Hoosier Coach?

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Mar 2006, 14:35

I think Davis is a nice man (really, everybody I've talked to that has ties to him agrees on this) that just couldn't handle the pressure in Bloomington. I'm seriously hoping he gets on his feet somewhere smaller and kicks some ass.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 28 Mar 2006, 14:37

JichaelDick wrote:I think Davis is a nice man (really, everybody I've talked to that has ties to him agrees on this) that just couldn't handle the pressure in Bloomington. I'm seriously hoping he gets on his feet somewhere smaller and kicks some ass.

That all may be true and, quite honestly, I've heard good things about him but the 'victim card' was played once too often for me.

I almost think that IU went against their roots just to prove him wrong.

Either way, Sampson is a much better coach than I thought they'd end up with.

Good luck to Davis back in Alabama. Stop talking about Indiana now, please.
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Mar 2006, 14:38

Oh, I will, UEM. I have no semi-ties to IU now that Davis is gone.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 28 Mar 2006, 14:40

JichaelDick wrote:Oh, I will, UEM. I have no semi-ties to IU now that Davis is gone.

ha - I meant that for Davis
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Mar 2006, 14:41

Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Oh, I will, UEM. I have no semi-ties to IU now that Davis is gone.

ha - I meant that for Davis

Ahh...ok. Oh well...I think Davis will be a good fit at UAB...assuming they hire him. I actually have no quarrel with Indiana, although I felt bad for Davis. I'd rather see them do well than Louisville, Kentucky, or Cincinnati.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 28 Mar 2006, 14:48

Actually, I think Davis will be fine at UAB too. He can recruit and he probably has learned a lot from his experience. It certainly won't hurt him to coach at a school with lower expectations.
FRSB

Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Mar 2006, 14:50

Yeah...be like Doherty at Florida Atlantic, Buzz Peterson at Coastal Carolina, heck, maybe even Bobby Knight at Texas Tech (which really didn't have much basketball history at all before him, save Darvin Ham's backboard-shattering dunk against UNC in the '96 NCAA Tournament).
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Re: Hoosier Coach?

Postby mj3528 » 25 Oct 2016, 16:57

Bob Knight would not have lasted as long in the SJW era:

http://deadspin.com/former-indiana-player-alleges-bobby-knight-punched-him-1788206021

These two items were interesting:

That Knight made a habit, with Jadlow and others, of grabbing players by the testicles and squeezing.

That Knight continually called Daryl Thomas a “(bleeping) p——-” and once instructed the managers to wallpaper Thomas’ locker with pictures of female genitalia. Knight also liked to throw tampons at Thomas, who took more abuse than anybody on Jadlow’s teams.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Dec 2016, 15:19

Sup, UNC?

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Dec 2016, 16:03

JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mister bacon » 01 Dec 2016, 17:22

only one man can save them now

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mister bacon » 23 Feb 2017, 08:37

dios mio the sports talk mouth breathers were out in full force yesterday about paul george leaving and the hoosier coaching situation. everyone agrees that crean will never win a title here so it's just about the buyout now. no one has any clue who their next coach should be. the hoosiers are in the worst part of the nostalgia trap: all the alums and donors remember the era when IU was a dominant force in college hoops and expect them to be competing for chips but none of the kids they should be recruiting do. any coach walking into the game will understand they gotta make a final four within their first four years. no one wants to walk into that.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Feb 2017, 08:42

i assume that a healthy portion of those nutters expect steve alford to come running back home
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Feb 2017, 08:52

mister bacon wrote:dios mio the sports talk mouth breathers were out in full force yesterday about paul george leaving and the hoosier coaching situation. everyone agrees that crean will never win a title here so it's just about the buyout now. no one has any clue who their next coach should be. the hoosiers are in the worst part of the nostalgia trap: all the alums and donors remember the era when IU was a dominant force in college hoops and expect them to be competing for chips but none of the kids they should be recruiting do. any coach walking into the game will understand they gotta make a final four within their first four years. no one wants to walk into that.

According to an IU blog it doesn't sound like Crean is going anywhere.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 23 Feb 2017, 09:10

Sweet 16 in 3 of the last 5 years and won the big 10 regular season 2 of the last 5...these people are crazy. he has a punchable face, i'll give them that
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports