and should not be surprised if they upend one, if not both of the Florida teams. Their defense is scary good. Remember the name Chris Ellis-- he played behind Daryl Tapp last season, but when he was in the game, this motherfucker was a monster. He's a gamebreaker.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Aug 2006, 09:41

nasty nova wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:especially since Miami and VT are reloading.

I think VT is going give FSU and Miami better games than people expect. This team is insanely similar to the 2004 squad that Bryan Randall led to the Sugar Bowl, and should not be surprised if they upend one, if not both of the Florida teams. Their defense is scary good. Remember the name Chris Ellis-- he played behind Daryl Tapp last season, but when he was in the game, this motherfucker was a monster. He's a gamebreaker.

Not that FSU or UM are particular offensive juggernauts, but VT's offense is going to be piss poor. If they can't bash someone in the mouth running the ball with their superior offensive line, they're not going to score much.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 07 Aug 2006, 09:55

SouthernYokel wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

If they can beat Clemson in the 2nd week and VT whenever they play them, i think FSU goes undefeated in conference. They just have that much more talent than the rest of the league right now, especially since Miami and VT are reloading. Clemson has a real shot at them though, too bad the game is in Tallahassee, and Tommy won't be on the hot seat yet (so Bobby won't intentionally tank it this year).

I think Clemson has a real good chance to win that game they've played FSU well the last few years and they appear to be very confident heading into it. IMO, winner of that game plays in the ACC title game.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Aug 2006, 09:57

Clemson is going to be very strong, but Proctor has never started and has played pretty sparingly (his career highlight is throwing a couple TD's against Duke last year). It's all going to come down to how well he reacts to starting, and their DL--it's pretty untested.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby IhateTomBrady » 07 Aug 2006, 15:36

The first week I'd take South Carolina over Miss. State. Unfortunately, I'd take Miami over FSU as well. The two games that intrigue me are Cal at Tennessee and USC at Arkansas. I'd expect Tenn and USC to win but that will be a nice indicator if Arkansas can live up to the hype this year. The Tennessee game should be good to see if Phat Phil has his boys back early in the year.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby nova » 07 Aug 2006, 15:39

IhateTomBrady wrote:The first week I'd take South Carolina over Miss. State. Unfortunately, I'd take Miami over FSU as well. The two games that intrigue me are Cal at Tennessee and USC at Arkansas. I'd expect Tenn and USC to win but that will be a nice indicator if Arkansas can live up to the hype this year. The Tennessee game should be good to see if Phat Phil has his boys back early in the year.

As soft as teh Pac-10 is (suck it, bacon), I still expect Arkansas to lose by 50+. There is no conceivable reason to think that some true freshman white boy QB is going to come into the season, and knock off USC. I think Mustain could become the real deal, but I still don't see this upset coming. Not in week one.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby SouthernYokel » 07 Aug 2006, 15:41

IhateTomBrady wrote:The first week I'd take South Carolina over Miss. State. Unfortunately, I'd take Miami over FSU as well. The two games that intrigue me are Cal at Tennessee and USC at Arkansas. I'd expect Tenn and USC to win but that will be a nice indicator if Arkansas can live up to the hype this year. The Tennessee game should be good to see if Phat Phil has his boys back early in the year.

Darren McFadden, Arkansas's stud tailback, is going to be out for the USC game. I doubt they keep it within 21. Tennessee/Cal is more interesting. That's probably going to be a tight one.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Next

Return to College Sports