College Baseball

College Baseball

Postby God Shamgod » 02 Feb 2006, 23:19

I know that not many are interested but there must be a few here.

Season starts off tommorow down here.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 02 Feb 2006, 23:21

I like college baseball. I'm hoping Clemson has a big year. They've got a pretty solid lineup and some decent pitching (Stephen Faris, et al) coming back.
User avatar
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: 06 Jan 2006, 20:48
Location: Not using steroids

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Feb 2006, 23:21

Our first games are February 17, 18, and 19 against St. Louis, then we have two against Samford, then a 3-game set against Tiff's Maine Black Bears.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25776
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Postby God Shamgod » 02 Feb 2006, 23:24

Maine hasn't been kind visitors to the state of Mississippi in recent year. Beating Miss St in football and knocking Ole Miss out of the reigonals a few years back.

FSU looks to make a run for title. There is good pitching depth and reigning national player of the year (according to one of the awards) Shane Robinson is incredible. Of course the season will likely end in disappointment again.

Clemson is picked to win the ACC. They return just about everybody from last year.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Feb 2006, 23:25

God Shamgod wrote:Maine hasn't been kind visitors to the state of Mississippi in recent year. Beating Miss St in football and knocking Ole Miss out of the reigonals a few years back.

FSU looks to make a run at Omaha. There is good pitching depth and reigning national player of the year (according to one of the awards) Shane Robinson is incredible. Of course the season will likely end in disappointment again.


Maine didn't knock us out of any regionals that I can remember. Washington did it year before last, but Maine was eliminated by Oklahoma in the Super Regional in Oxford last season before we beat Oklahoma 20-5 to win it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25776
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Postby God Shamgod » 02 Feb 2006, 23:32

My bad. They knocked out Southern Miss (who was ranked if i remember right) in the Oxford reigonal.

With that said, Maine has still had way too much success in that state.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Feb 2006, 23:33

That's right...and they eliminated them right, too. A 15-5 ass-whooping on the Buzzards. And, Maine has had a ton of success in Mississippi, but not against Ole Miss. At least yet.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25776
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Feb 2006, 09:21

Montecore's Revenge wrote:I like college baseball. I'm hoping Clemson has a big year. They've got a pretty solid lineup and some decent pitching (Stephen Faris, et al) coming back.


Go cocks. Underrated this year because we lost Aaron Rawl, Tollison and Steve Pierce, but the young guys that Coach Tanner brought in are lights out. Early season may be bumpy, but look for a run after about 15 games.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29523
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby Wisconsin Sports Guy » 03 Feb 2006, 12:28

Has anyone played the new video game yet? I heard it was pretty cool.
Stephen A. Smith doesn't know me either.
Wisconsin Sports Guy
Yankee
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 30 Jan 2006, 12:38
Location: Miller Park

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Feb 2006, 13:12

Wisconsin Sports Guy wrote:Has anyone played the new video game yet? I heard it was pretty cool.


Halfway through my first year of dynasty, gamecocks are 22-0 and 2nd in the nation behind fsu (who are 17-4, riddle me that!). It is very fun, and i still haven't gotten over the "PING" noise. I love it every time a guy hits a nice line drive. Also, the "indie" music is decent, but i miss the fight songs. It wouldn't have been that hard for them to just move the music over from NCAA 06. Jackasses.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29523
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 03 Feb 2006, 13:27

Wisconsin Sports Guy wrote:Has anyone played the new video game yet? I heard it was pretty cool.


I guided Clemson to a 61-15, national championship season. I haven't gotten into offseason stuff yet. I liked the game a lot. EA Sports really came up with a genius idea when they created the coach mode a couple of years back. I absolutely love it. You can get through a whole game in a matter of two or three minutes, AND you can intervene at any time and switch back and forth as the situation calls for it.

This game has some good features, but they obviously didn't try very hard on some of them (i.e. the create-a-school-mode) because they probably wanted to leave room for improvement next year. But playing with the updated roster file (with all the real names) makes the game even better. I'd give it a solid "B."
User avatar
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death
 
Posts: 6418
Joined: 06 Jan 2006, 20:48
Location: Not using steroids

Postby God Shamgod » 03 Feb 2006, 15:15

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
Wisconsin Sports Guy wrote:Has anyone played the new video game yet? I heard it was pretty cool.


I guided Clemson to a 61-15, national championship season. I haven't gotten into offseason stuff yet. I liked the game a lot. EA Sports really came up with a genius idea when they created the coach mode a couple of years back. I absolutely love it. You can get through a whole game in a matter of two or three minutes, AND you can intervene at any time and switch back and forth as the situation calls for it.

This game has some good features, but they obviously didn't try very hard on some of them (i.e. the create-a-school-mode) because they probably wanted to leave room for improvement next year. But playing with the updated roster file (with all the real names) makes the game even better. I'd give it a solid "B."



They rushed the game out. The stadiums are very cool. Down to the smallest detail. The only gripe I have is a ball hit off the RF wall (sort of like the green monster) in Dick Howser is called an HR. They should have done a little more homework.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Postby God Shamgod » 03 Feb 2006, 19:28

Thanks for the contribution _.

I deleted _'s post. I don't view a two-word useless post an improvement over a one-word useless post. -FTT
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5639
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Postby Colonel Angus » 03 Feb 2006, 21:33

God Shamgod wrote:
Montecore's Revenge wrote:
Wisconsin Sports Guy wrote:Has anyone played the new video game yet? I heard it was pretty cool.


I guided Clemson to a 61-15, national championship season. I haven't gotten into offseason stuff yet. I liked the game a lot. EA Sports really came up with a genius idea when they created the coach mode a couple of years back. I absolutely love it. You can get through a whole game in a matter of two or three minutes, AND you can intervene at any time and switch back and forth as the situation calls for it.

This game has some good features, but they obviously didn't try very hard on some of them (i.e. the create-a-school-mode) because they probably wanted to leave room for improvement next year. But playing with the updated roster file (with all the real names) makes the game even better. I'd give it a solid "B."



They rushed the game out. The stadiums are very cool. Down to the smallest detail. The only gripe I have is a ball hit off the RF wall (sort of like the green monster) in Dick Howser is called an HR. They should have done a little more homework.


They have a Green Monster-ish wall in RF? In front of the circus? Is that new? I don't remember that being there when I was in school.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Feb 2006, 09:18

Season started this weekend. FSU absolutely annhilated Charleston Southern (as they should), winning one by the 10 run rule, and the other 2 easily. They deserve the #8 ranking they got. I wasn't sure about it when i first saw it, but damn if they aren't really, really good.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29523
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Next

Return to College Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest